Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,240,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I don't believe you for the tiniest fraction of a nanosecond.
Your belief is immaterial . I was there saw it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,104,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Your belief is immaterial . I was there saw it .
At least be honest with yourself, if not the people on this forum.

You know for a fact that you never saw any such thing. Entire books have been written on the subject. Where have you been for thirty years?

I am content with your living with that knowledge, regardless of your lack of public candor. But I am curious... how old were you when this alleged event supposedly took place? Five?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,477,102 times
Lurch is such a putz.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:24 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,731,264 times

Vietnam Veterans receive the homecoming they never had. - YouTube

Old 12-26-2012, 03:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,236,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Flag burnner John Kerry has been selected by Barack Obama (who, along with Hilary Clinton caused the death of 4 Ameircans, including our Ambassador, in Benghazi) for Secretary of State.

Prior to his Presidential aspirations, John Kerry is perhaps best known for his anti-war activities, in which, among other things, he accused American troops of atrocities. He demanded Purple Hearts for self inflicted scratches, and also finagled Bronze and Silver Stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah he loved those medals so much he kept em too and tossed some other guys over the white house fence in protest. He stomped on his fellow service members to launch his political career.
Quote:
Just because they were not charged does not mean they did not violate it. John Kerry went to paris and met with the PRG while jane Fonda sat on anti air craft guns in North Vietnam neither had permission of our government both could have and should have been charged. Just because someone is not charged does not mean they did not do it
Quote:
No... the fact that they did not violate it means that they did not violate it. They engaged in no negotiations with any foreign government.

Meeting with members of another government is not a negotiation. Neither is a deliberately provocative photo-op at an anti-aircraft gun position, but who actually gives a good god damn about Jane Fonda? This is not rocket science.

And just because someone else is ignorantly whining about in on an Internet Forum thirty-five years later doesn't mean they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redford dude View Post
wjtwet, you're just going to have to realize that the world is a very complex place and not everything can be summed up in one or two sentences repeated over and over and over. I know your type are either unable to recognize this or willingly choose to believe in utter simplicity of everything but it still aint gonna make it true. Sorry, but that is the facts of life, O.K?
Quote:
I have read the winter soldier meeting notes , i have seen Kerry testimony in front of the senate. I saw our soldiers spit at when they came home from Vietnam. I blame Kerry and his anti America crowd who were denigrating our soldiers , meeting with the enemy talking to communists at the winter soldier meeting. lied about throwing his medals over the white house fence. I believe the man is one of the most anti American people i have ever seen in public life.
Quote:
And with this set of assertions you put the nail in the coffin of your discredit. If you actually claim to have actually seen such an event as an American soldier actually spit on when they come home, you are either hallucinating or a member of a community so exclusive that they have never been found to actually exist.

The story is by all evidence merely an Urban Legend.
wjtwet, I can not believe how many people are still trying to re-write history (like Kerry) by arguing with you! Are any of these people "our" age? Where they there? I was too. I saw the home comings our vets were getting. My late husband was kicked out of "his" restaurant when he entered in uniform! John Kerry was on the news when he threw those medals away. I saw it. I heard the a-hole. He also quit his job of being our Lt. Govenor. John Kerry is a pos and should never have been allowed to get into government but that's the fault of all the liberal pos that live here in Ma.

I have thought Fonda should have been charged with treason all those years ago. I have never liked since. She and Kerry are traitors in my book. Just because they weren't charged, doesn't make what they did any less wrong. Same thing with Sean Penn. I consider him a traitor too. That's the difference between the US and other countries, the law may be on the books, but our country doesn't kill or imprison peope for life like they should.

Urban Legend?? That's a new one! The "Legend" is the TRUTH.

Keep on speaking the truth, wjtwet. It IS the truth but not too many people want to hear the truth.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
wjtwet, I can not believe how many people are still trying to re-write history (like Kerry) by arguing with you! Are any of these people "our" age? Where they there? I was too. I saw the home comings our vets were getting. My late husband was kicked out of "his" restaurant when he entered in uniform! John Kerry was on the news when he threw those medals away. I saw it. I heard the a-hole. He also quit his job of being our Lt. Govenor. John Kerry is a pos and should never have been allowed to get into government but that's the fault of all the liberal pos that live here in Ma.

I have thought Fonda should have been charged with treason all those years ago. I have never liked since. She and Kerry are traitors in my book. Just because they weren't charged, doesn't make what they did any less wrong. Same thing with Sean Penn. I consider him a traitor too. That's the difference between the US and other countries, the law may be on the books, but our country doesn't kill or imprison peope for life like they should.

Urban Legend?? That's a new one! The "Legend" is the TRUTH.

Keep on speaking the truth, wjtwet. It IS the truth but not too many people want to hear the truth.
A decorated war veteran is a POS, you are showing your true colors and the respect you have for our soldiers.

Seems like you need a history lesson, Robert McNamara's "In Retrospect: The Tragedy and Lessons of Vietnam", seems like the protestors were on the right side of history and brought about an end to a senseless war, if not for them thousands more would have died.

It never ceases to amaze me that people like you harbor so much hatred for Kerry, Fonda and others while with not a whisper against government representatives that sent 50,000 18 year olds off to death in an absurd war. You are on the wrong side of history, but keep on with your treason rants while ignoring the obvious. Kerry had every right to throw his medals over the fence in protest, he earned that right.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:41 PM

32 posts, read 22,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, while Kerry was "finagling" his bronze and silver stars, Bush/Chaney/Rumsfeld were "finagling" their way out of the armed forces.
Kinda like your buddy Clinton eh?

Old 12-26-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX-PG View Post
Kinda like your buddy Clinton eh?
After my Dad finished college (deferred draft) he still had to serve his time, as he was still draft eligible. He joined the navy and served in the Sea of Japan as an Ltjg on a guided missile frigate. Their job was primarily to rescue downed pilots. He served his 3 years or so and got out.

How'd these pols manage to never serve?

Old 12-26-2012, 05:31 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
He joined the navy and served in the Sea of Japan as an Ltjg on a guided missile frigate.
Did he finagle any medals? I am reliably informed upthread that LT-JGs can make vice admirals give them Silver Stars, so it would be useful to have a primary source.

Just kidding. Sincere kudos to your father for not squirming out and making somebody else do his job.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Did he finagle any medals? I am reliably informed upthread that LT-JGs can make vice admirals give them Silver Stars, so it would be useful to have a primary source.

Just kidding. Sincere kudos to your father for not squirming out and making somebody else do his job.
No, he was a supply officer. They had a fire on ship, but nothing really more exciting happened besides fishing pilots and boat people out of the water. He did almost get dunked in the water transferring from Enterprise to his new ship.

He had friends that volunteered to be river rats, though. One I know of got at least a purple heart, losing an eye and an arm in combat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies