Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 12:56 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
This is an informative video, however, Still doesn't really address realities imo. He alludes to a govt that simply doesn't in reality work the way he alludes.
Nationalizing a bank, or having the Treasurer issue the currency isn't going to address many of the issues in banking and govt. imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 01:12 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The argument that converting to an equity based system from a debt based system cannot be done is flawed. Yes there would need to be cooperation to do it well. A system based in debt and bondage is not sustainable.

A debt based system is a choice. It was conceived as such. Dominating the world should not be someones ideal. I am not sure who this "we" you speak of is either. The 1% or less is the one dominating the world. You think you are part of a group that is?
Survival of the fittest through the creation and distribution of the most fit currency. We dominate mostly in constructive ways.
We as in the USA in general, and yes I include myself. I have prospered greatly both due to my own endeavors and investments, but not without support from our fiat/debt based system.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
That just doesn't make any sense. You (and most other countries) are in debt to private banks.
The fiat serves the people. Sovereign debt serves and benefits the people. I owe next to nothing to any private bank.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Survival of the fittest through the creation and distribution of the most fit currency. We dominate mostly in constructive ways.
We as in the USA in general, and yes I include myself. I have prospered greatly both due to my own endeavors and investments, but not without support from our fiat/debt based system.
Survival of the fittest is not about domination. Things are always changing. Currencies are no exception. This is linked directly to those at the top of the system model. So you think that without debt backing the currency you would not prosper?

Your second analogy is simply a relative analogy. Do you want to be a feeder fish for a giant whale or a small shark? The currency alone cannot be used as a basis. That same domination as you put it, has also enabled endless wars.

It is those at the top of the corporate hierarchy that are benefiting. What they do is for themselves. Govt investing in debt slavery of their so-called citizens is insane and unsustainable.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
The fiat serves the people. Sovereign debt serves and benefits the people. I owe next to nothing to any private bank.
It all goes through banks. So you don't pay taxes?

Old 11-25-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Survival of the fittest is not about domination. Things are always changing. Currencies are no exception. This is linked directly to those at the top of the system model. So you think that without debt backing the currency you would not prosper?

Your second analogy is simply a relative analogy. Do you want to be a feeder fish for a giant whale or a small shark? The currency alone cannot be used as a basis. That same domination as you put it, has also enabled endless wars.

It is those at the top of the corporate hierarchy that are benefiting. What they do is for themselves. Govt investing in debt slavery of their so-called citizens is insane and unsustainable.
I believe that the fittest naturally dominate. Whether directly intended or not. As humans we naturally dominate. As Men we naturally dominate. As a successful country we naturally dominate. Some one has to dominate or at least share in it. And IMO that is not necessarily all bad. Wars are of course the exception.

As a physician I would have prospered on a gold std. IMO I've done better and I'm richer today because of central policies. State scholarships, low interest rate loans, Medicare and other general medical funding. QE's and such.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
It all goes through banks. So you don't pay taxes?
Oh sure I pay taxes. On balance I have received and still get back more though.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Everything is for the people, they are the source and recipient. It can be no other way. They are the alpha and the omega in an economic system, however that doesn't mean that those at the top by definition should receive more than those who have been placed at the bottom.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:51 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
I had a coworker who told me that most money doesn't exist, because most of it is loaned with a small fraction actually backed up.

So does this mean government debt and money itself don't actually mean anything?

Old 11-25-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I believe that the fittest naturally dominate. Whether directly intended or not. As humans we naturally dominate. As Men we naturally dominate. As a successful country we naturally dominate. Some one has to dominate or at least share in it. And IMO that is not necessarily all bad. Wars are of course the exception.

As a physician I would have prospered on a gold std. IMO I've done better and I'm richer today because of central policies. State scholarships, low interest rate loans, Medicare and other general medical funding. QE's and such.
Domination is seen through the perception of value in hierarchy and control of such. Successful models do not require domination nor hierarchy. This is most definitely a Male perceptual tendency, however. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies