Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 01:51 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Thank you.
Thank him for what? Perpetuating the lie that America is evil? Are you of the Jeremiah Wright school, along with Barack Obama? Do you also hate Jews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
That is not accurate. Non-fundamentalist Christian's as well as those of other faiths, or no faiths at all, are saying we want equal footing. If you get to erect a monument in a public space, then so do we. Everyone is welcome to have God, Christ etc. in their society but no-one is welcome to force their God, Christ etc. on others outside an established religious meeting place or group.

Hopefully you can see the distinction.
So, 200 years of American history, a history rich in the Christian faith, and the yearly celebration of the Christmas season, is to be scrapped, and scoffed at by those to whom the season means nothing, becuase you feel somehow threatend by the very mention of the name, "Jesus Christ."

Why are you so threatened by that name?

There is another who is also threatened by that name. He is called Satan. He is your father, according to the Bible. He is the father of the antichrists.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Actually, Christmas was not declared a national holiday until 1870 and wasn't celebrated in ways that would be familiar to us until the mid 19th century.

In many parts of the Christian world, especially Protestant areas celebrations of Christmas were outlawed, and that includes parts of the US as well.

Please educate yourself on the history of Christmas before you make statements about Christmas that are not true.
I think it is you, that needs educating.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't care what they call themselves, or if they are a "herd." They are not mainstream Christianity, and likely not Christians at all, though they probably bellieve they are.

The truth is, there are many groups who call themselves "Christians" who are anything but. However to secularists, like yourself, you assume that they represent the real Church. They do not.

Do not discount the Muslim threat to our country. I think you need to do some study on Islam. Have they not now taken over most of the Middle East? Have you ever studied the history of the Crusades, which began as a result of the Muslim hordes invading and conqueroring much of Europe, and forcing the conversion to Islam, under threat of death. In fact, they slaughtered millions. The threat to these Christian lands was so great, that the Christians finally realized that they had to take a stand against them, or they would be annihilated.

It is the reason the Muslims are here, to convert America to Islam, and defeat Christianity, just as they have done in the Middle East. It is Islam which desires theocracy, world wide.
ROTFLMAO!!
Have YOU ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition, and the forcible conversion to Christianity under threat of death? In fact, they slaughtered millions.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:10 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,401,374 times
This could be be good for the local economy by increasing tourism. Everyone has seen the ten commandments, but a satanic temple monument........that's a different story.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I forsee a legal judgement which decides that the Satanic Temple is not a religious organization representing a legitimate religion, but a philosophical organization with a fictional character for a mascot. Which it is, and has been since its institution.

People who believe in the bible, but worship the biblical Satan are not the same folks as the Satanic Temple. The latter are libertarian satirists with a strange sense of humor, the former are rebellious teenagers who will grow out of it.
Oh, that's a hoot! So YOUR God is real, but all others are fictional mascots? There is NO evidence that your God is real. I say fictional mascot.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
Talking Satanic Temple Monument Going Up On OKC Capital Grounds

From the OP link:

Okla. brought the Satanic Temple upon itself.

Perfect!

Old 12-08-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
This could be be good for the local economy by increasing tourism. Everyone has seen the ten commandments, but a satanic temple monument........that's a different story.
They should make it the biggest Satanic Temple monument in the world, kind of like the biggest ball of string. Tourists love that.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I love your responses, nononsenseguy. They always make me laugh.
Rest assured, I'm laughing harder at you.

Quote:
Oops, you're in the wrong thread. This isn't the War on Christmas thread. Here we're talking about an actual monument to the 10 Commandments, which Christians actually do worship.
Christians do not worship the Ten Comandments. A display of the birth of Jesus is not a monument, either, and we do not worship it. It is there to remind us of the reason for the season.

It certainly does seem to threaten you, however. Why is that? I think it's that you fear truth. You hate what Christ represents. Chist, who is God, who came to reveal God's plan of salvation. We worship HIM, not the display.

Quote:
Well, I certainly wouldn't look to you as an expert, as you believe government property should display the holiday decorations of one religion, and one religion only. (And yeah, that only happens in theocracies. Or are you okay with government property prominently displaying things from Islamic holidays as well?)
At Christmas time, why would their be a display of religions that do not celebrate Christmas? They do it only to demean and ridicule our celebration.

Islam does not have a place of prominance in our history. It has only been in recent decades that they have begun to 'invade' our country. Why should they display anything on a Christian holiday? Do they allow Christian displays in Islamic countries at Christmas? Why not?

Last I heard, Muslims are still slaughtering Christians, raping their young girls and women, disfiguring them with acid, and all maner of barbary. That is who they are, and who they have always been.

As for Jews, let them have their Chanukah displays at the appropriate season. We Christians have more in common with Jews, as we are "Jews by adoption," according to scripture. And they were probably here as long as any Christians have been.

Quote:
You told me that if I didn't agree with you, I should "shut my piehole" and then you blather on about how everyone else is trying to take away your freedom of speech. You are a hoot. Your responses are never too bright, but they are always good for a laugh.
When you have nothing intelligent to say, personal attacks and ridicule are always the last resort.

Good day.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Of course, neither will being a Christian, or Hindu or Shintoist.
I can claim that I don't believe in cancer. Does that mean my unbelief will keep me from dying of it?

You don't believe in Hell. But that is where you will end up just the same, because you reject the One who can save you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies