Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, that's a switch. CONServatives are usually screaming illegals are flooding over the US/Mexican border to get on welfare and overwhelm our social services and entitlement programs.

What were you saying about black leaders?
Reverend Jackson And Rainbow/PUSH Call for Federal Intervention in Chicago | Rainbow PUSH Coalition

‘The time for talk is over–it’s time for action’

Maybe you believe these black leaders should go door to door in neighborhoods and confiscate guns? The Chicago PD could do that, but that would be a violation of peoples rights under our constitution, or, should that be trashed to stop gun homicides?
How can anyone sit in their basement pecking away on a keyboard and say black leaders don't care about the fate of youth in America. I suppose someone can provide proof that black leaders don't care? Otherwise, someone wouldn't make an audacious accusation of such without proof.
There are Black leaders that do care. At least Jesse Jackson is finally saying something about this. Bill Cosby has been saying things too. There are Black people discussing this issue. It just isn't discussed in public.

I think perhaps the reason some people don't think Black people care is because such issues are not discussed out in public. I've heard Black people in church talk about certain issues. I remember many years back, when I was a teenager, I was at church with my father, and the minister basically said "pull your pants up, tuck in your shirt, and BE somebody". There are Black people addressing these issues. It just isn't being discussed out in public. I believe Bill Cosby is the one person who said some things in earshot of the public.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The truth hurts sometimes. Why do liberals like to run from the truth and instead hide behind the race card?

Let me guess.....you hang out in front of Lexington Market ALL THE TIME right?
It has nothing to do with running from the truth. This is about "WHY" someone keeps starting threads about Black people. What is the point? It has to be more than about "truth".

My perspective is that alot of people start threads like this, using "statistics" as a reason to complain about Black people. No one mentions Blacks and crime without a reason or some kind of agenda behind it.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,182,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I knew this from the moment this thread opened up. The thing is, some people will deny their feelings, and like you said, use statistics for the explicit purpose of bashing people. I don't have a problem with looking up statistics. As a Black American male, I'm very aware of the number of murders that were committed by Black American men. I'm also aware that Blacks are also the mostly like to be murdered in the USA. I never found that mentioned by the OP. While being aware of these statistics, I mention them in the context of what is causing such violence. I'm discussing the fact that the violence is a symptom of other problems, such as broken homes, gangs, drugs, poor education, poverty, low self-esteem. I go into this with the intent of finding solutions. I do not discuss it in the context of "Blacks are a menace of society". Unfortunately, there are some people who have said on other forums that they want to see Blacks kicked out of this country. Considering that, it is obvious why some people mention "statistics".
Exactly. I don't see the OP quoting the statistics of how many pedophiles or mass murderers are white men. Or how many biker bar fights are started by drunken whites. He only seems to come up with the stats that paint blacks in a bad light.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't get the logic here. Whatever the OPs motives how are facts racist?
The motives matter alot, If the motive is complain about Black people and justify one's prejudice, why should I listen or take the "facts" seriously? Why would I want to discuss this matter with someone whose motive is to complain about Black people?

In order to discuss a subject like this, the motive has to be decent. The motive has to be about making things better for everyone, Black people too. There is a difference between tough love and arrogance/talking down on people. I think about Judge Greg Mathis. I can tell he cares about the Black community. He grew up in the worst part of Detroit. He has been in trouble with the law. He turned his life around and got a college education, and later became a judge. When he talks about the problems that exist in the Black community, he believes in tough love, but he doesn't come with an attitude of arrogance. He knows what it's like. I've seen him talk with disgust about deadbeat fathers in the Black community. He talked directly to the persons who were causing trouble. He discussed it from a perspective that Blacks were being affected by this.

What I'm seeing from some people is "Blacks are a peril, avoid them all" mentality, thinly veiled albeit. The motive matters because if the motive is arrogance and hatred, then there will be no productive conversation on this issue, just anger.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 PM

76 posts, read 217,037 times
Quote:
Miss Crabcakes: "Just curious what the purpose is? To discuss how deplorable blacks are again?"

Miss Crabcakes is right. Most of us already know how deplorable blacks are. Why do we have to keep harping on it?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Exactly. I don't see the OP quoting the statistics of how many pedophiles or mass murderers are white men. Or how many biker bar fights are started by drunken whites. He only seems to come up with the stats that paint blacks in a bad light.
And this isn't the only thread with such attitudes. I have said that if you want to discuss the issues, discuss them in a diplomatic, productive way. Not in those exact words, but that's the main idea.

I grew up in a rural/suburb area 45 minutes west of Atlanta. I've seen alot of disturbing stuff from both Blacks and Whites. I've never been around bikers. I've been around people who were part of the "redneck" subculture, and well as the "gangster" subculture. When you look at both subcultures, some of the tenets are the same. I went to school with kids who behaved in similar ways.

The way this thread was started, it can be surmised that the purpose was to bash Blacks. However, some people would never admit this.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolf Kendall View Post
Miss Crabcakes is right. Most of us already know how deplorable blacks are. Why do we have to keep harping on it?
Is this sarcasm, or do you really believe that all Black people are horrible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.