Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,397,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That is what I have gathered from her recent public appearance where she mentions "coming out" and the accusations of her sexuality, and also mentions her mother.

This is a slap in the face to the gay-activist types who like to claim that homosexuality is a normal inborn trait.

What do you think?
It's not just 'gay-activist types' that say homosexuality is a 'normal inborn trait', it's every mainstream health association as well. Why? Because of the evidence.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I think they should send her my way.....I'll straighten her out.....definitely worth a try....

"Corrective" rape to make lesbians "straight"? Like those gangs in Uganda?

Clang.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
She mentioned her mother because she is terminal and very close to dying.
Which makes the OP's post even more tacky.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
If people don't want to see any correlation, that is fine. However, it made perfect sense to me yesterday and I have been hearing about how she felt a lot of pressure from her mother during her young years as an actress.

What really bothers me, though, is the thoughtless attitude from the gay-activist types whose main agenda is to attack Christianity. Is it really so bad when a Christian shows concern for someone who is suffering from homosexuality? Someone who might even wish to know more about how to recover from the condition?

I guess it just doesn't fit into some people's selfish agendas. They will continue to tell homosexuals to "Toughen up and accept it! Don't try to change because you can't. And you are helping our anti-Christian agenda in the process."
"Suffering from homosexuality"?

Seriously?

Talk about being in the dark.

Guess what?

Even conservative Christian researchers have found that sexual orientation doesn't change:

“Characteristics of Mixed Orientation Couples: An Empirical Study"

http://wthrockmorton.com/2011/07/15/new-study-sexual-behavior-changes-but-not-sexual-orientation/

"While it was not a study of efforts to change, one could reasonably assume that if a group had participants who had shifted orientation very much, then this would be the group. However, that is not what they found"

Conservative Christian psychologist Dr Throckmorton says: "I think evangelicals need to face what evangelical academics are finding in research"

================================================== =========

Seems that a lot of conservative Christians choose to stay in the dark....

The Evangelical Blackout of Research on Sexual Orientation

Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
If a gay guy says I'm born this way and am attracted to men, goes out and finds the same mndset....then they have both just contradicted what they are seeking and found themselves not with a male mindset for attraction, but female seeking male, both denying their partner a male mindset for the said attraction to begin with.
WOT?

I think you are getting some interference with your tinfoil hat.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Excellent point! I've thought that same thing before. They will never find happiness because the entire idea is insane to begin with.
Do you and Stargazzer use the same frequency?

Old 01-16-2013, 05:07 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,590,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
As I said before on another post that referenced Foster, and which mentioned how graceful and something-or-other she was when she gave her speech, if these types of posts are accepted as topics of "Politics and Other Controversies," lots of valuable people's opinions and viewpoints will be lost here at this board, because people will become bored and they will leave.

Somehow my similarly-worded post in another thread was deleted; however, I sent a DM to the moderator asking why, because other people had posted on the same thread with a time stamp later than my post.

I do not get City Data sometimes, and why some posts are obliterated for no reason.

There seem to be many Hollywood nonsense postings here lately. Don't they belong someplace else?
best,
toodie
You are correct. This, plus the rigid dogma of I can only be right and you are wrong has caused me to seriously back off posting. I thought it would let up once the election was over, alas I was wrong about that.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Let's face it, you can quote all the excerps from as many references as you want but there is nothing yet that gives us a clear picture as to why people are gay or straight, nothing concrete. For those who know a lot of gay people think about their childhoods. Most have lived in a normal family enviornment, others have not. I have always felt and will, until science really proves one way or the other, some homosexuals are born homosexual and others are a product of enviornment. Regardless of why a person is homosexual still does not make it a choice. I know, from personal experience with our foster daughter and how she views it as well as how many of her gay friends see themselves...Some say they knew when at an early age they were different, others can look back to things that happened in their childhood that created their orientation. We just had this conversation on a family cruise last week.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Let's face it, you can quote all the excerps from as many references as you want but there is nothing yet that gives us a clear picture as to why people are gay or straight, nothing concrete. For those who know a lot of gay people think about their childhoods. Most have lived in a normal family enviornment, others have not. I have always felt and will, until science really proves one way or the other, some homosexuals are born homosexual and others are a product of enviornment. Regardless of why a person is homosexual still does not make it a choice. I know, from personal experience with our foster daughter and how she views it as well as how many of her gay friends see themselves...Some say they knew when at an early age they were different, others can look back to things that happened in their childhood that created their orientation. We just had this conversation on a family cruise last week.
Ask people what they think 'created' their heterosexual orientation.

How about you?

Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
THIS is what Jodie Foster said regarding her mother.
Quote:
"This brings me to the greatest influence of my life, my amazing mother, Evelyn. Mom, I know you’re inside those blue eyes somewhere and that there are so many things that you won’t understand tonight. But this is the only important one to take in: I love you, I love you, I love you. And I hope that if I say this three times, it will magically and perfectly enter into your soul, fill you with grace and the joy of knowing that you did good in this life. You’re a great mom. Please take that with you when you’re finally OK to go.
LA Times

Yep, it sure sounds like she had issues with her mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.