Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 06:22 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,143,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's a neo-prog?
And who were the original progressives?

Funny how you name call.
Most of us are liberals, but nice try at denigrating a group of people.
Sadly, namecalling makes your entire argument look contrived and stupid.
You constantly repeat yourself, it's..........redundant. In the very last thread about Neo Progs, you asked me the same question and said that Neo Cons were just as bad. I agree. In all of the years that I've read your posts, I have never once seen you criticize anything from the left; never. I'm sorry, but someone that dogmatic in theirt ideology has little credibility with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Their, they, these. blah, blah, blah. mumbojumbo rwnj talking points.
haha, that's your defense?

You most likely had radically progressive teachers throughout college and now, for the first time, your beliefs are being challenged and you don't know how to respond. Question liberal authority; you'll be better for it.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,591,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yet you made no attempt whatsoever to address the thread topic. Wanna try again? Yes or no, do you believe that high crime ares are high crime due to poverty? It's a simple question.

How's this:

Increasing inequality + welfare state (e.g. TANF + Section 8)--> more (increasing #) low income men (considered "unmarriageable") + women can choose/afford to have children without marrying the baby daddy --> more "young single men" --> more crime.

Maybe the above offers a reason conservatives should care about increasing income inequality.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure he's talking about in comparison to the rest of the world. We're the only nation in the world where most of our "poor" have AC and cable tv and cell phones.

The "poor" mostly don't get to choose whether or not they have AC. Cable TV usually serves as cheap babysitter and entertainment package. Cell phones are for chatting constantly with their underclass friends and family to keep up on the latest gossip and to find the newest free handouts.

(I think I have just offended everybody. )

Old 06-08-2013, 07:20 PM

13,016 posts, read 19,009,070 times
Slums may well be breeding grounds of crime, but middle class suburbs are incubators of apathy and delirium.
-Cyril Connolly

Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How's this:

Increasing inequality + welfare state (e.g. TANF + Section 8)--> more (increasing #) low income men (considered "unmarriageable") + women can choose/afford to have children without marrying the baby daddy --> more "young single men" --> more crime.

Maybe the above offers a reason conservatives should care about increasing income inequality.
Answer me this honestly please: Why do you support a HUGE government industrial complex?

Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Extrapolation and critical thinking. You are very far left, the vast majority of your ilk claim that crime is due to poverty. Well then you are saying that poor people have no self control and MUST resort to crime; i.e barbaric savages without self control. If you believe this you are bigoted.
This is the problem I have with the right - black and white thinking and rigid ideologies.

Democrats say there is more crime in poor areas = "poor people are barbaric savages."

Democrats say there is more crime in poor areas = "poor people have no self control and MUST resort to crime."

No. That is . . quite a stretch. Try seeing the world in shades of gray and not just black and white.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,227,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
"progressives" liberals, and democrats all despise the poor.
I thought they hated the rich?

Old 06-08-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Answer me this honestly please: Why do you support a HUGE government industrial complex?

I'm not sure that I do.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,368,537 times
Quote:
You constantly repeat yourself, it's..........redundant. In the very last thread about Neo Progs, you asked me the same question and said that Neo Cons were just as bad. I agree. In all of the years that I've read your posts, I have never once seen you criticize anything from the left; never. I'm sorry, but someone that dogmatic in theirt ideology has little credibility with me.
Then you either haven't read my posts nor have you acknowledged that I don't post in such threads.

Could you please link to this alleged post of mine? The one where I mentioned anything about neo-cons?

You apparently haven't answered the question if I'm asking again.
Are you one of those dastardly neo-cons?

Apparently you don't know the difference between a progressive and a liberal.
It shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies