Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:08 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,951,402 times

Advertisements

Obama tells Congress ACA is already funded, already moving forward..."You can't shut it down".

SNAP. You conservatives gonna let Him talk to you that way?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Im sorry did I commit blasphemy against the anointed one? Pardon my sins for I know not what I do.
Where I come from a leader takes charge, he finds a way to deliver solutions. He works with people even if he disagrees with them to find a compromise. Good leaders don't point fingers and make excuses. Good leaders don't make idol threats. Good leaders take responsibility for failures.
I have not seen Obama take any real responsibility for any failures. It is always someone else's fault.

Sorry to have to go off again. Again your so damn right. Who can argue the damn truth. Nothing is ever Obamas fault, it is always someone else, surpirse he has not yet blamed little green men.
Not this is not all Republicians, it is both democrats and republicians, let me be clear about this joke, his line, it is both the two partys not one.

I would actually have some respect for this President, if he accepted some responsibility and accountability for his own actions and screw up. BUT TIME AND TIME AGAIN! THE BLAME IS SHIFTED ELSEWHERE? Sorry but it does get mighty damn old
If he actually cared about all americans, we would not be experiencing the high unemployment for so many of our citizens, who because of this fact, lost homes too.

Let me make this clear Obama, your no SAINTHOOD!.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:10 PM

11,843 posts, read 5,823,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Lemme fix this for you so we all can read it:

That was petty as it was readable without your help.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Fighting the results of an election BAHHHAAA, Obama thinks being elected means he is a dictator. Just agree with him 99.9999999999999% of the time.

Obama calls it an extraordinary system of government. Obama lovers buy that?

Pay our bills on time -> conflating

Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,884,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The republicans know exactly what they need to do to get a funding bill passed, and instead they would rather throw a tantrum.
Boehner has vowed to not pass a clean CR. When asked as they came out of the latest House strategy session he said it wasn't even discussed as a possibility, and that "That's not going to happen." But it appears that some of the not-so-crazy Republicans are getting frustrated by their right-leaning colleagues.

"The lemmings will like it," Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) told reporters of the new CR plan, referring to conservative GOP lawmakers. "I would say the leadership has been backed into a corner by the lemmings."

When TPM reached out to his office, his spokesman requested to add to Nunes' quote: "But I'd be hesitant to refer to them as lemmings because that'd be an insult to lemmings."

House GOP Signals Shutdown With Yet Another Anti-Obamacare Vote

The article also hints that Conservatives might not have the votes to pass this latest salvo. A crack in the wall, perhaps?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,232,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Fighting the results of an election BAHHHAAA, Obama thinks being elected means he is a dictator.

No he doesn't. He thinks being elected makes him President of the United States.

Which, SPOILER ALERT, it does, buddy.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:15 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,951,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Fighting the results of an election BAHHHAAA, Obama thinks being elected means he is a dictator. Just agree with him 99.9999999999999% of the time.

Pay our bills on time -> conflating
I buy that ACA will move forward and the government will temporarily shut down.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
As predicted. They this and they that. Not my fault. They don't care about you, not like I do. remember, not my fault.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 PM

45,626 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Of course Obama is blaming the GOP.

So it's wrong to tie PPACA funding to the budget.

We have not had a real operating budget for 4 years. Why are we having a fit now? Just because PPACA is attached to it?

Ridiculous on all sides of the aisle. But this is where we are in this country both in government and among the citizenry.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:24 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,035 times
Default Republicans pass bill to fund govt, Dems refuse to even vote on it... and say shutdown is therefore Republicans' fault?

All but the most braindead will know that the government shutdown and the impending debt ceiling crisis are Republican made messes. Which is why I doubt the GOP will go through with either threat. Their Wall St masters are not going to allow it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies