Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:04 AM

6,104 posts, read 6,031,305 times

Advertisements

Americans should be worried about the precedents we have set. I look forward to the day a drone swoops down over the CIA head quarters in McClean VA or Adelphi MD and zaps an American terrorist like the head or the CIA, or Head of the NSA. What flys around sometimes comes around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,532,251 times
This is a hoot considering in my previous post our Gov't was making fun of the quality of Soviet drones...at least they don't "lose" them! Gee where will this one turn up and doing what and be blamed on whom???

The Military Could Use Your Help Looking for a Drone It Lost in Lake Ontario

Old 11-13-2013, 10:37 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,698,505 times
These days you can go and buy your own drone.
MikroKopter: Le hexacopter radiocommandé de folie - YouTube

Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,592,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Americans should be worried about the precedents we have set. I look forward to the day a drone swoops down over the CIA head quarters in McClean VA or Adelphi MD and zaps an American terrorist like the head or the CIA, or Head of the NSA. What flys around sometimes comes around!
I agree with the principle that what flies around sometimes comes around. UAVs are relatively new technological development. Like the internet when it was first created, it was used by government entities exclusively. However, by the 1980s the internet gained more public use, and by the advent of the World Wide Web in 1993, the internet boomed due to the ease of access for the general public.

The same thing will be true for UAVs. Currently they are primarily used by government entities, and as technology improves and the price comes down, more and more civilians will find uses for UAVs.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,599,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
I hope it's you and yours who get wiped out. What goes around comes around.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:32 AM

68,428 posts, read 54,881,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
When did Reagan, or any Republican President, ever violate Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution? If that day ever happens, then we will see who the real hypocrites are.
I never said they did although Grenada comes to mind.

You alleged " mainstream media covers for Obama ", I merely aid you righties never had a problem when the MSM was covering for Reagan, which it certainly did. he wasn't called the 'Teflon President' for nothing, eh?

But your RW hypocrisy is duly noted.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:19 PM

News About UAVs

Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM

Since Clinton/Bush#2 BOTH helped give tech know how to Red China both their nuke ICBM's and drones are darn good and combine Russian weapons tech and these things are to be seriously concerned about:

China, Japan stepping up drone deployment | Washington Free Beacon

Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,592,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I never said they did although Grenada comes to mind.

You alleged " mainstream media covers for Obama ", I merely aid you righties never had a problem when the MSM was covering for Reagan, which it certainly did. he wasn't called the 'Teflon President' for nothing, eh?

But your RW hypocrisy is duly noted.
What alternate reality did you come from? The mainstream media never covered for Reagan. Just the opposite. They were critical of every action Reagan took. Reagan was called the "teflon president" because no matter how many scandals the mainstream manufactured against Reagan, none of them stuck. Even under the Iran/Contra scandal Reagan was completely exonerated by IC Walsh.

The Democrats, and their mainstream media lap-dogs, did their best to try to find something, anything, to impeach Reagan, and failed miserably. Your deliberate lies are duly noted, and fully expected.

Yet another fine example of completely dishonorable liberal freaks attempting to revise history. Thanks for the demonstration.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:14 PM

31,554 posts, read 22,518,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
"Aren't we the ones that set a precedent of bombing from drones with no concern ?"

No concern? Your so VERY wrong that it is pathetic! You have absolutely NO CLUE for the order it takes to give permission to release a weapon from a drone! Please refrain from a subject that you obviously have no clue about!
"Aren't we the ones that set a precedent of bombing from drones with no concern ?"
Actually the Germans did during WWII
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies