Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,518,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
95% of firearms are owned by white America...
So there's no reason to be afraid...!!

[fight fear with fear]

Old 09-24-2013, 09:52 PM

24,464 posts, read 23,161,166 times
Home grown crazies, illegal crazies and imported crazies, we got 'em. Its unfair to punish a whole group based on the actions of a few, though.
Of course the left wingers will be the first to demand that we do.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Really amazing. The AA's will always defend their own, regardless of where in Africa, they will always show their solidarity. Get the white people anyway you can, if it's through terrorism, and a few blacks die along with them, so be it.
That's not true in my case although I'm perfectly fine if that's the impression you got from my comments.

I'm not defending "my own" seeing as how I'm not Somalian. But again, if you think that I am, that's cool too.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:37 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,864,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
i heard on teh radio that new Black Panther party is recruiting samolians in order to take down white America.
LOL, what radio programs do you listen to and do you think they will succeed in their "take down." LOL.

That is still statistically irrelevant. And my own words, that they were all men, still stand.

We should stop letting men into the country.

And I didn't hear of all of this exclusion about the Boston bombers or to take it back further, the VA Tech shooter who was the son of immigrants. Many people can be lured to a life of crime or terroristic acts due to ignorance and naivety. It really doesn't matter their background.

But if we are pushing exclusion, I do suggest excluding men and boys. They are more likely to do things like this. Let the ladies come and get educations and marry good old fashioned American men.

Honestly, the only issue I have with Somalis are that many hold staunchly to their cultural beliefs surrounding the education of girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Really amazing. The AA's will always defend their own, regardless of where in Africa, they will always show their solidarity. Get the white people anyway you can, if it's through terrorism, and a few blacks die along with them, so be it.
Really amazing that you think "AA's" feel that Somalis are our "own." I am a black American. I have no connection to Somalis. Like I stated earlier, I actually do have contact with the Somali community here in metro Atlanta and we have one of the largest concentrations in the country of Somalis. We haven't had any issues with them that are out of the ordinary either, but I still see them as foreigners and immigrants. I would be nice to them though and treat them with respect since I treat people how I would like to be treated. So it is not defense of them due to being from Africa. It is defense of them because they are people, many of whom endured horrible situations in their home countries, and many of them have issues adjusting to our way of life here in America. I can be sympathetic to their struggles just like I can be about the Irish and the reasons they immigrated, or the Hmong, and the Vietnamese whose country was environmentally damaged by us, the effects of which can still be seen to this day. I can be sympathetic and defend anyone from any nationality because I don't judge them based on where they are from or their religion. I look at people individually for their character and use that as the basis of my perception of them instead of lumping people together by skin hue.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:41 AM

31,245 posts, read 22,246,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, what radio programs do you listen to and do you think they will succeed in their "take down." LOL.

That is still statistically irrelevant. And my own words, that they were all men, still stand.

We should stop letting men into the country.

And I didn't hear of all of this exclusion about the Boston bombers or to take it back further, the VA Tech shooter who was the son of immigrants. Many people can be lured to a life of crime or terroristic acts due to ignorance and naivety. It really doesn't matter their background.

But if we are pushing exclusion, I do suggest excluding men and boys. They are more likely to do things like this. Let the ladies come and get educations and marry good old fashioned American men.

Honestly, the only issue I have with Somalis are that many hold staunchly to their cultural beliefs surrounding the education of girls.

Really amazing that you think "AA's" feel that Somalis are our "own." I am a black American. I have no connection to Somalis. Like I stated earlier, I actually do have contact with the Somali community here in metro Atlanta and we have one of the largest concentrations in the country of Somalis. We haven't had any issues with them that are out of the ordinary either, but I still see them as foreigners and immigrants. I would be nice to them though and treat them with respect since I treat people how I would like to be treated. So it is not defense of them due to being from Africa. It is defense of them because they are people, many of whom endured horrible situations in their home countries, and many of them have issues adjusting to our way of life here in America. I can be sympathetic to their struggles just like I can be about the Irish and the reasons they immigrated, or the Hmong, and the Vietnamese whose country was environmentally damaged by us, the effects of which can still be seen to this day. I can be sympathetic and defend anyone from any nationality because I don't judge them based on where they are from or their religion. I look at people individually for their character and use that as the basis of my perception of them instead of lumping people together by skin hue.
"the VA Tech shooter who was the son of immigrants."
The VA Tech shooter wasn't a Radical Muslim. Identifying Radical Muslims(Or other easily identified threatening groups) is the issue. Individual crazies would be next to impossible to identify

"But if we are pushing exclusion, I do suggest excluding men and boys. They are more likely to do things like this. Let the ladies come and get educations and marry good old fashioned American men. "
Good point. A friend of mine is married to a Somali woman. She came here wanting to be an American so much. She is a non-practicing Muslim, dresses like a American woman, she drinks and doesn't wear anything over her face or head. She seems to be proud of her Somali roots but isn't lost in some 16th century culture. Her perspective is what we should be looking for (Even demanding) in future Americans from all over the world. People who just take and worse should not be invited to participate in what we have to offer.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-25-2013 at 11:52 AM..

Old 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,864,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"the VA Tech shooter who was the son of immigrants."
The VA Tech shooter wasn't a Radical Muslim. Identifying Radical Muslims(Or other easily identified threatening groups) is the issue. Individual crazies would be next to impossible to identify

"But if we are pushing exclusion, I do suggest excluding men and boys. They are more likely to do things like this. Let the ladies come and get educations and marry good old fashioned American men. "
Good point. A friend of mine is married to a Somali woman. She came here wanting to be an American so much. She is a non-practicing Muslim, dresses like a American woman, she drinks and doesn't wear anything over her face or head. She seems to be proud of her Somali roots but isn't lost in some 16th century culture. Her perspective is what we should be looking for (Even demanding) in future Americans from all over the world. People who just take and worse should not be invited to participate in what we have to offer.
But how do you know if some regular Muslim is regular and peace loving and just wanting a good life versus those who may be "radicals."

They are just as impossible to identify as Christian radicals are. We have had Iranians and Iraqis and Afghanis and Russians (there are Muslim Russians) and various other Eastern Europeans (some of whom are Muslim) immigrate here for decades, along with Saudis prior to 9/11 and even Somalis. Iman is Somali I believe, the fashion model and cosmetics mogul. She came here in the 70s along with a lot of Muslims from all over the world. And not many of them attacked the US or other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies