Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 26,004,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I found out that Obamacare (silver plan) will double what I already pay. What a bargain, only 11% of my gross salary. I guess the healthcare companies have gotten their way, and perhaps the CEO of UHC will give himself another 1 billion dollar bonus. Obama, America thanks you for your guidance - to the poorhouse.
Then stick with what you already have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 05:43 PM

7,606 posts, read 5,855,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, Hope and Change for me means that I can no loner be discriminated against for health insurance because I have preexisting conditions. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it
We could have found an answer to the problem of the .005% like yourself without having to send your neighbors into the financial ****ter don't you think? Nah, you guys don't think that way.. Only about yourselves..

Old 09-27-2013, 05:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,732,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
We are attempting to stop the train because we know the bridge is out and millions of people riding the train are in great danger....
If the program were really so bad, the GOP would have kept their mouths shut and let Obama and the Democrats fall flat on their keisters with the ACA. Then it would be a rousing victory for them. Just to hear the gnashing and wailing from republicans tells you that the program will be a success for the nation and the people. Republicans know that and are very afraid.
Republicans claim they are saving the nation by trying to repeal Obamacare. What a joke. When have the republicans done anything for the nation or the current administration in the last 6 years? Now suddenly they've all turned into Mother Teresa, spilling over with compassion and help for the American people trying to save them all from the evil Obamacare. Give me a freakin break.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 PM

26,143 posts, read 20,045,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
You need to find a better source for your information, NOTHING will be "public".
Patient Privacy Goes Out the Window and Into the ObamaCare Data Hub

Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 PM

3,600 posts, read 6,811,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then stick with what you already have.
You can't stick with what you have unless you made zero changes to your plan before the law became final in 2010.

You would be grandfathered than.

But say you added a kid in 2011. Than you cannot keep your plan unless it meets the ACA standards. You know those great standards requiring women to still carry maternity insurance even though they have had a hysterectomy. Those are the great coverage the ACA requires. They want you to have a plan that has good coverage. You think forcing a woman who has no uterus to carry maternity benefits is necessary? It's simply a waste to that individual.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:32 PM

423 posts, read 416,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Those with pre-existing conditions are actually the ones who will benefit, along with those under the poverty level, although many of those were uninsured, and just used the emergency room for free medical.
"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs"

Excuse me while I go find a barf bag.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 PM

624 posts, read 946,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'll go along with a safety net for those who absolutely are incapable of running their own lives, but that is not what the statists have passed. They have passed an income redistribution scheme that rewards anyone who fails at life the expense of those who have worked hard to take care of themselves and their own families.
Remember that the post you originally responded to was from someone who was excluded by insurers for a pre-existing condition, not for "failing at life". A lot of people who have been rejected by health insurance companies have jobs, and work as hard as their medical problems will allow. So not only are people failures for being poor, but they're also failures for being sick? Wow. Nice attitude.

To "theunbrainwashed": I have my qualms with the Affordable Care Act, but I am very happy that people like you who have been discriminated against by health insurers...just because you actually need health insurance...will finally be able to get coverage.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:22 PM

624 posts, read 946,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
We could have found an answer to the problem of the .005% like yourself without having to send your neighbors into the financial ****ter don't you think?
Then why didn't "Obamacare" opponents do that instead of spending the entire health care debate window obstructing and naysaying? There is a lot about the Affordable Care Act that I don't like, but I didn't hear any other serious proposals. You can't blame theunbrainswashed for that. How about the Tea Party folks you bootstrappers voted into Congress, paralyzing the Republican party beyond all hope of getting anything "better" done?

"No" is not a plan. "No" is not a philosophy, or even an ideology (though some people apparently think so). "No" doesn't take the nation in another direction, for better or worse. "No" is just a dead stop, with much less thought for the future than any version of "Yes" in any direction, to the Left or to the Right.

Some people here love to suggest that others are lazy, weak and unworthy. What is lazier, weaker, and less worthy of America than an incessant chorus of "No" with no offer of a thoughtful alternative? That's the real reason why "Obamacare" passed. It was the only real proposal on the table. Conservatives only have themselves to blame for that.

Last edited by Slithytoves; 09-27-2013 at 10:31 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,895,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
Then why didn't "Obamacare" opponents do that instead of spending the entire health care debate window obstructing and naysaying? There is a lot about the Affordable Care Act that I don't like, but I didn't hear any other serious proposals. You can't blame theunbrainswashed for that. How about the Tea Party folks you bootstrappers voted into Congress, paralyzing the Republican party beyond all hope of getting anything "better" done?

"No" is not a plan. "No" is not a philosophy, or even an ideology (though some people apparently think so). "No" doesn't take the nation in another direction, for better or worse. "No" is just a dead stop, with much less thought for the future than any version of "Yes" in any direction, to the Left or to the Right.

Some people here love to suggest that others are lazy, weak and unworthy. What is lazier, weaker, and less worthy of America than an incessant chorus of "No" with no offer of a thoughtful alternative? That's the real reason why "Obamacare" passed. It was the only real proposal on the table.
Change for changes sake is how we end up with so much crap from Washington. This feeling that "something" must be done, even if it does not solve the problem, is bellowed from liberals.

I don't have to necessarily come up with a solution to a problem to tell you your solution sucks.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:33 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,734,798 times
Republicans have a plan for health care its called a tax deduction. But since the poorest people don't pay taxes they don't get anything. If you are in the 25% bracket with a family of four you can write off $5,000 towards health insurance. So the upper middle class gets a break and everyone else gets nothing. Can a Republican please explain that, especially if you are covered by a government plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies