Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,791,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If its name calling you are after check post 60..
, i dont know if the guy is gay or not but anyone who wants to advertise their disdain for the ACA through their company is definitely extreme right and probably adheres to the usual extreme right talking points.
It's transparency. What is this..5th grade.."if he did it then so can I" ?

Now when your bill goes up each year you can see if it's the food, the sales tax or the obamacare tax and get mad at the correct party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 11:14 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,293,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
They can lie, like this restaurant chain is doing (they're not mandated to pay for employee healthcare yet).
That may be how our government is run unfortunately but they have the luxury of just going into debt. That is not how a business is run, you don't wait until the day a bill is due to figure out how you are going to pay it. If you do that you're going to be out of business soon. Assuming they can any business that is going to fall under this mandate and see expenses rise will have already started to make accommodations for it by raising prices etc.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,443,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's called trickle down taxation. You tax a small business that tax trickles down to the customers of said business. Liberals love it.

So what the hell would you do, not tax the rich?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obamacare is what the people demanded so why shouldn't they pay "their fair share" ?
When people stop going to that restaurant because they don't like the owner acting like a dick, which is exactly what they're doing, then they won't be paying anything. This is nothing more than a political ploy that says hey stupid next time vote Republican. I suspect that the more common response will be hey stupid I think I'll find somewhere else to eat

Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Chase away liberals because they have to pay an up charge for Obamacare? Oh I get it, you want it but don't want to pay for it. Liberals.. what losers.
No, not because they have to pay, because the owners are being dicks

Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,791,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
When people stop going to that restaurant because they don't like the owner acting like a dick, which is exactly what they're doing, then they won't be paying anything. This is nothing more than a political ploy that says hey stupid next time vote Republican. I suspect that the more common response will be hey stupid I think I'll find somewhere else to eat
Oh, you're an economist now ?
ROFL.

Chick-fil-A is still in business.

I love how the left all think people will stop going and drive these businesses to bankruptcy.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:28 AM

Does that notice put them under any legal obligation? If it later comes out that it just went in the owners pocket could they be charged with anything?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:32 AM

In fact I suspect that in the short term their business might go up because of all the cons going there to eat just to "stick it to the libs"

Old 03-02-2014, 11:43 AM

There will be people who stop going to that restaurant, when they do those people will stop paying the restaurant. There will also be people who have never been to the restaurant but probably would have tried it sometime in the future but now won't.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:24 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,512,715 times
This is like a 'fuel surcharge' (ie, FedEx, airlines), or plastic bag ban 'fee' (fine).

ACA has been lied about (you can keep your plan), changed, delayed, (it will vary!) and it is a TAX.

Shouldn't retailers show a TAX, um, like a TAX....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies