Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 02:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,262,170 times

Advertisements

Im sorry did I commit blasphemy against the anointed one? Pardon my sins for I know not what I do.
Where I come from a leader takes charge, he finds a way to deliver solutions. He works with people even if he disagrees with them to find a compromise. Good leaders don't point fingers and make excuses. Good leaders don't make idle threats. Good leaders take responsibility for failures.
I have not seen Obama take any real responsibility for any failures. It is always someone else's fault.

Last edited by tinman01; 09-30-2013 at 03:26 PM..

Old 09-30-2013, 02:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,899,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Enjoy your Victory of the Shutdown and everything that goes along with it.
Obama says he won't "negotiate anything", Reid agrees and says they won't even talk to the GOP..
What are the Conservatives offering to give up as part of this phantom negotiation? All I see is their demands for what the Democrats need to give up. What does the GOP plan to concede as a counter to that? You can't have a real negotiation when only one side benefits from the outcome.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It won't. Never has, and this time is no different. If it does shut down, the Democrats will be to blame because they are so damn stubborn. It's their way or the highway.

Hey friend, you got that right! we all have Obama's number by this time. Wag that damn finger, raise the eybrow, look at the camera in disbelief, lie here, lie there, a little lie, turns into a big lie, and the cycle goes on.

It has always from day one, been Obamas way or the gosh damn highway, from day one, his speeches before he won election, was for the weak and fait at heart, and they bought, and we didn't, but we all suffer because of their stupditiy.

Reid, Pelosi, the rest of the damb chumps, just need to go.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,358,163 times
Oh geese, Obama is going to give a speech. Lets guess, demonize his opponents
Will these be Canada geese or American geese? I suppose he'll call his opponents "Oh, you silly goose!"

Old 09-30-2013, 03:02 PM

37,281 posts, read 19,299,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
If the government doesn't get funded by October, it will shut down.

Republicans in the House have passed a bill that will fund all of the government at last year's levels, even including all the Democrats' pet projects from last year that Republicans (or at least conservatives) normally object to.

Democrats in the Senate have refused to pass that bill, or even vote on it, because it doesn't fund one new Dem pet project that wasn't part of the government last year, the ACA. But they are doing nothing to write a separate bill to fund that new pet project.

The more fanatical Democrats are insisting it's Republicans' fault that government isn't getting funded.

Can they get any sillier?
The republicans know exactly what they need to do to get a funding bill passed, and instead they would rather throw a tantrum.

They can explain it to the folks back home in December of 2014. They'll have plenty of time then.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:03 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,178,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
And you're implying a government shutdown will have no effect either?

When is this right wing stupidity going to end?

Sheesh..
Probably the same time the left wing stupidity ends. That means probably never.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:04 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,810,200 times
Oh oo, he is going after the U.S. congress.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
here is how his speech will go.
My fellow Americans first let me say that the failure of congress to raise the debt limit is not my fault. In fact nothing is my fault. I got Bin Laden . I would have gotten Assad but that wasn't my fault. I would have raised taxes which would have paid for everything but congress said no so that wasn't my fault. I would have raided every retirement acct in the nation and divided the money equally among all americans, but congress wouldn't let me. So that isnt my fault.
I wanted to raise taxes on everyone except the majority of those who voted for me. But congress wouldnt let me so that isnt my fault.
As president I have a hard job. It isnt easy finding ways to blame everyone but myself. In fact it isnt my fault that I have ran out of excuses for why it isnt my fault.
I tried to use the IRS to weed out those who make it hard to say it isn't my fault. But the GOP made a stink about it. Now we are stuck with people who make me find excuses and that isnt my fault.
Your so right too, but have we all noticed by this time, nothing scandals, screwed up policies, debt, none of this is Obama's fault. Gets a little wasted, tired, wornout, and just laughable.

Nothing is ever is fault. And yes one party will get blame, and one will get priase, can u guess which is which!

I am sick of hearing his praises, when he deserves none, this economy, high unemployment, college grads, who just cannot find jobs, but still have high loans to pay off, welare for so many of our citizens, who at one time actually worked, but none of this is King Obamas fault. He is faultless my ass!
I will not fault one party, that is ignorant, but i wil fault both.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,810,200 times
Does our economy depend on welfare recipients?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:07 PM

11,903 posts, read 5,880,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Speaking of stubborn. The ACA is law. The GOP are acting like asses, again. Enough said.

It a law that Obama fiddled with after it was voted on so that 80% of the gold and platinum members that would have been funding ACA were given 3-5 yr exemptions. That's why the Republicans don't want to fund it. Where are we going to get the funds to pay for it for the next 3-5 yrs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies