Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:09 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,720,258 times

Advertisements

In the recent Arizona petition to deny expanded Medicaid coverage the Arizona Tea Party re-branded themselves as the United Republicans Alliance of Principled Conservatives. They still dressed up in the usual Tea Party garb - senior citizens dressed as clowns holding petitions. Now we have the Tea Party congress and yet a substantial number of the the Tea Partiers who put them in the House are dead. In other words we have a zombie House of Representatives. Remember the old geezers in 2008 at the Palin rallies?? How many are still alive today? Yet because of gerrymandering in 2010 they live on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 10:25 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
In the recent Arizona petition to deny expanded Medicaid coverage the Arizona Tea Party re-branded themselves as the United Republicans Alliance of Principled Conservatives. They still dressed up in the usual Tea Party garb - senior citizens dressed as clowns holding petitions. Now we have the Tea Party congress and yet a substantial number of the the Tea Partiers who put them in the House are dead. In other words we have a zombie House of Representatives. Remember the old geezers in 2008 at the Palin rallies?? How many are still alive today? Yet because of gerrymandering in 2010 they live on.
So you are telling me if gerrymandering favored a liberal you would be just as mad?

Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
I notice no one is stepping up and proudly proclaiming they belong to the Tea Party. Not a surprise, as only 8% nationally identify as such. Yet this little minority is allowed to hold the country hostage again and again and again, while the supposed "leaders" of the House--Boehner and Cantor--cower in fear and allow them to get their way over and over, to the great detriment of the country. They have ruined our credit rating once are threatening to do so again, and yet they claim to be "patriots."

The Tea Party rules by manufacturing one crisis after another, dragging the country to the brink and threatening to push us all over unless they--a small minority in government--get everything they demand. It's turned into minority rule in Congress.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:25 AM

45,598 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Tea Party rules by manufacturing one crisis after another, dragging the country to the brink and threatening to push us all over unless they--a small minority in government--get everything they demand. It's turned into minority rule in Congress.
Now that's funny. What exactly do they have the power to rule? What laws have they enacted?
Delusional stuff here...

I ain't involved in any tea party orgs - but I believe in the basic principles that they stand for.

So what?

Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Now that's funny. What exactly do they have the power to rule? What laws have they enacted?
Delusional stuff here...

I ain't involved in any tea party orgs - but I believe in the basic principles that they stand for.

So what?
Must agree.....I've been to a couple of events. I do like their stand for the Constitution and limited government.

8,030 posts, read 9,059,230 times
Awww, I'm sorry.

Does the fact that the Tea Party is far more grounded and based in reality than the idol-worshipping far-left hurt your feelings?

The "tolerant" far-left is anything but when it comes to those with a different political philosophy than themselves... this is obvious with all of the idiotic nicknames and such they come up with.

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Look at you lib/progs, still all defensive about the Tea Party, even making fun of the way they look.

And who are you kidding, they scared the krap out of you folks, to the point where the IRS had to step in and actively attempt to influence the outcome of a presidential election by hamstringing their fund-raising operations.

But you lefties are okay with that, right? Big government cracking down on the little guy, just for trying to speak out, right? You people disgust me.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:34 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So you are telling me if gerrymandering favored a liberal you would be just as mad?

Of course the OP will not answer that....

The leftist mantra...

Good for me but not for thee.....

Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,736,064 times
Yes I am Taxed Enough Already...................Don't like it? Tough crappers.... My rights to believe as I want are still protected by the constitution .......SO stop your usless waste of band width and climb out of mom's basement and do something useful......

Old 09-25-2013, 07:41 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,059,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And who are you kidding, they scared the krap out of you folks, to the point where the IRS had to step in and actively attempt to influence the outcome of a presidential election by hamstringing their fund-raising operations.
Yes, and that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies