Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,783,441 times

Advertisements

Liberals I talk to say as a percentage of GDP its been worse and historically we taxed our way out of debt.

No problem spend away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
If your family earns $50,000 per year, just to pay down the $1 trillion in new debt that the government overspends each year – it would take your family 32 million years to pay for it.

Now, multiply that by 16 – because the government is now $16 trillion in debt –
That’s five hundred and twelve million years. Yes, 512,000,000 years to pay it back!
What's your point?

It has about as much relevance to the problem as dividing the national debt by how many miles per gallon my car gets.

If we want to tackle the debt, the solution is simple - cut spending and raise revenue. Only cutting spending is clearly a terrible idea that even those who claim to support know won't work. If you scratch the surface, you discover that they want to spend more on the bits of government pork they find tasty.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:16 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,955,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaad View Post
No I have not heard of bitcoins.
It's a decentralized virtual currency.
Bitcoin Climbs To Highest Since April, Led By Chinese Actions

Old 11-24-2013, 10:18 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,253,587 times
Term limits, no life time government pensions, fire 50% of the top cheese, including the fluff programs like money towards research of fungus growth on soccerballs in the middle of summer.

No foreign aide, tax breaks for startup businesses (puts revenue back into circulation).

Cut funding towards space exploration.

Just cut the spending and shrink the government in general.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:21 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,955,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Liberals I talk to say as a percentage of GDP its been worse and historically we taxed our way out of debt.

No problem spend away
Our economy being debt based is no accident. Then there is this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Not really anything new here. Same players, really the same game, as well.
The Truth About QE, The Deficit, And GDP Growth
quote:
But it seems clear that deficit spending, and not QE, has been the important source of our economic recovery since the great recession. It is also obvious why few politicians are interested in serious reduction of budget deficits any time soon, certainly while they expect to continue in office. Something would seem to be amiss in the economy if the fact of running an excessive fiscal deficit can be viewed as a good thing.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 AM

49 posts, read 79,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Term limits, no life time government pensions, fire 50% of the top cheese, including the fluff programs like money towards research of fungus growth on soccerballs in the middle of summer.

No foreign aide, tax breaks for startup businesses (puts revenue back into circulation).

I vote for YOU. !! You are a Tea Party person, right ? I dont know why people cant hear what we're saying over and over again. My sister actually asks "but what do you stand for ..?". Even after she's been told. Because the propaganda machine told her their blanket answer(dont think for yourself, you think what we want you to think,and thats that Tea Party people are racists) .. We are now in the most regulated era of this country,ever. and not just via taxes, debt,and enviromental laws, not just the NSA being big brother. But if you dont agree with the majority you get the IRS auditing you like you are living in a tyrannical country. Stomping on our necks. Sorry. i am talking from my experience. Government has grown, thats a fact. And its an expensive, now ruthless America.Greed rules the day. We need a new generation of informed voters willing to learn what the rule of law is, our rights and that the Constitution is what makes us different from other countries. Take that away and i think politicians would find a way to sell D.C, to communist China.

Last edited by Eleventwentyseven; 11-24-2013 at 11:29 AM..

Old 11-24-2013, 11:25 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,253,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventwentyseven View Post
I vote for YOU. !! You are a Tea Party person, right ? I dont know why people cant hear what we're saying. Over and over again. My sister actually asks "but what do you stand cor ..?". Even after she's been tol. Because the propaganda machine told her their blanket answer(dont think for yourself, you think what we want you to think,and thats tbat Tea Party people are racists) to anything we say... We are now in the most regulated era of this country,ever. and not just via taxes, debt,and enviromental laws, not just the NSA being big brother. But if you dont agree with the majority you get the IRS auditing you lkke you are living in a tyrannical country. Stomping on our necks.Sorry. i am talking from my experience.
I fully support the Tea Party. Ted Cruz has the principles that can fix this country and if we replace everyone in congress with people who have these principles, we can turn the country around.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:41 AM

49 posts, read 79,932 times
I know it has to be more than ideology. And i admire when a politician turns down the perks of their office to show he's not above the laws we our selves are held to. Note how most are voting laws into existence, we have to live under, that they dont, backroom deals too. I think they should all be drug tested.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:37 PM

79 posts, read 64,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

Definitely seems like a place to start

Old 11-24-2013, 06:23 PM

9,168 posts, read 5,841,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaad View Post
No I have not heard of bitcoins.
I heard of em, but dontcha have to buy em with "real" money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies