Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:41 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Even here in the South, you can't readily identify yourself as one without earning the inevitable eye-roll. You might as well put a bumper sticker on your car that says "Hey, look at me, I am a moron." That's how negatively people seem to perceive the tea party.

There was a tea party rally here a few months ago - I was at a playground adjacent to the rally and saw, at best, 30 people.
Tea partiers should wear those "I'm with stupid" t - shirts at their rallies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 AM

46,324 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
I thought that was the mantra of the Ayn Rand wing of the Republican party?
Unable to answer, that is understandable....

Old 09-26-2013, 06:47 AM

46,324 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Only if you were there.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,952,575 times
Quote:
Kind of unfair to use another groups (OWS) shirt, don't you think......

Old 09-26-2013, 07:01 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,976,754 times
I don't think people who are TP members faint away form saying they are. I think the OP is just trolling.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:14 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,220,986 times
Quote:
They are arrogant, and believe that there is no such thing as debilitating debt. Free stuff for everyone, because no American should have to suffer. I don't want anyone to have to suffer, but the reality is that our spending is unsustainable. So to be sure that no Americans suffer by providing all these things that we can't afford to provide, will drive America (and probably the world) into a depression from which we cannot recover. Then we will all be suffering, it could get really bad, and I imagine only the super wealthy will thrive.

I really really hope I'm wrong about the above. But if I'm right, God have mercy on us.
I share this view. I am not a tea partier but am a fiscal conservative who knows how to add and subtract. Most people can't imagine living within our means but there will come a time when we will be forced to do so since no one will want US Dollars. Many countries don't want it now which is why the FED is forced to continue QE. The country is addicted to 5 hour energy drinks and the body can only take so much before it gives out. No amount of wishing or hoping or giving benefits away is gong to change that. Seems to be a democratic tactic to get people addicted to free programs to garner votes -- and it's working. Legalized theft of future generations and we will be the first to pass on a country with a lower standard of living... we should be ashamed.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:20 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
Quote:
I feel the same way about those immoral people in Raleigh, N. C., who say they are there for Moral Monday. Who do they think they are fooling?

One of the things they are demonstrating about is voter I. D. They can drive 4 hours to get to Raleigh to demonstrate but they can't travel to the local DMV to get an I. D. I think a "stupid" sign would be appropriate in that case.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,072,706 times
Yeah, and it, the North Pole, or both, is getting warmer. Before long, it will be left coast-like, which ought to be pleasing to the old geezers who lead the democratic party, Pelosi, Reid, Clinton(s), Durbin, Wilson )neat costume on the CBC site), Schumer, Clyburn, Boxer. See how this silly troll game is played? Can the pwogs get any sillier, or childish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Ya know I think I have it figured out. You lefty demolition heads need to go discover your very own country and get the Hell out of this one. That's right get out and go forge your own country and the do what ever it is that pleases you. I hear the antarctica is very nice this time of year.

Last edited by earthlyfather; 09-26-2013 at 07:47 AM..

Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,575,150 times
The average person on the street doesn't know what the Bill of Rights is never mind the Tea Party. I would be surprised if 15% of the general population knows about it nor what it stands for.

Rallying, protesting, picketing are all American ways of freedom of speech. Once again, Liberals hate freedom of anything if it does not agree with their personal philosophies. They truly scare me.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I notice no one is stepping up and proudly proclaiming they belong to the Tea Party. Not a surprise, as only 8% nationally identify as such. Yet this little minority is allowed to hold the country hostage again and again and again, while the supposed "leaders" of the House--Boehner and Cantor--cower in fear and allow them to get their way over and over, to the great detriment of the country. They have ruined our credit rating once are threatening to do so again, and yet they claim to be "patriots."

The Tea Party rules by manufacturing one crisis after another, dragging the country to the brink and threatening to push us all over unless they--a small minority in government--get everything they demand. It's turned into minority rule in Congress.
Um, because it's not really a party. You DO realize that, right?

As for the rest of your lies, please point out anything that they've gotten because they've demanded it? And that credit rating lie? It was downgraded because we have out-of-control debt, and keep raising the debt ceiling. And why would that be? Because the Dems keep using scare tactics to keep borrowing, borrowing, borrowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies