Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,338,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Wow! It must be painful to you to live in a gun-control state... isn't California one of the states with the strictest gun laws?
Good luck try to change it.
In spite of California's strict gun control laws, its violent crime rates, including death by firearm, are higher (worse) than Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,310,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Oh, for crying out loud. Put your adult panties on and either debate something or ignore it. No one is forcing you to post here. Some sure do like to post snarky comments though. Nothing stops them from doing that, no matter what topic it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We arent the ones being suckered by Hannity and then turning around and creating threads about what Hannity told you as if it might be true. You basically did exactly what Fox News wanted you to do, take their lie and turn it into truth.
Indeed, I think she needs to get her own adult panties on, mature up, and simply recognize a mistake and learn how not to repeat it. No biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
janelle144, that's for having one illegally.
Makes sense.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 AM

23,661 posts, read 17,643,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
No, I'm sure Hannity meant exactly what you reported he said.

It was just a lie, like so much of what he says. You need to admit that you were wrong and be more careful with what you post.
Did you notice I put a question mark in the title? That means I am not sure about that. Wasn't agreeing wasn't disagreeing. You need to be more careful what you read.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,399,858 times
Quote:
Did you notice I put a question mark in the title? That means I am not sure about that. Wasn't agreeing wasn't disagreeing. You need to be more careful what you read.
Oh well in that case, to answer your question, no people in Watertown are not forbidden to own guns.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
janelle144, that's for having one illegally.
Thank you. People can learn from you on how to post maturely. Five stars for this.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We arent the ones being suckered by Hannity and then turning around and creating threads about what Hannity told you as if it might be true. You basically did exactly what Fox News wanted you to do, take their lie and turn it into truth.
It wasn't a lie, it was a question and it does seem one can get jail time if they carry an unregistered gun.

"Might be true" is what you said and what I meant.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,647,059 times
Quote:

Quote:
Yep, signs that say, "Mandatory 1 year jail sentence if you have a gun"

Go inside your homes and stay there. The instructions from the police, really safe huh?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM

14,535 posts, read 11,390,698 times
Quote:
Thank you. People can learn from you on how to post maturely. Five stars for this.
Yeah, the state has a one year mandatory sentence for possessing a gun without a license.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:39 AM

14,247 posts, read 18,024,876 times
Quote:
To obtain a concealed carry permit in Boston you need to take a safety course, belong to a gun club, and go to a range to show a police representative that you know how to use it safely. Basically they make it just hard enough that it might dissuade a lot of people from doing it.
My brother in law, his wife and his daughter - who all live in the New Bedford area - all have concealed carry permits. Several of his neighbors also have permits and own guns. There is a lot of nonsense on this thread with regard to Massachusetts.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,850,011 times
Originally Posted by janelle144

I think this proves gun ownership is essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you're going to shoot the bad guys?

How very pro-life of you.

Is everyone else down at life (but-only-until-you-pass-through-the-birth-canal) .com down at Walmart buying their guns tonight? Proof the conservatives aren't pro-life. They're as pro-death as anyone else.
Yes, when we defend ourselves from a madman with a gun we are pro-death.
Talk about doing a mashup to fit in your tiny progressive box!!!

Babies should be allowed to grow up to be whatever they'll become. If they grow up to be murderers and terrorists, then they should be shown the door to the after life. Being pro-life for babies, and pro-death for badies does not conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies