Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 07:00 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,986,788 times

Advertisements

Not sure if I believe in the "end of the world" part of GW or CC that the left is pushing. When anyone in the scientific community comes out and states that they do not see it being man made or that its not as critical as some say, they get trashed. I have found particularly in religion when you argue against there being a 6k year old earth or that god is a man made thing, that they get very loud and start to call you stupid or your not able to understand and just trying to cause trouble. So when I see the same patter in the left it makes me think that they do not have near as strong of an argument as they would like. You don't get so emotional when you have solid facts on your side.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,486,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The "97%" number being tossed around by the AGW scammers comes from a University of Illinois online survey that only asked two questions. The university researchers solicited 10,257 earth scientists. Only 77 chose to answer the anonymous online survey. Of those 77, 75 agreed that man-kind contributed significantly to global warming. Thus you have your "97%" consensus among earth scientists.

It is no different from the IPCC scam in 2007 when they claimed that they had the consensus of 2,500 climate scientists. However, soon after it was discovered that the actual number of scientists who actually agreed with the report contents was only 25.

How many times are they going to try to pull the exact same scam?

What do they call some one who repeats the same thing over and over yet expects different results? Einstein may have considered them "insane," but I consider them the perfect candidate for the Village Idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The Doran survey is wholly unreliable, considering the 77 who responded out of the 10,257 who were asked to participate (0.75%) did so anonymously. We really do not know who actually responded. It could be some earth scientist's niece or nephew for all we know. Or it may have been just one earth scientist responding positively 75 times.

To put any stock into either study would be stupid, since neither are credible or provide an accurate assessment of the scientific community's consensus on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's one of the issues, if you are a geologist studying ancient climate is your specialty climate or geology? Note it's the 7 that encompass the 97%.

None of them have polled scientists directly and most arbitrarily assign a point of view to the studies many times inaccurately or counter to what the authors view is.

There is issues with that as well because the polling service they were using was blocking repeat IP's, buildings or even entire campuses could have the same IP.
Really? Even a quick wiki search shows you (and Glitch) are wrong.

Surveys of scientists' views on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I noticed you didn't address the whopper lies Glitch wrote. You just agreed with him.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:10 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,300,859 times
Quote:
The only thing you have proved is your inability to debate topic.
Whatever debate there was ended as soon as I proved right-wing claims about CRU emails were false. That you continue to cry about it afterwards doesn't mean the argument isn't over.

Quote:
Move the goal post now? LOL
No. Speed of response to a ridiculous glut of FOIA requests has nothing to do with the results of their research, which right-wingers falsely claim is fraudulent.

Now go read the links to tabloids your friends have sent you.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,486,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Whatever debate there was ended as soon as I proved right-wing claims about CRU emails were false. That you continue to cry about it afterwards doesn't mean the argument isn't over.

No. Speed of response to a ridiculous glut of FOIA requests has nothing to do with the results of their research, which right-wingers falsely claim is fraudulent.

Now go read the links to tabloids your friends have sent you.
The same UK tabloid that published this world shattering story?

Birmingham office workers claim Guinness World Record for longest ever Christmas cracker chain - Telegraph

"A staggering 749 people link together to each pull a cracker at the same time"

Old 12-12-2013, 08:52 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,404,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Really? Even a quick wiki search shows you (and Glitch) are wrong.

Surveys of scientists' views on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And that page references the same set of studies they all do ad naseum which I've been discussing including the Doran study. Pick one and let's get into specifics.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Whatever debate there was ended as soon as I proved right-wing claims about CRU emails were false.
The only thing you have done is posted a bunch of links and hurled insults, if you consider that debate that's pretty sad. .

Quote:
Firstly that is not what I'm talking about whn I say move the goal posts. You responded to a post I made about Phil Jones only escaping criminal prosecution because of short statute of limitations saying it was a lie. I've proven that was in fact true, now you're trying to change the subject of what you originally responded too. That's moving the goal posts.

That had nothing to do with speed either, it had everything to do with them illegally denying FOI requests, specifically the email correspondence where Jones discusses DELETING data instead of complying with the request.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
You're really digging into the bottom of the barrel now. How about attacking the information, are they lying?

Or are you just trying to deflect form the information?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Birmingham office workers claim Guinness World Record for longest ever Christmas cracker chain - Telegraph

"A staggering 749 people link together to each pull a cracker at the same time"
It seems the folks at the Telegraph are easily staggered. 749 million people, now that would be impressive.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You're really digging into the bottom of the barrel now. How about attacking the information, are they lying?
Yes. They've already been busted claiming the Met Office has issued statements they did not issue. Ask that guy who dares (dares!) to name himself after Wayne Gretzky (and spells it wrong).

Old 12-12-2013, 10:59 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,132,805 times
Quote:
Only if you're in the habit of comparing apples to... porcupines.
It truly speaks volumes that every Warmer I debate this silly topic with always obfuscates the facts with insults or asinine responses like this one. As I have stated numerous times in the past, when you can explain what caused the Medieval Warming Period and subsequent Little Ice Age without using insults, hysteria or idiot conspiracy theories involving global oil companies, I might actually begin to take you seriously. The Earth is currently coming out of the Little Ice Age. As such, a slight increase of temperatures is normal, not a sign that the Apocalypse is upon us and Judgement Day is nigh.

You guys sound just as ridiculous as Ultraconservative Republicans who think they see suicidal terrorists around every corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies