Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:19 AM

185 posts, read 194,628 times

Advertisements

2 children beheaded by militants, Afghan authorities say - CNN.com

Religion of peace striking again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 08:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,282,841 times
Horrible things have been done in the name of religion.
Do you want your religion to be judged by the whack-a-loons in it?

Old 06-10-2013, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,758,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It's still condoned by their religious leaders.
Islam is still centuries behind the other religions of the world.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,450,694 times
Quote:
i am perfectly comfortable with looking at the total number of whack a loons a religion has (as a percentage of the whole). and seeing what those whack a loons are actually doing.

take for instance christianity, of the 2 billion or so christians, there are the uber rare idiots who kill. I can think of 3 in the last 20 years. Then there is the Westburro Bapstist Church. total whack jobs but they dont kill people. i think there are 40 of them....

Then there is Islam. Every study I have seen suggests that at least 10% of the Billion Muslims are radicalized in their belief. Killings take place against Muslims every single day in the name of their god allah.

the contrast is stark. islam has a serious problem that adhearants need to get fixed.

In all cases of christians acting out insanely, the overwhelming majority of Christians denounce the act publically and quickly.

In Islam, even those who are not radicalized, tend to say nothing or explain it away.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:55 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,987,513 times
If you lived in a culture dominated by 10% violent "wackaloons" that could not be controlled by either religious or secular law would you have the courage to publically protest?

Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 AM

15,291 posts, read 7,803,854 times
Quote:
They are not loons. They're devout Muslims carrying out jihad against non-believers as their religion instructs.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,974,440 times
What a bunch of animals. They should use drones on children instead. You know like the modern terrorists use.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:58 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,971,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
Only two. it's been a slow year. I guess kid's been minding their P & Qs.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,083,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i am perfectly comfortable with looking at the total number of whack a loons a religion has (as a percentage of the whole). and seeing what those whack a loons are actually doing.

take for instance christianity, of the 2 billion or so christians, there are the uber rare idiots who kill. I can think of 3 in the last 20 years. Then there is the Westburro Bapstist Church. total whack jobs but they dont kill people. i think there are 40 of them....

Then there is Islam. Every study I have seen suggests that at least 10% of the Billion Muslims are radicalized in their belief. Killings take place against Muslims every single day in the name of their god allah.

the contrast is stark. islam has a serious problem that adhearants need to get fixed.

In all cases of christians acting out insanely, the overwhelming majority of Christians denounce the act publically and quickly.

In Islam, even those who are not radicalized, tend to say nothing or explain it away.
Westboro is seen as the fraud that it is by probably 99.99% of Christians. They are lawyers in a money-making scheme under the protection of religious freedom. Are there even 40 of them? But yes, they don't kill.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:02 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,920,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

I hate all religion. Religion makes good people do horrible things. When you look at Christianity, many more than 3 have died as a result of that religion in the past twenty years..........and I am only looking at children.

Children who have suffered because their parents chose prayer (Religion Hurts Humanity Episode 2) - YouTube

Four Children Beaten to Death During Exorcism

Child's Death Sheds Light on Biblical Disciplinary Teachings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies