Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:06 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,338,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Why show us a chart that proves you`re wrong? Those that have "some high school" made up how big a percentage of the vote compared to college grads.
The survey was not accurate in regards to the percentage of group sampling stats. It reports only 3% non-high school grads when the reality is that 12+% of the population hasn't graduated high school.
Educational Attainment in the United States: 2012 - Detailed Tables - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Last edited by InformedConsent; 01-27-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 08:07 AM

73,225 posts, read 63,111,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
But how do those statistics represent THE REST of the of the African-American male population? Last time I checked, those stats are only true for the persons to whom it applies to, and it does not apply to the majority of Blacks. Whether or not it applies to a relatively large percentage of Blacks compared to other population groups, that is not up for debate, as we all know the answer to that. The deal is this. Those stats do not apply to the major of Black males, so you cannot apply that statistic to the rest of the Black male population.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:11 AM

42,088 posts, read 75,644,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Poles are stupid (you don't hear as many "pollack" jokes as you did when I was a kid).
This was my first thought as well (I heard them all, too ... ). My grandparents and my dad were the most intelligent people I've ever known. I wonder why it was that the natives singled out Poles to equate not speaking fluent English and being overwhelmed with a new culture with a lack of intelligence. Why not Serbian or Hungarian jokes?

Old 01-27-2014, 08:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,997,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The stereotype that all Republicans are racist.

The stereotype that all black cats are bad luck
Or hanging a horseshoe over the doorway for good luck.

Along with never walk under a ladder......... I tend to follow this one!

As far as racist.......many people don't like white people either, is this new news?
I never knew all Republicans were white

Old 01-27-2014, 08:19 AM

5,680 posts, read 5,119,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Stereotyping is what lazy and stupid people do.
So which category do you fit into? Both?

Old 01-27-2014, 08:19 AM

14,533 posts, read 11,362,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Not all republicans are racist, but the racist ones tend to be republican. You got another white male spouting his mouth off over a muslim that was behind him in the line at the airport. Playing to his base of angry white males.
White American males are angry.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:20 AM

149 posts, read 101,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But how do those statistics represent THE REST of the of the African-American male population? Last time I checked, those stats are only true for the persons to whom it applies to, and it does not apply to the majority of Blacks. Whether or not it applies to a relatively large percentage of Blacks compared to other population groups, that is not up for debate, as we all know the answer to that. The deal is this. Those stats do not apply to the major of Black males, so you cannot apply that statistic to the rest of the Black male population.
I didn't say black Americans. In m post, I specifically stated African immigrants. They outperform everyone. That goes directly against the stereotype blacks are stupid. African American s have been programmed into thinking they are dumber and can't succeed. These are what stereotypes have done to us.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:21 AM

149 posts, read 101,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The stereotype that all Republicans are racist.

The stereotype that all black cats are bad luck
Racist republicans are pretty true. Not all of them are racist, but their is a good population there.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 AM

73,225 posts, read 63,111,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseme View Post
I didn't say black Americans. In m post, I specifically stated African immigrants. They outperform everyone. That goes directly against the stereotype blacks are stupid. African American s have been programmed into thinking they are dumber and can't succeed. These are what stereotypes have done to us.
I wasn't talking about anything you said. I was merely trying to prove a point to someone else.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:33 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,338,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
^ nonsense, again....

Based on limited exit polls and how those polled chose to identify themselves, those with college and post grad degrees voted Democrat more often, in the last election.
Not anywhere near the same percentages of those of the least educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies