Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:26 PM

79 posts, read 64,015 times

Advertisements

Over the next 12 months, the government will spend an average of $30 billion more every month than it takes in.

Does this concern you? It should!!!

If your family earns $50,000 per year, just to pay down the $1 trillion in new debt that the government overspends each year – it would take your family 32 million years to pay for it.

Now, multiply that by 16 – because the government is now $16 trillion in debt –
That’s five hundred and twelve million years. Yes, 512,000,000 years to pay it back!

Penny plan SOLUTION??
If the government cuts one penny out of every dollar of its total spending (excluding interest payments) each year for five years, and then caps overall federal spending at 18 percent of national income from then on, we can:
  • Reduce federal spending by $7.5 trillion over 10 years.
  • Balance the budget by 2019.
Would you be for or against the penny plan?
If against the penny plan, what plan would you support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 09:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,113,527 times
Perhaps we could call in the trillions we've lent out to other countries.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:58 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,371,754 times
One of our congress members proposed the penny idea a couple years back and I have not heard any progress since.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:17 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
The solution to congress is to kick the can down the road and let the next batch deal with it. Meaning they will never pay off this debt.......we can't. Does anybody realize how much seventeen trillion dollars is? TRILLION. It's unreal. They will default and say hey what is anybody gonna do and float our battle wagons around to scare folks. Of course the dollar will go to hell and the country will be decimated but what do they care? They got their riches and they paid off all their banker buddies on and on. The country is being raped of every "penny" they can get right now but nobody is paying attention. Most are worried about some lineman on Miami who is a bully........oh wait that has changed I think it's who will win the next dance show. Who cares............only stupid brainwashed Americans do which is what these thieves want. Enjoy the bounty while it lasts because it won't last much longer is all I can say. I'll be off to the great north to hole up and watch the slaughter............as long as the internet stays live anyway.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The solution to congress is to kick the can down the road and let the next batch deal with it. Meaning they will never pay off this debt.......we can't. Does anybody realize how much seventeen trillion dollars is? TRILLION. It's unreal. They will default and say hey what is anybody gonna do and float our battle wagons around to scare folks. Of course the dollar will go to hell and the country will be decimated but what do they care? They got their riches and they paid off all their banker buddies on and on. The country is being raped of every "penny" they can get right now but nobody is paying attention. Most are worried about some lineman on Miami who is a bully........oh wait that has changed I think it's who will win the next dance show. Who cares............only stupid brainwashed Americans do which is what these thieves want. Enjoy the bounty while it lasts because it won't last much longer is all I can say. I'll be off to the great north to hole up and watch the slaughter............as long as the internet stays live anyway.
Please don't tell me you're coming to Commie Canada.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:52 AM

Close. I'm looking at Bemidgi Minn. I bet I can get some bootlegged maple syrup once I get a hookup. You know anybody?

Old 11-24-2013, 01:08 AM

49 posts, read 79,681 times
Default trillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Perhaps we could call in the trillions we've lent out to other countries.
I think this is one good idea !
Also, if we taxed the imports coming into the country.
But I tjink we need to. Audit. The FED. I think they are fudgng the numbers.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:11 AM

49 posts, read 79,681 times
I guess the money is going to collapse.
Maybe its not real anyway. Hsve you heard about Bitcoins ?

Old 11-24-2013, 01:14 AM

YOu know any dealers?

Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 AM

79 posts, read 64,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventwentyseven View Post
I guess the money is going to collapse.
Maybe its not real anyway. Hsve you heard about Bitcoins ?
No I have not heard of bitcoins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies