Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 AM

37,818 posts, read 41,123,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Are we forgetting that those on the fringe wing of the liberal spectrum were conspiracy theorists during GWB's years. I remember liberals accusing then governor of Florida, Jeb Bush, of conspiring to steal the election on behalf of his brother. You remember when liberals implicated GWB in the 9/11 attacks? Even today, some on the fringe left believe oil was behind the Iraq invasion.

I'm a liberal, but you must not deny the fact that conspiracy nuts exist on both sides.
Agree. Who even knows what political parties the people belong to who think the moon landing was staged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 02:41 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,708,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm a "liberal" and I never heard of "truthers" until I joined CD. NOT ONE of my liberal friends believes that nonsense. The truthers are a very small subset, and some of them are just plain nuts.
Just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean anything, and certainly doesn't diminish the rants of morons. Just take a look at MSNBC and you'll see what I mean.

Conspiracy nuts are everywhere. As with almost everything in life, there's a grain of truth and people make mountains out of molehills.

The left has far more worthless imagination than the right. Their vivid imaginations, amusing as they are, point to the dumbing down of America in the worst possible way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Loose Change was the most popular 9/11 truther documentary. Fahrenheit 9/11, by Michael Moore, was a more satirical version of it but loved by liberals nonetheless. Paul Begala on CNN believed Bush was complicit in 9/11. 9/11 trutherism was far more prevalent on the left than you guys want to admit.

I imagine most people in this site were too young in 2003 and 2004 to really remember or be into politics at that time, but it was probably more widespread than birtherism, plus it was endorsed by many in the media so of course it was more politically correct to question the official story of 9/11 than it is to question Obama's birth country.
Algore's phoney baloney global warming nonsense is even bigger and better than anything MM has puked up when it comes to idiotic leftwing theories. Goodness.....people will fall for anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Anyone that believes one side does it more than the other is just plain ignorant.
For sure.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:08 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,506,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I find it interesting that Donald Trump, who donated $50,000 to Rahm for mayor in 2011, became the most prominent proponent of birtherism. Could it be that Trump was actually getting marching orders from Team Obama to promote birtherism? Now there's a conspiracy theory for you....
donald trump's involvement in birtherism has been truly bizarre and i'll admit that the possibility that trump is doing it intentionally to make the birthers/GOP look like doofus has crossed my mind. i think the simplest answer is that trump has surrounded himself with "yes"-men and he truly believes his own BS.

the problem for the GOP concerning trump is that, besides the fact that trump was the leading candidate at one point, nearly all of the GOP candidates actively sought out trump's endorsement ( paul and huntsman being the notable exceptions ). romney was still promoting his association with trump even after trump's birther rants of the past year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies