Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 02:37 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,402,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I can claim that I don't believe in cancer. Does that mean my unbelief will keep me from dying of it?

You don't believe in Hell. But that is where you will end up just the same, because you reject the One who can save you.
The Matrix was just a movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 02:44 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,913,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We already named several - check the links
Ted Cruz The GOP ran Romney/Ryan in 2012 and there are still a lot of them who think the Ryan budget proposal is sound. Also, food stamps were cut for millions of people, leaving hungry children in the wake of the legislation HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Somebody left crayons on the internet and the short bus kids got into them.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
They don't have to name one. They simply repeat the accusation often enough and loud enough that it sticks. That's what they do with everything.

Where's the evidence that conservatives want to deny people healthcare? That conservatives are out for the rich and don't care about the poor? That conservatives are racist? That conservatives want women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? That conservatives want dirty air and water? That conservatives use Fox News to disseminate lies?

There is none. But you don't need any evidence if you can convince people that's true without any. And that's what they do. If you hear the same thing said by college professors, politicians, celebrities, and mainstream media, then it sinks in. It doesn't matter that there is never any evidence backing it up. Eventually you just reach a point that you've heard it so much that you figure it must be true. And each new person who accepts it and begins repeating it contributes more to the next person accepting it.

Dude, they are so fervent they are trying to take bites out of your leg!

Old 12-08-2013, 02:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
Quote:
You don't know your history. Slavery was common throughout the world, and it was Muslims who were largely running the slave trade in Africa.

You do know that slavery still exists today, do you not? But we in America ended it. Even our founders knew it to be wrong. But there were those who would not be easily convinced. It took a civil war to accomplish it.

America did not invent slavery.
We sure as.hell perfected it.

And we had to kill 600k of our own citizens to end it.

So don't tell me that American slavery isn't exceptional. It was.

And Christians made it so exceptional.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,353,059 times
Quote:
I can claim that I don't believe in cancer. Does that mean my unbelief will keep me from dying of it?

You don't believe in Hell. But that is where you will end up just the same, because you reject the One who can save you.
My doctor? He's the one who can save me.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:50 PM

You need to include how Muslims want to shove Sharia law on us and how the liberal left is OK with that. You idiots will roll over for anyone to scratch your bellies.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
God damn you!!!!!

I'm very curious to see where this leads. Will there or won't there be hypocrisy?
Hypocrisy? Smerz is in Canada and none of this is a concern to him. His Commie country already accepts heathens, Muslims, and other scum religions.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It IS hilarious!
Ooops!

You are the joke!

Old 12-08-2013, 02:57 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,895,869 times
Quote:
It certainly does seem to threaten you, however. Why is that? I think it's that you fear truth.
No, it is zealots who want to turn this country into a theocracy that threaten me.

Quote:
You hate what Christ represents.
Wrong again. I think the message of the historical Jesus is a wonderful one. It would be even more wonderful if people who claim to believe in him would actually follow it. I see little of the "walk the talk" among the fundamentalists on this board, who are more concerned that everyone else be subjected to the dogma and idolatry that grew up around the religion (and have little to do with the actual message of Jesus) instead of simply loving one another and leaving it at that.

Quote:
Do they allow Christian displays in Islamic countries at Christmas? Why not?
Ah, so you DO get my point that in theocracies, only their religion is allowed. Is that what you want the U.S. to become? Judging by your insistence that only the Christian religion should be allowed to display their symbols and icons on government property, it's apparent that that's exactly what you want. Sorry, but there are those of us who truly love this country and what it stands for who are going to make sure that doesn't happen.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:00 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,314,921 times
I guess a lot don't know, The Church of Satan does NOT worship Satan, they are Atheists.

If you are going to say A Religion can put up displays, so can ANY "Religion".

For those that don't pay attention, I am a "Christian".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies