Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No one was comparing their "crimes" just using them as an example of how extremists can pervert a religion, but it doesn't mean the religion itself is flawed. You really think anyone here was implying that protesting was the same as beheading?
If they thought there's no real comparison, no need to bring it up then, is there? Yet they do... every time.

An extremist of anything can pervert it. Not just religion. That's a given. I don't think that was the point though.

Maybe, just maybe, some religions/worldviews may be more "flawed" than others. However, this is un-PC to say or think. Can't have that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
This is the religion of peace liberals talk about
Not all Muslims are beheading Catholic Bishops, but all the people beheading bishops are Muslims.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Religion is irrational so it follows that it's followers are irratiuonal.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:57 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Extremists of any type tend to be hyprocrites, whether left or right. Why give them this much power? They aren't in the majority and have minimal influence.
I wish it were that simple. Just wait till Christmas rolls around again, and this small number of squacking chickens pulls out the "I'm so offended by (insert choice of Christian tradition here). May not be a lot of them, but they are loud, ugly, and won't go away.

At the same time, these same people, are dead silent, on Hannukah, Ramadan, the Festival of Blessed Saturnalia, etc. Any of these faiths could be straight up in our grills, and we won't hear a peep. I'm not giving these cretins any power, our courts are!

Old 06-29-2013, 08:16 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I wish it were that simple. Just wait till Christmas rolls around again, and this small number of squacking chickens pulls out the "I'm so offended by (insert choice of Christian tradition here). May not be a lot of them, but they are loud, ugly, and won't go away.

At the same time, these same people, are dead silent, on Hannukah, Ramadan, the Festival of Blessed Saturnalia, etc. Any of these faiths could be straight up in our grills, and we won't hear a peep. I'm not giving these cretins any power, our courts are!
I don't see this happening where I live. I might hear it on the news happening in some town somewhere, but again, why should I give a few people so much power to get under my skin?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:15 PM

232 posts, read 343,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why did Christianity allow lynchings and witch-burnings?
That was thousand years ago. Same with Jews killing those who broke biblical law and the 10 commandment. Remember when Jews killed women who left their husbands, and adultery?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:15 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
God is Great!
We need more religion in our lives!
Without God you have no soul. Are you willing to accept that you are just an instinct driven animal that will come to an end when you die?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Although I do believe Christianity should be about love and forgiveness, I certainly don't see that in action. There are a million threads here from supposed Christians that certainly seem contradictory to love and forgiveness, especially toward non-Christians, non-conservatives. I see a lot of hatred, in fact.
This forum isn't life. You need to get away from your computer and experience life occasionally.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You are, huh?
How about some links to that.
Don't worry about it. You don't believe in anything.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM

232 posts, read 343,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Do yourself a favor, stop posting about Islam until you actually learn something about the religion.
You're embarrassing yourself.

I am a Muslim. Are you telling me that I don't understand my own religion?
The religion that I converted to a little more than 10 years ago?
Tell me: How is it that you understand more about my religion than I do?
How about you read the Quran by yourself without being brainwashed and getting help by so called "peaceful" Muslims who converted you? Read jihad as well and come back. Muhammad himself raped and murdered people, and you follow him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies