Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Obama could discover a cure for cancer and you right wing nutjobs wouldn't give him credit for it, your bellyaching is old and tired.
News flash, I'm not right wing. I am a fiscal conservative, but a social liberal. I support gay marriage, I couldn't care less about abortion one way or the other, and I'm firmly in the corner of helping people out with social welfare programs (although these should be limited to a short-term solution, imo). Calling me right wing makes as much sense as calling G.W. Bush a liberal.

None of that changes the fact that Obama has done nothing but run up our national debt with failed and/or idiotic solutions to an economy that just needed to be left alone to fix itself. Nor does it change the fact that Obama's record on telling the truth is sketchy, at best. Someone used the term "know nothing administration" in reference to our current POTUS and his staff, and I must say that it is a fitting description. We're pretty much left with two possible scenarios at this point:

A) Obama knows nothing about what happened in Benghazi, what happened with the IRS, and/or what happened with the AP phone records... in which case the inmates are running the asylum and Obama is taking up valuable space in the White House for no reason.

or

B) Obama knows what happened in at least one, if not all of the above mentioned incidents, and is lying through his teeth to the American people.

Which scenario do you find more likely?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Obama could discover a cure for cancer and you right wing nutjobs wouldn't give him credit for it, your bellyaching is old and tired.
No, they would give him credit, but they would blame him for a drop in medical research jobs.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:21 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
I won't hold my breath.
We wished you would.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
8. Repealed "Don't ask, don't tell" - He did do that we have to give him credit he did use his great pen to overturn a law that never should have been in place. It is nice that the government likes to plan social trends thru the military as a nice political bone to those who think its a social experiment.
Obama actually went to court to oppose its removal. A judge ordered it disbanned..

Old 05-16-2013, 03:23 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
We wished you would.
Now THAT is a hateful comment.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. the implementation of the ACA will not be done by IRS

2. Fast and Furious started under Bush

3. 88.5% success rate of green energy programs and companies, You only hearing about the ones that failed does not mean they are the only one that existed.

4. Unemployment was 8.2% when President Obama took office. What exactly is your argument, where you against him stopping the free fall in unemployment rate ? Republican Logic seems to be that losing 700,000 a month is better than gaining 200,000 a month.

5. Not sure what your point is here other than giving a definition.

6.There were no weeks of spin. No claimed they died because plane crashed into the consulate, they always said they died the same exact way, that was never once changed.

7. No one's first amendment rights were violated, no law was broken in fact Republicans encouraged this or has everyone forgotten that ?

8. The argument you are using died on Jan 25, 2012 when the text of how to audit/engage in gathering further information was changed, and yes liberal groups applying for 501(c)4 status were also audited and unlike the republican groups, were actually rejected.

9 and 10. You being ticked off doesnt make what you are saying true.
Off the top of my head...

1- The IRS will be involved in the execution of the plan

2- Gun selling started under Bush- Obama removed the tracking of the guns

3- Show us some of the 88.5%. I saw it cost $11 million+ for every job created.

4- The recovery from 2008 hasn't happened - and the raw numbers are curious.

5- Talking points have been around longer than Obama.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
News flash, I'm not right wing. I am a fiscal conservative, but a social liberal. I support gay marriage, I couldn't care less about abortion one way or the other, and I'm firmly in the corner of helping people out with social welfare programs (although these should be limited to a short-term solution, imo). Calling me right wing makes as much sense as calling G.W. Bush a liberal.

None of that changes the fact that Obama has done nothing but run up our national debt with failed and/or idiotic solutions to an economy that just needed to be left alone to fix itself. Nor does it change the fact that Obama's record on telling the truth is sketchy, at best. Someone used the term "know nothing administration" in reference to our current POTUS and his staff, and I must say that it is a fitting description. We're pretty much left with two possible scenarios at this point:

A) Obama knows nothing about what happened in Benghazi, what happened with the IRS, and/or what happened with the AP phone records... in which case the inmates are running the asylum and Obama is taking up valuable space in the White House for no reason.

or

B) Obama knows what happened in at least one, if not all of the above mentioned incidents, and is lying through his teeth to the American people.

Which scenario do you find more likely?

Your terminology shows you are in fact conservative/right wing. You are fiscally responsible if anything. Fiscally conservative is a term republicans use when they try to attack the word liberal because the mind set of most people is that one term is bad the other is good.

Tell us which one of President Obama's policies has failed. So many people on this forum speak in generalizations and never specifics.

What do you mean he doesnt know what happened in Benghazi ? When did he say that. are you arguing that he didnt know what happened that day, because only the people on the ground did. Now he does.

that same thing can be said of everything you just claimed he didnt know.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
But according to the conservatives who are insisting that Obama is personally responsible for the IRS and AP scandals, everything that happens under his watch is under his direct control.

So Obama is responsible for killing OBL.
You beat me to it.
If it's something good, it's not his accomplishment.
If it's something bad, it's entirely his responsibility and he's guilty as sin.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Off the top of my head...

1- The IRS will be involved in the execution of the plan

2- Gun selling started under Bush- Obama removed the tracking of the guns

3- Show us some of the 88.5%. I saw it cost $11 million+ for every job created.

4- The recovery from 2008 hasn't happened - and the raw numbers are curious.

5- Talking points have been around longer than Obama.
1. the IRS is in charge of taxation at the end of the year, not the implementation as far as i know.

2. Not sure exactly what you mean right her, the comment i responded to claimed it started under Obama, i corrected him

3. I have posted the links from Factcheck.org 1000 times. click my profile, and search my post. "88.5" you will find it.

4. yes the recovery has happened. You can argue how robust the recovery has been, but not whether or not it has happened. Unemployment has fallen, GDP has grown.

5. agreed, but i think the point of the guy i responded to what that Obama was the one who did the talking points but in fact, it was the CIA. If this was about holding those accountable that lied, the CIA would be the ones in all these hearing and they arent.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:33 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your terminology shows you are in fact conservative/right wing. You are fiscally responsible if anything. Fiscally conservative is a term republicans use when they try to attack the word liberal because the mind set of most people is that one term is bad the other is good.

Tell us which one of President Obama's policies has failed. So many people on this forum speak in generalizations and never specifics.

What do you mean he doesnt know what happened in Benghazi ? When did he say that. are you arguing that he didnt know what happened that day, because only the people on the ground did. Now he does.

that same thing can be said of everything you just claimed he didnt know.
So now you're going to argue semantics? Get a grip. I find the average conservative to be just as blinded by the light as I do the average liberal. Both groups like to stand around and point fingers while screaming "Look what they're doing over there!!!" Meanwhile, those of us who are paying attention realize that the only difference between Republican and Democrat is the letter next to their name. The sheeple keep electing the same group of old guard politicians into office, then being surprised when nothing changes...

As for which of Obama's policies have failed? Let's start with Obamacare, which contrary to what we were told by Obama and his cronies is going to bankrupt the average American citizen. Even some of his cronies are jumping ship on that disaster.

How about the GM bailout, which was the biggest waste of taxpayer money in recent memory? Since when is it the government's job to bail out private companies?

*cough* Solyndra
*cough* shovel ready jobs

The list goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies