Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 04:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,809,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yup, just like that idiot Pelosi is blaming all this on the Supreme Court. This administration is suddenly in big trouble and they will do anything to deflect and try to turn this into something else, and all his sycophants posting here will try to turn this into something else.

Fast and Furious was a little hard for people to get their arms around, especially with the MSM providing cover fire for the administration. Benghazi was a little easier...Obama/Clinton lied, Chris Stevens died.

But the IRS? Everyone gets that, and the revelations just keep getting uglier.
Libertarians have been warning both sides of how the two parties are acting out a choreographed dance to dismantle the middle class. The scam is becoming so evident that eyes are opening, and blinders removed. I can only laugh at those who will sink with their ideological ship, like lemmings off a cliff, and rats to the river. The pipers piping; hurry up little lemmings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 04:39 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,221,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We do need to point out that just a month ago if someone had posted that the IRS was targeting certain groups that lean right and or speak about things not helpful to the administration they would have been called a RWNJ, a tin hat wearing psycho. A conspiracy nut.

Now those people are really pissed. This is going to have far ranging implications no matter where it stops. The calls for removing the IRS from having a say in our healthcare is going to be loud and never ending until it's stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
And it gets worse and deeper. Wider Problems Found at IRS - WSJ.com

This is tyranny. Put this with wire tapping AP, its straight up a tyrannical government that can not be trusted
Oh good grief--were you a 10th this outraged when this happened:
IRS targeted NAACP in 2004 - Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com
Or this:
IRS Targets Church for Antiwar Sermon on EthicsDaily.com

I hate to tell you this, but the same exact kind of crap was going on during the Bush administration, and the R's didn't say a peep. The IRS employees involved in this need to be fired. I personally think that ALL partisan leaning non profits, on both sides, should go through an extensive review before they receive tax exempt status, and I'm still not sure why tea party groups were filing to be 501(c)3 groups (nonpolitical, involved in literary, religious, charitable or educational activities). The tea party is political by it's very nature.

The hysteria on this is ridiculous. It sounds like someone in the IRS really screwed up, and they need to lose their job. As far as this being "tyranny" etc., give me a freaking break. You could care less when YOU GUYS did the same thing to the other side. Now you're all on a hysterical rant (like always).

Old 05-13-2013, 04:44 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,049,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh good grief--were you a 10th this outraged when this happened:
IRS targeted NAACP in 2004 - Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com
Or this:
IRS Targets Church for Antiwar Sermon on EthicsDaily.com

I hate to tell you this, but the same exact kind of crap was going on during the Bush administration, and the R's didn't say a peep. The IRS employees involved in this need to be fired. I personally think that ALL partisan leaning non profits, on both sides, should go through an extensive review before they receive tax exempt status, and I'm still not sure why tea party groups were filing to be 501(c)3 groups (nonpolitical, involved in literary, religious, charitable or educational activities). The tea party is political by it's very nature.

The hysteria on this is ridiculous. It sounds like someone in the IRS really screwed up, and they need to lose their job. As far as this being "tyranny" etc., give me a freaking break. You could care less when YOU GUYS did the same thing to the other side. Now you're all on a hysterical rant (like always).
We have three growing scandals. I dont want to hear your deflection. Take that to media mutters.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,626,176 times
Quote:
And it gets worse and deeper. Wider Problems Found at IRS - WSJ.com

This is tyranny. Put this with wire tapping AP, its straight up a tyrannical government that can not be trusted
The IRS is pretty clear about how no one in any position of leadership was involved.
It was all rogue workers.

Wouldn't it be nice to go to work and do whatever you wanted and not worry that your boss is going to find out or even care ?

Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The IRS is pretty clear about how no one in any position of leadership was involved.
It was all rogue workers.

Wouldn't it be nice to go to work and do whatever you wanted and not worry that your boss is going to find out or even care ?
I dont know how anyone can believe that. I can not fathom a few low level people just deciding to do this on their own.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I dont know how anyone can believe that. I can not fathom a few low level people just deciding to do this on their own.
And not get caught for a year and then higher ups not finding out about it for another year.

And here I transposed my son's SS number one year on my 1040 and I had mail from them within a week threatening to fine me and put me in jail for fraud

Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
You can bet Congress will believe it.
Congress always believes them.
And they say it under oath.

Put Joe Wilson on that committee to ask questions

Old 05-13-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You can bet Congress will believe it.
Congress always believes them.
And they say it under oath.

Put Joe Wilson on that committee to ask questions
Been listening to Levin, who knew something was going on for a long while now. He is beating up Congress for doing nothing for too long. Remember, there is plenty in the establishment GOP that arent fond of the Tea Party and small government people. The establishment GOP is little better than Democrats. They dont want things to change in Washington.

Which is why im thankful to have people like Cruz. We need a couple dozen more just like him who is willing to stand up for us and take on the establishment.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Libertarians have been warning both sides of how the two parties are acting out a choreographed dance to dismantle the middle class. The scam is becoming so evident that eyes are opening, and blinders removed. I can only laugh at those who will sink with their ideological ship, like lemmings off a cliff, and rats to the river. The pipers piping; hurry up little lemmings.
Ain't that the truth !!

Old 05-13-2013, 04:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,254,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
I love how the last two posters instantly hijacked the thread by going completely off topic. This isn't about Romney. How do Romney's tax returns have anything to do with the IRS leaking confidential tax documents?

All of this deflecting is getting rediculous!

More deflection. You come back with a direct call-out on deflection, with more deflection!

Who made you the keeper of the threads?

How many threads would you limit us to on any given topic?

Why do progressives feel the need to become the dialogue police when the conversation isn't going as they'd like it to?

I'd say 12 threads reflects the anger towards the IRS, and quite justifiably. Moreover, Obama is just denying any knowledge (plausible deniability) of the events, just as he has Benghazi and Gun Walking.

Since when did liberals start defending the IRS? When it was conservatives who the IRS targeted, making it all good? More proof that a progressive will sacrifice EVERY PROTECTION for their nonsensical ideology of big brother bliss.
No, there being 12 threads on the same topic just tells me you guys are too lazy to look to see if there is already a thread on this topic.

You can call it a deflection, I am just stating the obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies