Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,024,801 times

Advertisements

The stereotype that all Republicans are racist.

The stereotype that all black cats are bad luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,850,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

Not all republicans are racist, but the racist ones tend to be republican. You got another white male spouting his mouth off over a muslim that was behind him in the line at the airport. Playing to his base of angry white males.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:03 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,764,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Not all republicans are racist, but the racist ones tend to be republican. You got another white male spouting his mouth off over a muslim that was behind him in the line at the airport. Playing to his base of angry white males.
Correction, many White racist tend to be Republican, but many racist minorities tend to be Democrats... It's just more socially acceptable for minorities to be that way.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:15 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,850,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Correction, many White racist tend to be Republican, but many racist minorities tend to be Democrats... It's just more socially acceptable for minorities to be that way.
I don't see that. I see it mainly on the conservative side.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,248,530 times
Quote:
They call that tunnel vision

Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,456,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

You obviously misread--the OP wants stereotypes that AREN'T based in reality.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 AM

Quote:
You choose not to see it. I can link you to a few popular A.A. forums for you to look at. Also a few YouTube channels, and weblogs. I've debated politics there just like I do here at these forums, and as soon as I say something negative about Obama, I'm called a white devil and I'm told to go back to storm front. I also hear A.A. use racial slurs and other racial insults in real life that's directed at white people. No one cares or cares to notice because it;s only racism when Whites do it.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:22 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,968,347 times
Quote:
If you truely believe your statement, than you have to admit that the former number is far greater than the second.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If you truely believe your statement, than you have to admit that the former number is far greater than the second.
I do not. I think that because of the history of racism in this country, the former is noticed more and taken more seriously than the latter. I beleive that both sides are equally as stupid, but one side gets a pass...

Old 01-27-2014, 02:43 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,968,347 times
Quote:
I do not. I think that because of the history of racism in this country, the former is noticed more and taken more seriously than the latter. I beleive that both sides are equally as stupid, but one side gets a pass...
The question was not whom is more stupid or whom gets a pass...it is if the numbers are equal in the persons commitiing the stupid and racial dicrimination.

Are both groups numbers the same? Are you contending that there are equal amounts of white racists as minority racists?

Or are yo contending that there are more minority racists than white?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies