Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,951,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Since they're not answering to anyone and you infer that they're so independent then please explain 157 visits by the head of the IRS to the White House? More than any other IRS head in history and way more than any other cabinet member, 3 times the amount of Hillary.
Time for a special investigator (not Holder) so Congress can get back to doing nothing again and maybe we'll get some answers.
You are right about the doing nothing again, for sure! Look , when you have 2 dominate Political parties ( not sure where the Tea baggers are going ) and you have such grid lock , should THAT not be the most important thing of the day, the week, the month, the year ? What is happening is every Political pun-dent is paying more attention to the coming elections and how what ever dirt they can dig up is to be used as fodder when the time is right. Both sides do it, the Far right Republications / Tea Party DO seem to have the lead, maintaining their crap via Fox News. Is it any wonder the other side overly steps its bounds once in a while ? No it is not, serious some things...maybe, others blown way out of the park and in the end, untold amounts of the peoples money is spent on this " gotcha" thing which goes nowhere.We all have seen this over and over again as far back as Nixon and every administration since. You folks hold Regan so high on a pedestal, He was one of the worst....yet got away with everything in the end.

The IRS has been structured from the start to become a stealth branch of the Treasury. We as taxpayers are found guilty until we can prove otherwise. Is that not being independent ? We still do have our court system, many infractions that come under federal laws and rule making are civil matters, in fact most are, and are tried in Federal District court as such.That does not exempt you from being dragged before a Judge when you fail to pay your taxes, and it does not restrict any of us from going to prison if the IRS can convince the court we were a little more than forgetful when paying your fair share. ....Yes I can see this all powerful branch of service as dictatorial, unfair, running ruff shod over average Citizens, when all the while the big corporate tax cheats go alone their merry way, doing business as usual.

You state about the "visits to the White House" by the head of the IRS and how many times is too many. Just how are you to judge, do you know what was said, have you read the transcripts, the logs and the followup by people that were there? No, you are not and you have little evidence to support a wild concurrency. Sure , the Executive branch can and will try to put their thumb on the scale of justice, its happened many many times, with every administration.If there were illegal activates as a result of this influence then someone should answer for it. Using the President as the fall guy only draws more resentment to the pushers, most of the time the President wins out. Take a look at Bill Clinton, slick Willy was always one step ahead of the slime even though many of the things He did were all powerful and sometimes wrong. In the end, He just became MORE liked by the People. When it came to GWB and Bushes brain Cheney, well many many laws and crimes against humanity were broken, yet he was able to get away scott free every time ( There are still warrants out for His hide in other Countries ) All He had to do was distract the people, sacrifice a low level employee , who, in the end the crimes were pardoned by President Busch.

It would seem to me that the IRS was only covering their ass by doing these investigations , otherwise they could be equally guilty of ignoring the laws they are required to see upheald and or investigated when it came to the 501 C 4 applications., of wich there were more Tea Party groups applying than any Liberal ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 09:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Are liberals really this dense, or just "pretend"? Using Tea Party as the ONLY phrase (or others like it, but right-leaning) makes it political.

Considering none of the groups were denied status, they obviously were NOT political.
Some still have not been approved.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:24 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,426,485 times
Americans are on the enemy list. Anyone who is a political opponent to Obama is on the enemies list.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
It would seem to me that the IRS was only covering their ass by doing these investigations , otherwise they could be equally guilty of ignoring the laws they are required to see upheald and or investigated when it came to the 501 C 4 applications., of wich there were more Tea Party groups applying than any Liberal ones.
The "I have no defense so I will make things up" defense.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The "I have no defense so I will make things up" defense.
No, I was simply stating that there is more to these issues than meets the eye. If you can tell me with a straight face that the Far right gun totin, rebel flag waving, Tea party nuts are not to be investigated and watched closely, then you are a very good actor... Now , we have the Ricin issue suspected to be sent by those who support the Tea Party and its ideals. Ya , these nuts need to be investigated to the far reaches of the planet and more !

Old 05-31-2013, 09:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Americans are on the enemy list. Anyone who is a political opponent to Obama is on the enemies list.
Paranoid, much?

Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You bet , its become the American way, has it not ? When spokespersons for the crazy right, especially congressman and Senators are calling for the overthrowing of our President and all those who hold office in the Federal Government, then I see this as a terrorist act! They should be investigated as enemies of the People, and as long as they can't agree on closing the hell hole on the Cuba shore, we should send a few of these subversives there, for a while, lock em up, round em up , strip them of there human and Constitutional rights. So many deserve this kinda treatment.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
No, I was simply stating that there is more to these issues than meets the eye. If you can tell me with a straight face that the Far right gun totin, rebel flag waving, Tea party nuts are not to be investigated and watched closely, then you are a very good actor... Now , we have the Ricin issue suspected to be sent by those who support the Tea Party and its ideals. Ya , these nuts need to be investigated to the far reaches of the planet and more !
I am as concerned about those who can't discuss things without feeling a need for calling those they disagree with names.

Just as your initial attempt shows you have no argument, falling back on name calling does the same thing.

I seem to recall that the shooting of Gabby Giffords was the fault of the Tea Party also. Until it wasn't. Seems some will never learn.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am as concerned about those who can't discuss things without feeling a need for calling those they disagree with names.

Just as your initial attempt shows you have no argument, falling back on name calling does the same thing.

I seem to recall that the shooting of Gabby Giffords was the fault of the Tea Party also. Until it wasn't. Seems some will never learn.
Nope: If MSNBC reports what they get on the AP news wire as " a person from Louisiana who was involved with the assault rifle issues", and the Fox news does not report it that way, but all so much commentary that can not be proven ether, then who is wrong? You see this as calling names ? , I don't I call it defense !! If we need a third party to be a fact checker who has no agenda, so be it , I would welcome independent not for profit intermediaries. One of the problems for not having Parliamentary stile of Government.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Nope: If MSNBC reports what they get on the AP news wire as " a person from Louisiana who was involved with the assault rifle issues", and the Fox news does not report it that way, but all so much commentary that can not be proven ether, then who is wrong? You see this as calling names ? , I don't I call it defense !! If we need a third party to be a fact checker who has no agenda, so be it , I would welcome independent not for profit intermediaries. One of the problems for not having Parliamentary stile of Government.
I call calling names, calling names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies