Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:03 AM

45,323 posts, read 26,594,202 times

Advertisements

None of our business and americans are no more civilized than they are.
If you think otherwise:
Do explain the killing of women and children by bushobama drones or clintons sanctions that resulted in the starvation of so many Iranians...

Oh and where is that thread on C-D that a state was trying to reintroduce the guillotine to mete out death sentences?

Hypocrisy rules the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,964,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
On other threads. Liberals constantly defend Islam. Christians are the evil ones here.
Are you not able to dicern what has happend here? some idiots beheaded some pilgrams. It is a horrible occurance. But in no way is representative of the day to day dealings between Muslims and Christians all over the globe.

Are all 1 billion Muslims or followers of Islam beheading christians? No.

Not all christians are wacked-out like the Westboro chuch idiots...That is the point. Christians are not bad people, niether are all muslims.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Do a little math. How many Muslims are there in the world? How many christians were beheaded last year worldwide by Muslims??? 100? more if that?

If Muslims were really out to do Christians harm...Christians would be killed in the hundreds of thousands...Christians would be killed in every muslim counrty 24/7/365.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:14 AM

51,271 posts, read 36,934,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yes...there is a lot of left wing pandering to every religion, except American Christianity. The latter, rabid leftists wish to demonize as the root of all evil, in the US. This is due, mainly, to the issues oc abortion and homosexuality. Pretty tame stuff, in comparison to the issues Islamists get wound up over. A stance avainst "gay rights" is enough to get an American Christian labeled as American Taliban. Do these idiots actually know what the Taliban is?

There are, certainly, rabid , fundamental, Christians here. Fire breathing, Holy Roller, Bible thumpers, stuck in the Old Testament. However, their zeal stops short of beheading people of another faith, simply for that faith. Nor are they operating training camps to churn out martyrs.

Atheistic types, I have run into here, condemn Christian doctrine, just about universally, without ever mentioning any other religion. I have yet to see an atheist, on this site, yowl about Islamists "blind following of theif mythical Sky Daddy", or describe the Koran as an "ancient book of mythology". Have NEVER, seen them run down Wiccans, Buhdists, or Shintos with any such colorful terminology, as gets used toward Christians. Even Satanic devil chasers seem to get a pass, under the 1st amendment.

Seems to me, it is quite in vouge, amongst yowling leftists, to have a universal bigotry to Christians, whilst professing "tolerance" for all other faiths. Honestly, has anyone here, seen ANY vile, insulting, invective, used toward any faith, other than Christianity, on here? Ever seen postings by our resident left fielders, calling Buddha a witch doctor, or denouncing Pagans and Wiccans as childish believers in mythical magic? If so, please re post it.

No, leftist doctrine, here in the US, only attacks Christianity , in such ways. Christians, here in the US, are guilty as charged, universally, as homophobic idiots who want to crush a womans right to choose. (sigh) ...Muslim "honor killings ", Satanic ritual blood sacrifice, well, that's Oky Doky! ? Hell yea! Lmao, at least tbey don't believe in Christ, yea? THAT is some wacko stuff, that New Testament! It's amazing. Really.
You are aware there are a lot of liberals who are also Christian, right?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:28 AM

18,163 posts, read 15,690,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You are aware there are a lot of liberals who are also Christian, right?
Quite. Did I not, specify, leftist athiests, clearly enough? If not, I am fixing that now. So, with that in mind, my original point stands. I have seen, not one, of the former mentioned types, bash any other religion but Christianity.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:39 AM

51,271 posts, read 36,934,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Quite. Did I not, specify, leftist athiests, clearly enough? If not, I am fixing that now. So, with that in mind, my original point stands. I have seen, not one, of the former mentioned types, bash any other religion but Christianity.

Extremists of any type tend to be hyprocrites, whether left or right. Why give them this much power? They aren't in the majority and have minimal influence.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,864,868 times
No wonder Obama and Hillary are backing the rebels. The rebels are killing Christians.

For once Carville got something right -- he pointed out that either the government is the worst group of people in the world and the rebels are the second worst group of people in the world or else the rebels are the worst group and their government is the second worst.

No way should we provide support of any kind to these people. Especially not by a government confiscating our money that is spying on us and wouldn't hesitate for a minute to do the same thing as the Syrian government if some group were trying to take it down.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,327,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No wonder Obama and Hillary are backing the rebels. The rebels are killing Christians.
I imagine that after you wrote that line you sat back, grabbed a big handful of popcorn and shoved it in your mouth and said to yourself "alright, I know what I'll be doing for the rest of my Saturday."

Keyboard Warriors make me LOL

Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Are you not able to dicern what has happend here? some idiots beheaded some pilgrams. It is a horrible occurance. But in no way is representative of the day to day dealings between Muslims and Christians all over the globe.

Are all 1 billion Muslims or followers of Islam beheading christians? No.

Not all christians are wacked-out like the Westboro chuch idiots...That is the point. Christians are not bad people, niether are all muslims.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Do a little math. How many Muslims are there in the world? How many christians were beheaded last year worldwide by Muslims??? 100? more if that?

If Muslims were really out to do Christians harm...Christians would be killed in the hundreds of thousands...Christians would be killed in every muslim counrty 24/7/365.

I am well aware of what happened here. Perhaps you should be aware of what is happening around the world concerning Islamic violence. A few minutes on Google will give you an idea,

Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,147,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Pickets soldiers funerals versus beheading religious leaders. Those are totally on equal footing.
Quite true...

Try this:

There was a time in the not too distant past when fine upstanding Christians found activities like above a cause for a community outing.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:07 PM

25,898 posts, read 16,617,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No, it's not. It's a perverted version of it. Christians used to behead and other awful things in the name of religion too, but it didn't mean Christianity is f'd up, it meant the people interpreting it at that place and time were.

There are probably people in other parts of the world showing videos of that extreme Christian group here that pickets solidier's funerals, and saying "Here's that religion of tolerance they love to talk about".
I'll explain the difference. Islam is based on violence and hatred. Their prophet was a prolific murderer himself, he bragged about beheading 700 Jews. Orthodox Islam teaches to convert or kill your neighbor.

The peaceful Muslim congregations are existing OUTSIDE the teachings of Orthodox Islam.

Christianity is based on love your neighbor, forgive your enemies. Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Violent Christians exist outside of Orthodox Christian teachings.

See the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies