Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that the economy is improving?
I Do believe that the economy is improving 29 25.89%
I Don`t believe that the economy is improving 69 61.61%
I Do believe that the unemployment numbers are being cooked 48 42.86%
I Don`t believe that the unemployment numbers are being cooked 11 9.82%
I Do believe the economy will be help by Obamacare and his polices 11 9.82%
I Do believe the economy will be harmed by Obamacare and his polices 52 46.43%
Other 5 4.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:52 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,724,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Hey we only see what is in front of us.
That is only true of those who want to remain ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 07:57 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,751,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is only true of those who want to remain ignorant.
really? so seeing reality as reality is is ignorant, but blame actions of others more then 150 year is enlightened?

Old 10-06-2013, 04:40 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,373,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yeah sure, Bernanke has gone rogue on our poor president, and none of this had any input from 0bama. In fact, I'm sure you will link 0bama quotes for me, where he tells Bernanke quantitative easy is going to destroy this country.

So, you go find those 0bama quotes, and I'll wait.
Of course Obama is going to pick someone {Yellen} that will keep the party going, after all he has a legacy to protect and all he has is the stock market is doing great. Barnanke will get out and take no blame but Obama I am not sure if they can continue to QE until 2017?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:28 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,724,111 times
Quote:
really? so seeing reality as reality is is ignorant, but blame actions of others more then 150 year is enlightened?
You know when a person has essentially lost a debate when they use hyperbole like....150 years ago.....as if white society cleaned up their racist act 150 years prior. Even though slavery was the origin of black oppression in this nation.....it certainly was not THE END of black oppression when it ended. That having been said, there are people alive in America today who lived with people who had been enslaved in this country. I know.....because my father and his living sibling are some of them.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-06-2013 at 06:46 AM..

Old 10-06-2013, 06:46 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,470,692 times
Quote:
Do you believe that the economy is improving?
Yes.
Quote:
Do you believe that the unemployment numbers are being cooked?
Yes.
Quote:
Do you believe the economy will be help or harmed by Obamacare and his polices?
Harmed.

The economy is improving despite Obama's policies, not because of them. It's like FDR and the Great Depression. FDR actually made the depression worse. But since he was still in office when it eased up, he got credit for fixing it. The Depression could have lasted 5 years but instead it lasted 10, but since FDR was still there after 12 years, he took credit for the recovery. This is what Obama is doing. He's taking credit for things getting better, but they're actually getting better more slowly than they would have without his meddling.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,964,875 times
Yes.

(Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy are real by the way)

Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,453,407 times
Default Do you believe that the Economy is improving?

If you're comparing where we are now to 5 years ago, then the economy is in much better shape than it was then.

If you're using last year as your starting point, then not much progress has been made.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You know when a person has essentially lost a debate when they use hyperbole like....150 years ago.....as if white society cleaned up their racist act 150 years prior. Even though slavery was the origin of black oppression in this nation.....it certainly was not THE END of black oppression when it ended. That having been said, there are people alive in America today who lived with people who had been enslaved in this country. I know.....because my father and his living sibling are some of them.
is slavery did not end in 1865? I am shocked!

Every society is racist, bigoted ect, its not just whites and to single out one group is racist..

What of the Africans who sold their follow Africans into slavery? are they not to blame?

What of the civil rights act of 1964?

What is soo bad about America in the year 2013? quit whining and get over it, maybe if Black America got off the poverty plantation of the Democratic party things would get better...you cant blame us for everything wrong...we are not to blame..

Old 10-06-2013, 02:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,020,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
If it's improving, stop the printing and let O sell his treasury debt on the open market.

See what happens.

When the printing DOES finally stop, O will forever be known as the affirmative action president with an affirmative action economy.
That's a really unfair statement. The decline accelerated with the Bush administration. The economy is being propped up with the QE policy of the Federal Reserve. We would be in decline regardless of who occupies the White House. I would like to see higher interest rates too. I'm sick of hyper-inflated home prices, food prices, gasoline prices, etc

Old 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM

So does anyone believe is is still improving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies