Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM

30,397 posts, read 52,006,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
lol, you can tell this article was specially made for mass consumption by right-wing xenophobes who are easily led down the primrose path. Hell, a lot of RWNJs even fall for Onion articles, LOL
LOL... but wasn't it you who posted an "Onion" article (thinking it was true) recently, or was that the other poster I always confuse with you? Nononsenseguy, I think.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,968,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... but wasn't it you who posted an "Onion" article (thinking it was true) recently, or was that the other poster I always confuse with you? Nononsenseguy, I think.
Not me. I never posted anything from The Onion

Old 11-22-2013, 04:07 PM

2,980 posts, read 3,541,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'm sure people who are not American haven't heard of it.
Maybe most Americans don't care if they haven't heard about it. The point is Americans are supposed to bow down to other people's cultures. If you move to America, assimilate or leave. It's nice how the racists who run that stupid school designed it to cater to "black and brown boys" and I wonder if the white taxpayers pay attention to the fact that white boys might not be particularly welcomed at that place.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:16 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,377,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Maybe most Americans don't care if they haven't heard about it. The point is Americans are supposed to bow down to other people's cultures. If you move to America, assimilate or leave. It's nice how the racists who run that stupid school designed it to cater to "black and brown boys" and I wonder if the white taxpayers pay attention to the fact that white boys might not be particularly welcomed at that place.
More mindless fear mongering as well as ignorance.

In case you don't know, assimilation is a two-way street. That's how tacos and pisza became American foods. I happen to be American (of Asian descent) and I enjoy my rice, stir-fried dumplings, vegetables and other foods of my ancestral homeland just as much as I like hotdogs and hamburgers. At some of the schools I've taught at, the lunches that kids bring run the gamut of everything and everything in the world.

Exposure to other cultures, particularly foods, does not make white kids unwelcome. Puh-leez. Get. A. Grip.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
You forgot to mention everybody's two favorites - haggis and spotted dick!
Ha ha! good one!!

Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM

2,980 posts, read 3,541,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
More mindless fear mongering as well as ignorance.

In case you don't know, assimilation is a two-way street. That's how tacos and pisza became American foods. I happen to be American (of Asian descent) and I enjoy my rice, stir-fried dumplings, vegetables and other foods of my ancestral homeland just as much as I like hotdogs and hamburgers. At some of the schools I've taught at, the lunches that kids bring run the gamut of everything and everything in the world.

Exposure to other cultures, particularly foods, does not make white kids unwelcome. Puh-leez. Get. A. Grip.
Good for you and I enjoy tacos, pizza steamed rice, stir-fried dumplings, etc..., but last I checked vegetables are eaten all over the world. No, assimilation is not a two way street. As far as your opinion about my opinion, I don't care at all.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:32 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,377,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
No, assimilation is not a two way street. As far as your opinion about my opinion, I don't care at all.
Well, you have a poor understanding of assimilation, because I consider myself assimilated and I still observe traditions of my heritage and still speak my parents' tongue. That's what it means and that's what happens in practice. Not just in America, but all over the world. For example, you find Argentina has quite a bit of Italian influence (in food and language) because of the many Italian immigrants who settled there, but they're all Argentine and they speak Spanish.

That's also how words in Spanish or other languages become commonplace in American English lexicon (like barbeque, from the Spanish barbacoa).

That's how St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo (which isn't all that celebrated in Mexico) because American traditions. That's how Tejanos have become part of the Texan culture.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:33 PM

34,117 posts, read 83,097,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Its just unbelievable what the left is doing to this nation.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is Racist, Says Portland School Official
are brazil nuts somehow involved?

Old 11-22-2013, 04:54 PM

30,397 posts, read 52,006,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Not me. I never posted anything from The Onion
Sorry, I think it was NononsenseGuy... I always confuse you two, since the names have similar meaning (sorta).

Old 11-24-2013, 10:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,288,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess immigrant children who just arrived in this country and went right to school.
How many of those do we have in the US ?

That many that they had to spend a few million to "educate" their staff on PC diversity ?
They should teach the wonders of putting gravy on french fries while they're at it, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.