Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,173,731 times

Advertisements

What I don't understand from the OP is how he/she can pose the question while being seemingly astounded that Obama is not as unpopular as the congressional Republicans.....baffled. The economy is slowly recovering IN SPITE of congressional republicans doing everything in their power to stop it via these arbitrary budget arguments and attempts at austerity despite overseas evidence of it's ineffectiveness and taxes are (compared to their historical average) quite low.....I don't understand what you people are so pissed about. If

See the charts below for three key economic indicators (GDP, Private sector layoffs, and total employment) pre-Obama, during his first day, and after the stimulus kicked in for a hint as to why the approval rating is at 60%....

http://www.americanprogress.org/wp-c...deo_charts.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its not a bizzaro world.

Americans know that Republicans have been doing all they can to obstruct progress - hence the record low GOP approval ratings.
That's BS, complaining about republicans is just cover for Obama's failures.

What exactly what have the republicans done to stop Obama? What great economic plan to save the economy was thwarted by the repubs? BTW, we are talking about the same president who has not even met with his Jobs panel for over a year, but I suppose that was because mean old repubs were obstructing him from meeting with them.

Obama got everything he wanted his first two years, and the repubs gave him his huge deficit ceilings the last two years.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Can you believe Obama has an approval rating of 60%....Dumbing Down Of America!!!

President Obama’s popularity surges to three-year high
Maybe the dumb is in the eye of the beholder??

Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Can you believe Obama has an approval rating of 60%....Dumbing Down Of America!!!

EVERYTHING IS FOR THE MOST PART GETTING BETTER no thanks to the party of STUPID.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:

Yah. When you get your rear handed to you just keep on repeating everyone else is stupid. That'll help.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

What exactly what have the republicans done to stop Obama? What great economic plan to save the economy was thwarted by the repubs? BTW, we are talking about the same president who has not even met with his Jobs panel for over a year, but I suppose that was because mean old repubs were obstructing him from meeting with them.

Obama got everything he wanted his first two years, and the repubs gave him his huge deficit ceilings the last two years.
Mitch McConnell...Take it away!:

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

Old 01-31-2013, 03:09 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

Obama compromised down the stimulus plan and included 40% tax cuts, and the GOP voted NO anyway.
Obama wanted the Bush tax cuts to expire two years ago but the GOP held extending unemployment insurance hostage until Obama knuckled in.
Obama weakened the ACA to appease the GOP and they still voted NO.
The GOP blocked countless appointees -- we still don't have an AFT head or enough members of the NLRB.

Besides, if the GOP wasnt standing in the way, why were there a record number of filibusters?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Another republican failure.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM

490 posts, read 650,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
True. You know...I considered myself a Republican for the last 10 years of so of my life but I feel like talking with all of the "conservatives" on this page and after seeing how ridiculous all of the arguments are I have decidely moved to the left.

City-Data's GOP posters have successfully lost a (former) reliable GOP voter.

Congrats?
That almost exactly describes me. A Republican most of my life I have run from the GOP and it's 1950's thinking like Jesse Owens in Berlin.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM

764 posts, read 597,443 times
If you want to say the economy is in a state of mediocrity that's fine, but stop pretending its horrible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies