Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 03:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,251,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
haha, that's your defense?

You most likely had radically progressive teachers throughout college and now, for the first time, your beliefs are being challenged and you don't know how to respond. Question liberal authority; you'll be better for it.
Defense for what? I think you're the person running now that members see your motivation behind the thread. You hate liburuls, but, we already knew that. You're not alone, many people hate liburuls. Does it matter to us in everyday life, do you believe yours or anyone else's hatred for liburuls makes us lose sleep at night? Do you believe we fret about being hated? Do you neocon's butts still hurt from the 2012 election?

BTW, I responded a couple of times previous to this, you must not know how to read other people's opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then you either haven't read my posts nor have you acknowledged that I don't post in such threads.

Could you please link to this alleged post of mine? The one where I mentioned anything about neo-cons?

You apparently haven't answered the question if I'm asking again.
Are you one of those dastardly neo-cons?

Apparently you don't know the difference between a progressive and a liberal.
It shows.
Oh shush my hippie friend, mommy's lumping anyone with differing opinions together now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,097,851 times
What is a "neo-prog?"

Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,662,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Slums may well be breeding grounds of crime, but middle class suburbs are incubators of apathy and delirium.
-Cyril Connolly

Great quote !

Old 06-09-2013, 08:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,075,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
The constant refrain from the left is that high crime areas are that way because of rampant poverty. But if you flesh that idea out, they're basically saying that poor people are barbaric savages that have no self control. The thing is, back in the day poor people had respect and didn't resort to crime. To say that poor people are criminals because they're poor is very disrespectful and bigoted. Discuss.
Violent crime is far more prevalent in black poor neighborhoods than white poor neighborhoods.

Nobody can deny that.

Lefties will stick to the mantra of "poverty causes violent crime" though.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:48 PM

349 posts, read 261,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Violent crime is far more prevalent in black poor neighborhoods than white poor neighborhoods.

Nobody can deny that.

Lefties will stick to the mantra of "poverty causes violent crime" though.
Glad to know that sinse the op's post was fos and easily destroyed, surprisingly.., you have to chime in with a totally unrelated argument to try to prop up b.s

Sorry, please post where the op claimed there was no crime in "black poor neighborhoods" untill then you are just telling lies...

Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
The filth and degeneracy in certain areas is what causes poverty. Poverty in these areas is a symptom of the problems....not the other way around. I can go into most poor areas and they are dirty and filthy, wow, does being poor make you throw trash on the ground...does it make a bunch of "hanging out" sleezballs suddenly appear??????

Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,500,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The filth and degeneracy in certain areas is what causes poverty. Poverty in these areas is a symptom of the problems....not the other way around. I can go into most poor areas and they are dirty and filthy, wow, does being poor make you throw trash on the ground...does it make a bunch of "hanging out" sleezballs suddenly appear??????

What causes poverty among the working poor who don't live in "certain areas" with "filth and degeneracy"?

Old 06-09-2013, 05:44 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
[quote=freemkt;29945389]What causes poverty among the working poor who don't live in "certain areas" with "filth and degeneracy"?[/quote]

Various things can make people poor.

Probably the top cause is poor life/financial decisions. Like a person making 8 bucks an hour....and they decide to go out and buy a 25K dollar vehicle. Or the broke-a** woman who purposely decides to get knocked up. People who "have" to have material things....and they go into debt to have that the things they "need" right away. People who live in an apartment that takes up most of their salary, real dumb move that will keep you a broke-a** dimmeee for a long, long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies