Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 03:49 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,236,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
The kid probably sucked and nobody had the courage to tell him this isn't his gift and pickup a tuba and head for the band room. Next thing well do is start handing out trophies to loosing T-Ball teams so they don't feel less than...

I've always said if liberals would focus on hard work and themselves verses constantly whining about being victims and what their neighbor has that they don't they would be much further ahead and liberalism would have vanished long ago.
speaking of victims you seem like one with this post. Liberals victimizing you all day huh?

Old 11-17-2013, 03:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,973,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
These are the same people who would be the first to demand punishment against those coaches/teachers if it happened to their precious babies. But on here, they say differently. They're called "internet tough guys".
I would not be surprised if that is true. I wonder what the OP would think of their son or daughter was the player that quit.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,050,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Golf is a sport for pampered wusses.
Golf is for old folks who have bad knees. Count me in.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:56 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,272,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The issue isn't that isn't a coaches job to have his team maintain discipline. The issue is how far is too far. If it is a case of slapping kids, threatening to beat the sh*t out of his players,, locking them in storage closets and using racial slurs are obviously too far. O don't think any form of psycho babble can defend abusive actions to improve character.
Not to mention that the above-described behavior doesn't create better football players. It just creates more sociopaths exactly like the coaches that "coach" that way.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I would not be surprised if that is true. I wonder what the OP would think of their son or daughter was the player that quit.
My kids don't quit. I won't allow it. If you choose to sign up and play you will play the season. That is how it is if you don't like it don't sign up. I don't force them to play any sport or sign up for an school activity but if they do they know the rules. You will not let your teamates down which is the whole point of not quitting. Liberals on the other hand want to hand out medals to kids who quit.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:19 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,931,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Huh? Where the hell did this come from?? Oh wait will you follow it up with some gun control lunacy?? I will await.............lol

I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. That does not mean that all gun owners ain't wusses.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,973,762 times
Quote:
My kids don't quit. I won't allow it. If you choose to sign up and play you will play the season. That is how it is if you don't like it don't sign up. I don't force them to play any sport or sign up for an school activity but if they do they know the rules. You will not let your teamates down which is the whole point of not quitting. Liberals on the other hand want to hand out medals to kids who quit.
But there is a difference between being a quitter who just thought they liked sport and signed up to be with friends and grin gues grows to hate it, it's another to be subjected to a bully coach who thinks you need toughening and puts the elder lineman on your case and your child is subject to physical threats and racial and sexual slurs. There's no "man up" that can explain a legitimate reason that these actions or even actual physical abuse is warranted for character building.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM

You act as though that happens all the time?? I see your lineman reference as to the Miami fiasco?? A kid getting yelled at by his coach or even a coach saying something along the lines of "If you don't get your head on straight I'll kick your ass" is not out of the ordinary in football. Hell I had coaches who got pissed and lined up across from me with no pads and said to bring it. Football is a different world.

I see your point but there were no racial or sexual slurs or anything like that in this case. A coach got in a kids face is what I see and I don't see anything wrong with it. Mommy does though.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:53 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,082,393 times
Quote:
The issue isn't that isn't a coaches job to have his team maintain discipline. The issue is how far is too far. If it is a case of slapping kids, threatening to beat the sh*t out of his players,, locking them in storage closets and using racial slurs are obviously too far. O don't think any form of psycho babble can defend abusive actions to improve character.
Stop making sense.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,082,393 times
Quote:
Waaaaaaaa mommy the coach yelled a me. Gimme a break. Grow a pair you pansy.

"Cornerback Jevon Tyree -- who has since quit the team -- and his parents, Mark and Clarice, have sought disciplinary action against Dave Cohen, according to a report on NJ.com. The incident, which the 19-year-old said occurred in front of approximiately 10 teammates and a tutor, led to his being excluded from team meetings and not having a shot at playing time, according to the redshirt freshman.
"I really think disciplinary action should happen, almost to the point where (Cohen) should get fired. I really do," Mark Tyree told NJ.com. "That's how bad it is, especially for the damage he's done to Jevon."
The parents said they met with both Cohen and head coach Kyle Flood. "(Cohen) tried to apologize," Mark Tyree said, "and I was like, 'Well, the apology really isn't accepted. We want Jevon to get an opportunity. He's been battling this abuse and it's been trickling down to your other coaches on defense.' "

Translation...............my kid is better than the kids you are starting so why aren't you playing him?? Waaaaaaa. Probably because he's a wussy.

Rutgers football player claims defensive coordinator Dave Cohen bullied him: report - NY Daily News
Professional standards. Deal with it. Yeah, football is tough, but there are rules of decorum and a culture of respect and sportsmanship within that tough guy framework. Calling a player a p*, b*, and threatening him is not appropriate behavior for a coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.