Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lybricks View Post
The American Dream is a myth.
I wouldn't say it is a myth. I would say it is getting harder for some people to attain that dream.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Ban black people from owning guns (again).

Then the NRA will fight to get their rights back. (again)

Old 03-27-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Ban black people from owning guns (again).

Then the NRA will fight to get their rights back. (again)
You do know that banning Blacks from owning guns violates the second amendment.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And not one politician or black leader is doing a thing to address the real problems. They don't really care about the fate of the inner city black youth. You won't see Obama going to an inner city promising any American dream -- he saves all that kind of talk to cheap labor foreigners who are living and working here illegally.
The problem is no one know how to fix the problem. the problem is not just in the inner city and not just black kids. Its easy to point out the problems, much much more difficult to fix.

Just like illegal immigration, where there are those that simply say deport them all...Fine, stop to think about the logistics in rounding up 12 million people.

Ah it can be done...you just dont want to...

Show me a plan to round up, house, feed, transport 12 million people and I'll listen.

Show me a credible plan that the govenment can implement to change inner city black and suburban white thugs and I'll listen. [hispanic and asian] to focus or single out black youth because their numbers are higger and not address the other youth in crisis is ridiculous...

but we all know there isn't really a want to fix these bad kids, the joy is in pointing out how terrible they are...I've been on this earth to know crap when i read it...nobody can tell me different. Crap is all these threads are spewing...not change.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The problem is no one know how to fix the problem. the problem is not just in the inner city and not just black kids. Its easy to point out the problems, much much more difficult to fix.

Just like illegal immigration, where there are those that simply say deport them all...Fine, stop to think about the logistics in rounding up 12 million people.

Ah it can be done...you just dont want to...

Show me a plan to round up, house, feed, transport 12 million people and I'll listen.

Show me a credible plan that the govenment can implement to change inner city black and suburban white thugs and I'll listen. [hispanic and asian] to focus or single out black youth because their numbers are higger and not address the other youth in crisis is ridiculous...

but we all know there isn't really a want to fix these bad kids, the joy is in pointing out how terrible they are...I've been on this earth to know crap when i read it...nobody can tell me different. Crap is all these threads are spewing...not change.
You have one of the most sane, and sensible posts on this thread. One thing you have brought up about these threads. Nothing good comes from them. All that comes out is more crap. If the intent is to bring forth solutions, it has certainly failed. If the intent was for a few closet bigots to vent the anger they have at Blacks on this thread(and many others), it certainly works. The thing is, you are right. This thread isn't bringing any solutions.

There are certainly issues that exist within the African-American community and many things that are hurting the Black population. However, the one thing I've noticed about such threads is that it only brings one stark reality: it merely reflects the kind of division that has always existed in this nation. I would often think that these threads only bring division. From what I see, a thread like this doesn't so much cause division, but merely shows how divided our society is. We have always been a divided society.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:53 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
If I made up ststs Id be a racist. I am pasting what the CDC reported. According to your liberal logic, if Im a racist than the CDC is the KKK. Facts hurt, but facts can be beatiful. None of us are perfect. Facts can help us self reflect and better ourselves.
FACT: Over 90% of the violent crimes and shootings are being done by MEN. Yet I don't see you quoting any articles about how men are evil...only black men...hmmm
We all put up with life being limited in freedoms to go places and do things because of MEN behaving badly.
Such is life, Dude. Don't whine because the man causing trouble happens to be a different color than you are.

Signed,
Liberal Swine

Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
FACT: Over 90% of the violent crimes and shootings are being done by MEN. Yet I don't see you quoting any articles about how men are evil...only black men...hmmm
We all put up with life being limited in freedoms to go places and do things because of MEN behaving badly.
Such is life, Dude. Don't whine because the man causing trouble happens to be a different color than you are.

Signed,
Liberal Swine
I think the reason we don't see anyone complaining about men is because the whole point of this thread was to complain about the Black population.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think the reason we don't see anyone complaining about men is because the whole point of this thread was to complain about the Black population.
Yea, I knew that. I was just trying to demonstrate how prejudice works...but some people will always refuse to use logic, they just use statistics as an excuse to bash.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:15 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And not one politician or black leader is doing a thing to address the real problems. They don't really care about the fate of the inner city black youth. You won't see Obama going to an inner city promising any American dream -- he saves all that kind of talk to cheap labor foreigners who are living and working here illegally.
Well, that's a switch. CONServatives are usually screaming illegals are flooding over the US/Mexican border to get on welfare and overwhelm our social services and entitlement programs.

What were you saying about black leaders?
Reverend Jackson And Rainbow/PUSH Call for Federal Intervention in Chicago | Rainbow PUSH Coalition

Quote:
Chicago, IL (Friday, February 1, 2013) — Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. and

Rainbow PUSH Coalition call for immediate Federal Intervention and Homeland

Security in Chicago as January homicide totals exceeded 45.
Quote:
As Rev. Al Sharpton said on tonight’s PoliticsNation, “It’s not just in Chicago, or in Newtown. Since 1979, more than 116,000 children and teenagers have been killed by guns. We can’t listen to any more of this nonsense from the NRA. The time for their talk is over. Now’s the time for action, and real change on gun control.”
‘The time for talk is over–it’s time for action’

Maybe you believe these black leaders should go door to door in neighborhoods and confiscate guns? The Chicago PD could do that, but that would be a violation of peoples rights under our constitution, or, should that be trashed to stop gun homicides?
How can anyone sit in their basement pecking away on a keyboard and say black leaders don't care about the fate of youth in America. I suppose someone can provide proof that black leaders don't care? Otherwise, someone wouldn't make an audacious accusation of such without proof.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Yea, I knew that. I was just trying to demonstrate how prejudice works...but some people will always refuse to use logic, they just use statistics as an excuse to bash.
I knew this from the moment this thread opened up. The thing is, some people will deny their feelings, and like you said, use statistics for the explicit purpose of bashing people. I don't have a problem with looking up statistics. As a Black American male, I'm very aware of the number of murders that were committed by Black American men. I'm also aware that Blacks are also the mostly like to be murdered in the USA. I never found that mentioned by the OP. While being aware of these statistics, I mention them in the context of what is causing such violence. I'm discussing the fact that the violence is a symptom of other problems, such as broken homes, gangs, drugs, poor education, poverty, low self-esteem. I go into this with the intent of finding solutions. I do not discuss it in the context of "Blacks are a menace of society". Unfortunately, there are some people who have said on other forums that they want to see Blacks kicked out of this country. Considering that, it is obvious why some people mention "statistics".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies