Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Ummmm.....these people are refugees.

You do realize that our country has allowed millions of refugees into its borders over the years right??

Did you complain about the Bosnians in the 90s/early 00s? I doubt not. You probably didn't even complain about the Vietnamese in the 70s/80s.

The town I grew up in had a group of Vietnamese and Laosian refugees in the mid 80s. We welcomed them and had empathy for them due to the trauma that they went through.

It would be nice if you could also be more sympathetic and empathetic to these people. They are here legally and the majority are seeking out a better life for themselves and their families.

There have been good old fashioned white "home grown" terrorist as well.
Doesn't matter....waste of your time trying to explain it.

Somalians have been decent, hard working immigrants with a vibrant community. But they're Muslims with a few fanatics in their ranks...so they're all bad.. SMH..

That's where we are at this point.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:04 AM

2,981 posts, read 3,543,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It boggles the mind that we let Somali and other potential Muslim terrorists come here by the thousands while we argue about the best way to kick out Latin American Christians who are more like us than not like us and are no terror threat whatsoever.
I don't want illegals from Latin America or Somalis coming here who can't prove that they can support themselves.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Doesn't matter....waste of your time trying to explain it.

Somalians have been decent, hard working immigrants with a vibrant community. But they're Muslims with a few fanatics in their ranks...so they're all bad.. SMH..

That's where we are at this point.
No one said they are all bad. But when we have American Somalis going over to Kenya to murder children in the name of Allah, we have to seriously reconsider welcoming them into this country.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:20 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,838,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Prove that Somalians hate our way of life.
It is not that they hate "our way of life" That has nothing to do with it....What is there to hate?...we have food - shelter - fairly good law enforcement and security. A Somalian can have a pretty good life here and most of them know that...You don't understand...hate is something that without reason is passed down from one generation to the next...the hate objects are optional.

I have seen families where the mother and the father walk through life with a snarl on their face - hating who ever is available- They pass this behavior down to their sons...and in turn I have seen a father intentionally attempt to instill hatred in the his son....Hate is like envy- an absolutely useless emotion.

The fact that there are sections of the Koran that insist on hatred...combine this religious justification with family tradition of habitual hate...and you have a problem. You have what is called a BARBARIAN...and barbarians do not blend into civilized culture.

The stupid political mantra of "They hate our freedom" is stupid...it means nothing. The liberal mindset is naive. They do not understand that you can not change a culture in one fail swoop within one generation...In the mean time we will see more "home grown" lunatics latch on to half baked hateful ideology and learn that hate is their duty and purpose.

The reason our culture prospered and became relatively stable and safe is because whether the liberals like it or not...LOVE was the basis of our Christian doctrine that created this great empire...it might be fading but the essence of what made America came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ.

I once mentioned to a Muslim...if Mohamed had great respect for Christ...and he is mentioned in the Koran...perhaps if you can not go along with the teachings of Christ to some degree you should rip those pages out of the Koran....He said "Never" - Yet Christ is ignored....Mohamed did not ignore Jesus...why do most Muslims ignore the great prophet of love? Islam is like Christianity...twisted out of shape by time....HATE - or mindless human emotion is the downfall of all humanity.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It is not that they hate "our way of life" That has nothing to do with it....What is there to hate?...we have food - shelter - fairly good law enforcement and security. A Somalian can have a pretty good life here and most of them know that...You don't understand...hate is something that without reason is passed down from one generation to the next...the hate objects are optional.

I have seen families where the mother and the father walk through life with a snarl on their face - hating who ever is available- They pass this behavior down to their sons...and in turn I have seen a father intentionally attempt to instill hatred in the his son....Hate is like envy- an absolutely useless emotion.

The fact that there are sections of the Koran that insist on hatred...combine this religious justification with family tradition of habitual hate...and you have a problem. You have what is called a BARBARIAN...and barbarians do not blend into civilized culture.

The stupid political mantra of "They hate our freedom" is stupid...it means nothing. The liberal mindset is naive. They do not understand that you can not change a culture in one fail swoop within one generation...In the mean time we will see more "home grown" lunatics latch on to half baked hateful ideology and learn that hate is their duty and purpose.

The reason our culture prospered and became relatively stable and safe is because whether the liberals like it or not...LOVE was the basis of our Christian doctrine that created this great empire...it might be fading but the essence of what made America came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ.

I once mentioned to a Muslim...if Mohamed had great respect for Christ...and he is mentioned in the Koran...perhaps if you can not go along with the teachings of Christ to some degree you should rip those pages out of the Koran....He said "Never" - Yet Christ is ignored....Mohamed did not ignore Jesus...why do most Muslims ignore the great prophet of love? Islam is like Christianity...twisted out of shape by time....HATE - or mindless human emotion is the downfall of all humanity.
Love was the basis of our Christian Doctrine? Really?

So then, how do you explain slavery and the subsequent 100 years of Jim Crow?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,838,825 times
Quote:
The refugees themselves are rarely the problem. It is their children, to whom so much opportunity has been given, that end up murdering those who sheltered their parents.
A host is a person who invites you in- feeds you...shelters you...shows you mercy and grace...The children of these people that America granted grace to - are much like some of our own- Ungrateful spoiled little bastards...who are looking for a damned thrill and an adventure that is destructive. It is much like racism....when these young ones are radicalized they are taught- THEY are superior...all others are trash...GOD has made them the chosen holy ones...we are infidels and godless animals....oddly they are very similar to radical Zionists....But whether it be a racist Jew or Muslim...it might have all spawned from the same historic place.....The Jews and Arabs are distant brothers.....It might have a lot to do with breeding and inbreeding...............You have to be slightly stupid to believe that GOD wants you to murder people....

Looking at Youtube videos of Muslims fighting...I notice they are not that bright - evil and stupidity are the same entity.... What are we going to do...whether it be India - or Israel...when a culture intermarries for to long and breeding is restricted to class and cast- you are going to generate stupid people who will embrace radicalism with out thinking - because they can not think...

You can't legislate against stupid! These young people who involved themselves are STUPID...that is a cold gloomy fact of life.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
No one said they are all bad. But when we have American Somalis going over to Kenya to murder children in the name of Allah, we have to seriously reconsider welcoming them into this country.
How many examples of Somalian American kids do you know of that went around the world exporting terrorism?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:33 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,847,370 times
Quote:
Then why are you lumping all of them together. American citizens kill Americans here in America every day! Many have done it in the name of god over the course of our society.

And FWIW, I espouse no religion. I see all of them as the same.

Quote:
Laotions and Vietnamese are not Muslims. They do not belong to a religion that believes that murdering children gets them into heaven.
Neither do Muslims. Just because a small section of Muslims commit atrocious crimes does not mean their religion believes "murdering children gets them into heaven." I do not want to be combative, but that is really ridiculous if you believe that Islam states that in its holy book.

I studied practically every major religion trying to find one that was right for me, including Islam and it really isn't all that different from Christianity, especially since the Bible includes the Old Testament where many atrocities, including the murder of children (God wanted Abraham to kill his child as a test!!) was condoned or "commanded."

Quote:
HATE might just be a family or tribal tradition among some...I see hate as an excepted emotion in some families...in others it is considered lowly...and for the low class fools who embrace this useless emotion. For some it is normal.

Over time I have seen a lot of faces...and I read a face well..whether it be on the street or in a government office or other institutions...I have seen and felt intense hatred from so-called Muslims...and with some I have made friends...Those that Hate are more common that the liberal mind can grasp....The bleeding heart liberal assumes that every human being if given the chance is like them...that the Somali immigrant or other out of Muslim nation will love and be benevolent like they are or think they are.

The problem is if HATE is a tradition and it has been ingrained for a few generations...all the hugs and kind words and social programs in the world will not cure this familiar sickness.

Liberals do not understand that some people are so far gone they are beyond salvation...Myself begin conservative with a natural liberal bent...understands one thing...You do not and can not invite someone into your home nation that HATES your damned guts...Someone who will eventually harm you.....Those who HATE are few...but as we see it only takes a few to harm many...

It's to bad there wasn't an invention called a hate meter that could be used on those we host or invite to live in our nation.....Immigration policy is such that there is no "personal" screening of applicants...nor are there wise and trained officials who can spot someone who will NEVER be part of our national family- who will hate us to death.....If there is such a thing as a HATE crime then it should be law that those exhibiting hate be tossed out or never let in to begin with...
In Britain for instance radical immigrant youth will stand in the public square and openly proclaim how they are going to destroy their infidel hosts....What the hell is wrong with governments- when someone openly threatens it is not "free speech" it is a criminal threat...

It might be time to start filtering out those that are sick with hate...After all it used to be that those with disease were blocked from entry- Hate is a disease.
You sound really nutty here. You say some don't hate you but you "feel hate" from others. Just because you feel something doesn't mean it's true.

And I am not a liberal. I just do not cast opinions and judgments on whole swaths of people based on the actions of a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Most of us taxpaying Americans don't want them coming here. Many of them end up on the government dole.
Now at least this person has a legitimate gripe! Many Americans don't want them because they do have higher usages of public assistance. Glad you are fiscal focused instead of religiously, ethnically, or culturally prejudiced.

Quote:

What sections of the Qu'Ran focus on hate? Or command people to do harm to others to get into heaven (especially children)?

Also, you are using one personal encounter with a Muslim to paint all Muslims with a broad stroke. FYI, in Islam, Jesus is a prophet, similar to Mohammed, who was also a prophet. He was not "ignored."

Also FYI to all those who posted - Iranians and Iraqis and other Muslims have been refugees here as well. I have never heard of any of them committing acts of terrorism in other countries or here at home. I am from NW Ohio and in SE Michigan, right across the border, there is a large community of Muslims. I worked with a lot of them when I was a teen and early 20 something year old on college break. They are just regular people like anyone else. It is too bad that so many of you want to demonize people based on your ignorance.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:35 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,160,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Tell me...just why did we need to import tens of thousands of Somalies in the first place? Are there any special skills or job quailifications that they are bringing into this country that we absolutely need here?

If not...just why are they here? The residents of Somalia turned the country into a hellhole of violence, crime and corruption. Why do we need to import that culture into this country? We have enough of that already.
Cab drivers?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:38 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,160,756 times
Quote:
It boggles the mind that we let Somali and other potential Muslim terrorists come here by the thousands while we argue about the best way to kick out Latin American Christians who are more like us than not like us and are no terror threat whatsoever.
I'm opposed to all illegal immigrants, but you're right, I rather have christian hispanics than whack job muslim jihadist(like the boston bombers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies