Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 02:34 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Read the article, but if you want the spoiler alert here it is: The headline is a lie.
What are you talking about... I read the article which says because OTHER cultures might not eat bread, the guy thinks peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist because it doesn't include other cultures... I find it amusing considering peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are American and if they are in America, this is an American tradition... next up, turkey is racist because maybe they don't have turkeys in the north pole...

Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
It boggles the mind...

Old 11-22-2013, 02:44 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,227 times
PB&J racist? GTFO!

Old 11-22-2013, 02:48 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What are you talking about... I read the article which says because OTHER cultures might not eat bread, the guy thinks peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist because it doesn't include other cultures... I find it amusing considering peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are American and if they are in America, this is an American tradition... next up, turkey is racist because maybe they don't have turkeys in the north pole...
Reread it then because you didn't comprehend it. There is no mention of racism or being racist at all in what that person said. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
It boggles the mind...
What boggles the mind? That a foreigner wouldn't know what a PB&J sandwich is? Do you know what every food item is in every foreign country? I doubt that you do.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Find me the quote from the article in which the public school official says what you claim: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist because it doesn't include other cultures.

It should be easy because it's right there in the article, right?

Old 11-22-2013, 03:00 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,937,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Its just unbelievable what the left is doing to this nation.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is Racist, Says Portland School Official
Liberals are actually against diversity. And that's another thread in and of itself. Shows that leftists are always looking for a stupid crisis to manufacture for political reasons. They always do and always will.

Guess I need to go make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Grape, anyone?

Old 11-22-2013, 03:01 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Isn't this story totally old? I realize the article date is yesterday, but I swear I heard this story at least a year or two ago.
Yep, it's an oldie! It was also debunked (as what they claim) when the story first came out, but they still persist with the lies... huh?

Old 11-22-2013, 03:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yep, it's an oldie! It was also debunked (as what they claim) when the story first came out, but they still persist with the lies... huh?
The article had a link to the original article..Sept 2012.

Schools beat the drum for equity
Verenice Gutierrez picks up on the subtle language of racism every day.

Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.
“When white people do it, it is not a problem, but if it’s for kids of color, then it’s a problem?” says Gutierrez, 40, an El Paso, Texas, native whose parents were Mexican immigrants. “Break it down for me. That’s your white privilege, and your whiteness.”

Old 11-22-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Liberals are actually against diversity. And that's another thread in and of itself. Shows that leftists are always looking for a stupid crisis to manufacture for political reasons. They always do and always will.

Guess I need to go make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Grape, anyone?
Lame. Not only is the headline misleading (downright LIE, in fact), but I also don't believe the conservative lies about liberals hating diversity... the only examples you can provide are dishonest at best, usually saying more about how conservatives feel about minorities. I would expand on that, but it would require offering more honesty than you & the mods here can handle.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The article had a link to the original article..Sept 2012.

Schools beat the drum for equity
Verenice Gutierrez picks up on the subtle language of racism every day.

Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.
“When white people do it, it is not a problem, but if it’s for kids of color, then it’s a problem?” says Gutierrez, 40, an El Paso, Texas, native whose parents were Mexican immigrants. “Break it down for me. That’s your white privilege, and your whiteness.”
Yeah, I read it the first time it was posted here - like a year ago. Still doesn't say anything about PB&J sandwiches being racist, but I know some people here have trouble distinguishing between inclusiveness and racism (even though they're actually antonyms). "OMG, they want to make sure children of cultures OTHER than Aryan/WASP can feel included? That's racist!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies