Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:08 PM

29,712 posts, read 16,782,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Loose Change was the most popular 9/11 truther documentary. Fahrenheit 9/11, by Michael Moore, was a more satirical version of it but loved by liberals nonetheless. Paul Begala on CNN believed Bush was complicit in 9/11. 9/11 trutherism was far more prevalent on the left than you guys want to admit.

I imagine most people in this site were too young in 2003 and 2004 to really remember or be into politics at that time, but it was probably more widespread than birtherism, plus it was endorsed by many in the media so of course it was more politically correct to question the official story of 9/11 than it is to question Obama's birth country.
Yea, you are going to have to show proof of that part of Paul Begala.

im not going to to pretend as if i Remember Fahrenheit 9/11 or Loose Change that well, but i do seem to remember liberals saying Bush missed signs that 9/11 was going to happen including intelligence reports and that all turned out to be true.

I honestly think you are just remembering the crazies and applying them to the masses, regardless of what the masses actually believed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,812,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Liberals are 100% responsible for the birther craze, that came out of the Hillary Clinton camp during the Democrat primaries.
Whoa. I'm endlessly amazed by the ability of some people to twist any issue inside-out in order to make their opponents look bad.

Maybe you're joking. I hope so.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,352,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I honestly think you are just remembering the crazies and applying them to the masses, regardless of what the masses actually believed.
Is that any different than what the liberals are doing to Republicans today?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,446,501 times
Quote:
What are liberals doing to Republicans today?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,375,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Are we forgetting that those on the fringe wing of the liberal spectrum were conspiracy theorists during GWB's years. I remember liberals accusing then governor of Florida, Jeb Bush, of conspiring to steal the election on behalf of his brother. You remember when liberals implicated GWB in the 9/11 attacks? Even today, some on the fringe left believe oil was behind the Iraq invasion.

I'm a liberal, but you must not deny the fact that conspiracy nuts exist on both sides.
There is a higher incidence of nuttiness on the right.

The More Republicans Know About Politics, the More They Believe Conspiracy Theories | Mother Jones[]
Quote:
The latest evidence on this comes from pollster and political scientist Dan Cassino of Fairleigh Dickinson University. In a national survey, Cassino examined belief in political conspiracy theories on both the left and also the right. He did so by asking Americans about two "liberal" conspiracy beliefs—the 9/11 "Truther" conspiracy, and the idea that George W. Bush stole the 2004 election—and two conservative ones: the "Birther" theory that Barack Obama was born in Kenya, and the claim that he stole the 2012 vote.

The results were hardly symmetrical. First, 75 percent of Republicans, but only 56 percent of Democrats, believed in at least one political conspiracy theory. But even more intriguing was the relationship between one's level of political knowledge and one's conspiratorial political beliefs. Among Democrats and independents, having a higher level of political knowledge was correlated with decreased belief in conspiracies. But precisely the opposite was the case for Republicans, where knowledge actually made the problem worse. For each political knowledge question that they answered correctly, Republicans' belief in at least one conspiracy theory tended to increase by 2 percentage points.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
64% of Republicans are birthers. I know the republicans sites have tried to pick that apart but it is still true because "Birther" to those sites means " you believe he was born in Kenya", when in reality there are 3 or 4 major birther conspiracies.The other one that immediately comes to mind is the "Frank Davis is his real father."

That being said, no polling is 100% accurate( it cant be since they didnt poll everyone), but it is sill damning.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,739,118 times
Bill Maher was tired of being bombarded with requests to endorse Trutherism by viewers, so he responded.

Bill Maher on 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - YouTube

Old 01-26-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Bill Maher was tired of being bombarded with requests to endorse Trutherism by viewers, so he responded.

Bill Maher on 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - YouTube
once again, you are arguing about the fringe wing of the Democratic party, not the majority and Bill Maher is not just watched by Democrats either, just like Limbaugh, and Hannity and O'reilly, he claims to have a following from the other party as well.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,495,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What are liberals doing to Republicans today?
Claiming that they are conducting a war on women.
Claiming that they hate poor people.
Claiming that they are racist.
Claiming that they want children with downs syndrome to fend for themselves.
Claiming that they want to suppress voter rights.
Claiming that they want to impose theocracy on America.
Claiming that they are purposely obstructing economic recovery.
Claiming that they incite violence.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I'm sure you expected that to be a rhetorical question because of course liberals don't make wild unfounded claims about conservatives. Unfortunately, the reality is that they do.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,122,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Mother Jones? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies