Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:24 PM

12,638 posts, read 9,010,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, Hope and Change for me means that I can no loner be discriminated against for health insurance because I have preexisting conditions. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it
It's not the government's job or my job to pay for your health care. Do it yourself and if you can't ask your family, friends and church. Or don't you have any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,848,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It's not the government's job or my job to pay for your health care. Do it yourself and if you can't ask your family, friends and church. Or don't you have any?
And with that attitude you get to pay around double. As compared to healthcare costs in other countries.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:33 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,787,529 times
I feel the same way but this is a fellow citizens health we are talking about. If we can step in and rebuild million dollar homes for the wealthy who build in hurricnae zones then we ought to be able to care for our sick. Pre existing conditions and those who cannot afford or get insurance should fall into a safety net so they can access care.

The garbage legislation that was passed without being read, understood, and withstood massive critical analysis and mock trial runs to see if it works is not the answer . this was a political power grab and the poster in his desperation will cling to anything that looks like it might provode access to the care he needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,787,529 times
Or a fine

oh wait

tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
And with that attitude you get to pay around double. As compared to healthcare costs in other countries.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,324,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Allow me to make a correction - I currently buy my own private insurance:

$8797 / 12 = 733, I'm currently paying $524, so not a double, it's 28% increase for a comparable plan.

What has been the average yearly increase in your premium over the last say ten years ???

Oh and since you already have Health Insurance "Obamacare" doesn't apply to you anyway.

You really need to stop listening to the pill addict and the drunk.

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 09-26-2013 at 11:01 PM..

Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,627,041 times
This is so confusing.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,147,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
AS compared to heath care costs in other countries ? ROLMAO That's funny .....

Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,959,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, Hope and Change for me means that I can no loner be discriminated against for health insurance because I have preexisting conditions. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it
I really enjoy paying for your insurance, even more so knowing you are a hand out for freebes democrat.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,964,580 times
The Affordable Care Act health insurance exchange is an option for about
5% of the total population in the USA.
SInce our population is about 300 million people, we are talking about
3 million people.
You all realize this right?
If you have heath insurance through your employer, this does not affect you.
If you are self employed, and LOW INCOME unable to pay health insurance
premiums, THIS IS FOR YOU.
If your employer does not provide health care benefits, and you can't AFFORD
a private insurance policy, THIS IS FOR YOU.
Three million people, who work, who don't make 80K a year, you don't want to
loose everything they worked sooo hard for, NEED THIS.
SO, why is everybody all upset about this?
I don't understand.
If you have an accident, and you are taken to the hospital, and you are
uninsured, WE ALL PAY for that medical treatment now.
The patient is still saved from the car accident, life saving treatment will be
administered, the patient will loose everything, but in the meantime, the
hospital and doctors will get paid, they need money to keep the hospital open
anyway, so I think its' a good idea that everyone has health insurance in any case.
The only thing I feel really bad about is the very poor that certain states have
turned down the increased Medicaid money for. The really very poor people will
still not have any health care coverage, so sad, because they won't even make enough
money to qualify for the Affordable Care Act insurance exchange, that is cruel, but
South Carolina turned it down. Oh well, they just don't care about their children that's all.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM

12,638 posts, read 9,010,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
I feel the same way but this is a fellow citizens health we are talking about. If we can step in and rebuild million dollar homes for the wealthy who build in hurricnae zones then we ought to be able to care for our sick. Pre existing conditions and those who cannot afford or get insurance should fall into a safety net so they can access care.

The garbage legislation that was passed without being read, understood, and withstood massive critical analysis and mock trial runs to see if it works is not the answer . this was a political power grab and the poster in his desperation will cling to anything that looks like it might provode access to the care he needs
No. I worked hard to get where I'm at in life. The fruits of my labor should be mine, period. I am more than happy to contribute to charitable causes of my own volition, and I do. That said, the notion that I am somehow responsible for anyone else's health care is absolutely wrong.

I'll go along with a safety net for those who absolutely are incapable of running their own lives, but that is not what the statists have passed. They have passed an income redistribution scheme that rewards anyone who fails at life the expense of those who have worked hard to take care of themselves and their own families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies