Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
In what way was the termination of Osama bin Laden harmful to the American people?
In what way was Obama involved? Wasn't that Bush's plan?

I understand he will get some credit - but come on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:05 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Let me know when you decide to intellligently debate.

Wait - you are a liberal.
Did you just call another forum member stupid?

That's hateful.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In what way was Obama involved? Wasn't that Bush's plan?

I understand he will get some credit - but come on...
All I can say is that if John McCain had been President when it happened, you people would already have had his face engraved on Mt. Rushmore.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Yep, that's the one. The one whose actual existence you can't bring yourself to acknowledge, because it was an unquestioned (except by tinfoil-hat types) victory for President Obama.
Actually, I don't care one way or the other if bin Laden is dead. His death does nothing to stop or slow al Qaeda. I was merely pointing out yet another instance where this administration failed to bring forward any evidence to back up their claims.

As for skepticism about the entire incident, the "tin-foil hat crowd," as you put it, are not the only ones that question the events. Members of Seal Team 6 even came forward and cast doubt on exactly what happened in the raid.

Of course, we'll never be able to ask the members of Seal Team 6 exactly what happened, due to the fact that 22 of the 30 members (apparently including all of those that were involved in the raid) were killed when their Chinook got shot down over Afghanistan. Never mind that the press release of this information was done before family notifications could possibly have been made, never mind that the Chinook was apparently flying into a hostile area without support (anyone who has spent more than a minute around the military knows that this isn't SOP), never mind that everyone who was involved in shooting down the Chinook was killed in a retaliatory strike.

Yeah, let's ignore any speculation that the official story isn't quite square, and just go merrily along with what our dear leader tells us. After all, he has a history of telling the truth, right?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Did you just call all liberals stupid?
No - I asked when the person to who I was responding was going to debate intelligently, noted that they are a liberal, and informed them that I won't hold my breath.

It was an observation that generally liberals do not debate intelligently, as evidenced by the behavior of them on this forum.

See the following thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...als-argue.html

Old 05-16-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:

That's hateful.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...word-hate.html

Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
No - I asked when the person to who I was responding was going to debate intelligently, noted that they are a liberal, and informed them that I won't hold my breath.
Do you think that gratuitously insulting entire groups of people who happen to disagree with you politically constitutes an "intelligent argument"?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
All I can say is that if John McCain had been President when it happened, you people would already have had his face engraved on Mt. Rushmore.
From a reality standpoint - Bush started this. If OBL would have been extinguished under Bush's watch - that would be a big deal. Anyone else is just following what was already in place.

You can make "what if" statements all day. The fact is Obama and McCain (current status as a Sen.) had just about the same amount of influence on killing OBL.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
How come you say you hate no one, then turn around and accuse certain people, and indeed entire groups, of being stupid?

If someone called you stupid, wouldn't you think that was hateful?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Do you think that gratuitously insulting entire groups of people who happen to disagree with you politically constitutes an "intelligent argument"?
I'm only emulating liberals.

Thank you for the confirmation of what I implied.

Besides, I invited MTA to debate intelligently - and I have not withdrawn the invitation.

Harrier is ready.

Harrier was born ready - to engage the enemy(liberals) whenever and wherever they may be,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies