Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 AM

77 posts, read 155,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Not saying all is marvelous just answering the OP question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,471,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Recovering Economy, lower taxes, HC Reform started, getting the gop moving on purging themselves of their cancer(TParty) ..... errr, and you are surprised that the President is viewed so favorably?
GDP falling, UE rate up again, deficits surging. Payroll taxes, capital gains tax, and marginal rates all just rose.

For the first time in my life I'm a believer in alternate universe theory. You're in one.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,676,480 times
Here is the thing:

More long term unemployment than when Obama took office in 2008
More workforce dropouts than when Obama took office in 2008
More foodstamp recipients than when Obama took office in 2008
Higher price of gas than when Obama took office in 2008
More High Unemployment states than when Obama took office in 2008
Misery index higher than when Obama took office in 2008
Food costs are higher than when Obama took office in 2008
Home values dropped than when Obama took office in 2008
Mortgage delinquencies higher than when Obama took office in 2008
National Debt Higher than when Obama took office in 2008

Falsely inflated markets due to QE
Propaganda machine that is the MSM media and a government that controls it very nicely

I love the lefties proclaiming that the fourth quarter was an aberration and then like Harry Reid, blaming it on the Republicans and spending cuts. I am going to have to say that there was something else in the fourth quarter that happened, say around November, that caused the economy to go down. Hmmm, I wonder what that was.

Bottom line is that we are far worse off than we were 4 years ago as a nation - anyone who is foolish enough to parrot Harry Reid and say we are in a recovery is just an idiot.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:13 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,288,162 times
Wow, an approval rating of 60%, not bad.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,676,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Wow, an approval rating of 60%, not bad.
Yeah, it is kind of stupid when we see the horrendous job that he has done with his economy, trampled all over the Constitution, is in the process of ruining healthcare and running this country into the gorund as a whole.

The people are so easily mislead!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 AM

990 posts, read 945,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Inauguration high also he's really at 48% approval you have to subtract out Blacks.
Why? Because they're 3/5 of a person? Because their opinion does not matter thanks to their skin color? Why do you have to subtract out blacks?

What's the rating if you take out no-class white, Christian rednecks?

Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 AM

77 posts, read 155,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
GDP falling, UE rate up again, deficits surging. Payroll taxes, capital gains tax, and marginal rates all just rose.

For the first time in my life I'm a believer in alternate universe theory. You're in one.
No, I'm just providing some perspective and context for why the President is at a 60% approval rating. Your points are why he is at a 40% disapproval rating. I'm not stating personal approval nor disapproval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,548,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Must be one of those crazy, Democrat-skewed polls. You know - like the ones just before the election.
LOL!!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM

13,874 posts, read 9,841,076 times
Horrible economy? The economy added 157,000 jobs last month and the DOW is close to 14,000. This is spite of the fact that Republicans are trying their hardest to weaken economic growth.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,787,506 times
The feigned ignorance of Republican supporters is almost laughable. As if they don't realize that a huge turd traveling at terminal velocity on 1/20/2009 is going to continue traveling in the negative direction until their own obstructionism and priggishness can be overcome so that the new administration can start slowing the sharp decent initiated by the previous administration and eventually turning it around. Since the President's policies have stopped the plummeting turd that President Bush dumped on us, the nation has added literally millions of jobs and has enjoyed a rather decent recovery. But denial must run deep to gird Republican supporters against the troubling news reality brings them, that their efforts to make things worse for everyone, in a cynical attempt to grab power that they don't deserve, have failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies