Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,528,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That is what I have gathered from her recent public appearance where she mentions "coming out" and the accusations of her sexuality, and also mentions her mother.

This is a slap in the face to the gay-activist types who like to claim that homosexuality is a normal inborn trait.

What do you think?
I think your theory is about as sound as my theory that she turned gay to discourage any more aspiring presidential assassins.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,382,264 times
Let's see. I mentioned my mother at some point in my many postings. Does saying something about her reveal my sexual preference to the world? I'm straight but if I said something about Mom does that make me a liar or gay. Jodie Foster's mother has dementia. She was trying to say something to her that she probably can't comprehend.
What a ridiculous post. How do you even justify posting crap like this? What kind of process do you think even leads you to this type of ignorant posting? Do you start out at Point A and immediately leap to Point Z without even thinking about it? Are you even capable of the most basic thought processes?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,701,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I think your theory is about as sound as my theory that she turned gay to discourage any more aspiring presidential assassins.
Funny!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,279,870 times
Why should we care what anyone in hollywood says or does?

Seems every time some hollywood types image is fading from the public eye they make the Earth shattering announcement that they are "coming out"....

~Yawn~

Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,826,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That is what I have gathered from her recent public appearance where she mentions "coming out" and the accusations of her sexuality, and also mentions her mother.

This is a slap in the face to the gay-activist types who like to claim that homosexuality is a normal inborn trait.

What do you think?
I see absolutely zero evidence in your post indicating her mother had anything to do with it. Troll thread much?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,507,315 times
So far the genetic link for male homosexuality seems to more clear, than for female homosexuality, though there is growing evidence.

Just my opinion, but male and female sexuality seem to have as many differences as they do similarities, and the emotional component obviously plays a much larger with women, regardless whether straight or gay, than it does for men. For example, there really isn't a lesbian equivalent for the anonymous male sex in gay bath houses and such. Have also had lesbian acquaintances mention the apparently common phenomena of other lesbians hitting on a straight woman after she's recently been divorced and is considered more ''vulnerable'' to ''alternatives''. Have never heard of any such comparable ''strategy'' among men (except for maybe straight guys hitting on recently divorced women... lol)! But likely there are many other differences as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,961,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why should we care what anyone in hollywood says or does?

Seems every time some hollywood types image is fading from the public eye they make the Earth shattering announcement that they are "coming out"....

~Yawn~
I didn't care much either. But I thought this was at least more interesting than most coming out stories.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM

If people don't want to see any correlation, that is fine. However, it made perfect sense to me yesterday and I have been hearing about how she felt a lot of pressure from her mother during her young years as an actress.

What really bothers me, though, is the thoughtless attitude from the gay-activist types whose main agenda is to attack Christianity. Is it really so bad when a Christian shows concern for someone who is suffering from homosexuality? Someone who might even wish to know more about how to recover from the condition?

I guess it just doesn't fit into some people's selfish agendas. They will continue to tell homosexuals to "Toughen up and accept it! Don't try to change because you can't. And you are helping our anti-Christian agenda in the process."

Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,144,417 times
If a gay guy says I'm born this way and am attracted to men, goes out and finds the same mndset....then they have both just contradicted what they are seeking and found themselves not with a male mindset for attraction, but female seeking male, both denying their partner a male mindset for the said attraction to begin with.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
If a gay guy says I'm born this way and am attracted to men, goes out and finds the same mndset....then they have both just contradicted what they are seeking and found themselves not with a male mindset for attraction, but female seeking male, both denying their partner a male mindset for the said attraction to begin with.
Excellent point! I've thought that same thing before. They will never find happiness because the entire idea is insane to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.