Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,356,275 times

Advertisements

Obama is viewed favorable because he represents everything that is "cool" today, the same reason he won the election. It really won't surprise me if the media tries to paint him out to be the greatest President in all history after he gets out of office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,065,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Obama is viewed favorable because he represents everything that is "cool" today, the same reason he won the election. It really won't surprise me if the media tries to paint him out to be the greatest President in all history after he gets out of office.
Except that the media does nothing of a kind. The media reports his successes and his failures. The media reported criticism of his his drone, Gitmo and wiretapping policy. They reported his success in overcoming GOP resistance. Nobody is positioning themselves to declare he was the greatest President in all history.

Yes, Obama is cooler than either "get off my lawn you kids" McCain and "gee, gosh" Romney, it's not saying much.

While you can make all kinds of excuses, Americans side with Obama' policies more than those of the Republicans.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,190,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Except that the media does nothing of a kind. The media reports his successes and his failures. The media reported criticism of his his drone, Gitmo and wiretapping policy. They reported his success in overcoming GOP resistance. Nobody is positioning themselves to declare he was the greatest President in all history.

Yes, Obama is cooler than either "get off my lawn you kids" McCain and "gee, gosh" Romney, it's not saying much.

While you can make all kinds of excuses, Americans side with Obama' policies more than those of the Republicans.
True. You know...I considered myself a Republican for the last 10 years of so of my life but I feel like talking with all of the "conservatives" on this page and after seeing how ridiculous all of the arguments are I have decidely moved to the left.

City-Data's GOP posters have successfully lost a (former) reliable GOP voter.

Congrats?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,917,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What specific "things" are you referring to?
Gee, I thought you knew everything!

The latest example is the 60 minutes interview story and the follow up by Croft admitting Obama comes on 60 minutes because he KNOWS they won't ask any tough questions.

How about the media CONSTANTLY referring guns as assault weapons when in fact they are NOT and allowing Obama and Biden to use the term and never correct them?

Or how about, Crowley (spelling) jumping in during the debate with Romney.

There is plenty of evidence if you are willing to look it up.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,933,617 times
Its not a bizzaro world.

Americans know that Republicans have been doing all they can to obstruct progress - hence the record low GOP approval ratings.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,065,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Gee, I thought you knew everything!

The latest example is the 60 minutes interview story and the follow up by Croft admitting Obama comes on 60 minutes because he KNOWS they won't ask any tough questions.

How about the media CONSTANTLY referring guns as assault weapons when in fact they are NOT and allowing Obama and Biden to use the term and never correct them?

Or how about, Crowley (spelling) jumping in during the debate with Romney.

There is plenty of evidence if you are willing to look it up.
I get it, it's like when a Republican interviews with Fox and the questions are all softballs or when before the ACA became popular and FOX, limpballs and Sanity ridiculed it as ObamaCare.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 PM

25,945 posts, read 16,735,363 times
What is wrong with you losers? I can make all the money I'm willing to work for. Good luck and prosperity is directly proportionate to your own attitude and work ethic. Quit blaming the Government.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,609,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Can you believe Obama has an approval rating of 60%....Dumbing Down Of America!!!

President Obama’s popularity surges to three-year high
I can, the stock market was going crazy, even though most of us know he has little control over it. The market is controlled by the world affairs, not just what happens here. The other issue: he has just been sworn in for his second term. The Pres ratings always are high at this time, give it a few weeks or months.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM

29,995 posts, read 15,101,070 times
Is there a pill that can be taken to become a sheeple ? Like in the movie the Matrix, one pill you stay the same the other you become aware. I want just the opposite, I'm tired of seeing things spiral downward and the mentality of the majority of the US. It will just be easier to conform.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,793,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its not a bizzaro world.

Americans know that Republicans have been doing all they can to obstruct progress - hence the record low GOP approval ratings.
THIS.

The extent to which right-wingers have blinded themselves to the reality that that 60% of Americans realize as the case prevents them from (a) being able to understand how they could be viewed so negatively and their opponents viewed so positively; and (b) being able to grow from their rather out-of-touch position toward something more resembling a respectable position vis a vis the future of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies