Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 12:47 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Things like this is the reason my kids went to private school. We should abolish the public education system and make it private only and give the tax money back to the people to spend on schools of their choice with NO GOVERNMENT intervention.

The public schools are starting to remind me of a communist re education camp of the 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 01:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why would they change their mind after people didn't started to complain?

I am so glad that I am not like you.
I was going to comment. That's some funny stuff.
Caps button must be broken, too.

Not much of an endorsement for public education

Old 10-08-2013, 02:36 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Very well stated.

Too many excuses for violent behavior! Years of government polices resulted in lower and lower standards so that we now have innocent people murdered by Martin type thugs. What would the result be if we all stood up for our neighbors when intruders are present? Our streets and homes would be safe.

I live in a condo. My neighbors and myself all stick together and watch each others backs. Aside from the meth lab that was shut down on our street the neighborhood is pretty safe. I'll tell ya, the meth head cooking meth in his basement still new better than to f*** with us! There is another idiot in the neighborhood causing problems, but he is on the other side of the neighborhood and doesn't cause us problems. Given that we all stick together on our side, it's in his best interest not to. He has caused a lot of grief with the neighbors around him, beat up one of them, and has an assault charge pending. He has had several run ins with the police, and has gotten off. There is more to the story, but his continued actions and choices that he makes could make him end up dead one day.

As for Trayvon it's tragic that he was killed. But let's be honest here. He wasn't exactly making the best choices in life. If in fact he was a thug as potrayed in some of the reports....well.... then he is an example of how that lifestyle will not have a good ending. It is a lifestyle in which one will either end up in prison, or dead.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:19 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the op's thread should be called speak ill of the dead.
Why? He is alive and you (and many others) are speaking ill of him for voicing his opinions.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:28 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
so because he was a a bad guy in your opinion he deserved to be gunned down by zimmie?

what your basically saying is your glad zimmerman put him down before he became a menace to society.

what your basically saying is that trayvon had it coming and deserved to die.
You do realize that your post is based on YOUR opinions, right?

You seem to suggest that any opinions that run contrary to yours just must be bad and racist.

You have already stated that "we all know" Zimmerman is guilty. By ignoring what the court decided you prove your bigotry and your comments above further stress the fact of your bigotry.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Mine's 177.

So you must be way, way down there.
On the Internet, everyone's a genius.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
On the Internet, everyone's a genius.
Oh god, are we posting our IQs and SAT scores now? It's like being in middle school again.

Next up, let's figure out who has the longest schlong.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agreed this is not something for the school to be involved in.

That said, I see no reason to make jokes about a dead teen-ager such as what I've seen on this thread.
Consider the sources.....................

Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I hope Zimmerman is not making a trip there...or was he going to ba key note speaker?

Last edited by jasper12; 10-08-2013 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
it was also the white parents who interfered with this. the homecoming court agreed on this travyon martin day until they started getting pressure from white parents.

similar to the white parents in alabama who refused to admit blacks students in the sororities at U of A and the white parents who fought against an integrated prom in georgia, which ended up being financed by morgran freeman.

if the kids want travyon martin day, let them have it.

you can learn about how profiling can be deadly, and they can also reference jonathan ferrell who was gunned down by a cop a few weeks ago for asking for help.
Trayvon Martin's death can not be compared to the other three examples you have given. For the record, if my child attended that school I would be leading the charge to get that homecoming theme changed - and Trayvon looks as much like my son as Obama's. You do not hold up a student who was suspended three times as an example of a noble person worthy of having a high school dance named after them unless they did something along the lines of dying to save a room full of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies