Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This is a flat out lie.

Of the 250 "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" almost none of them ever actually served with Kerry. Of those who actually served in Kerry's boat crew, only Stephen Gardner joined SBVT, and he was not present on any of the occasions when Kerry earned his medals, including his Purple Hearts. Not a single members of SBVT were aboard Kerry's boat during any of the incidents for which he was decorated. The only member of SBVT who was actually present for the events after which Kerry was awarded the Silver Star, Larry Clayton Lee, praised Kerry's tactics and agreed completely that he deserved his Silver Star.

It is a complete lie to assert that " the men who actually served with Kerry said he did not deserve those decorations."
If people knew anything about Vietnam they would realize how absurd it is for 250 soldiers to remember a particular person that served with them for a year, 40 years later 250 so called soldiers claim they knew all these details. Give Karl Rove credit, he knows how to manipulate the naive voters and they ran with this.

Think about this, 250 soldiers knew John Kerry even though he was only in Vietnam for 4 months but almost nobody knew George Bush when he served for years in the national guards, including his commanding officer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
I gotta say getting a grain of rice embedded in your ass sounds quite painful.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
This is a flat out lie.

Of the 250 "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" almost none of them ever actually served with Kerry. Of those who actually served in Kerry's boat crew, only Stephen Gardner joined SBVT, and he was not present on any of the occasions when Kerry earned his medals, including his Purple Hearts. Not a single members of SBVT were aboard Kerry's boat during any of the incidents for which he was decorated. The only member of SBVT who was actually present for the events after which Kerry was awarded the Silver Star, Larry Clayton Lee, praised Kerry's tactics and agreed completely that he deserved his Silver Star.

It is a complete lie to assert that " the men who actually served with Kerry said he did not deserve those decorations."
Quote:
Exactly as I said.

Again however, he was not present on any of the occasions when Kerry earned his medals, including his Purple Hearts.
You said almost none of the 250 swiftboaters served with him when at least one did

Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, while Kerry was "finagling" his bronze and silver stars, Bush/Chaney/Rumsfeld were "finagling" their way out of the armed forces.
The dems are some of the biggest hypocrites around.

As many of them complain about repubs, I hate to break the bad news but, Bush did serve and got an Honorable Discharge, I'd be willing to bet you and many other grippers voted for Biden, twice and he got 5 deferments.

So, what is your REAL point?

Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You said almost none of the 250 swiftboaters served with him when at least one did
Almost none is greater than zero.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes I did. And then I explicitly mentioned Steve Garder by name as the sole exception.

Your reading comprehension is worse than that of any other individual in this thread.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I guess Kerry could have applied for, and received, five draft deferments during the Vietnam era, like Cheney. Then he would have been a true patriot. Or maybe he could have swung a cushy gig with the TX national guard instead of fighting, like Bushy, leapfrogging past better qualified men in the process. Much more heroic than, you know, fighting for your country in Vietnam.
Another one. You are WARE, i DOUBT IT, that Biden got 5 deferments also. AND you probably voted for him twice.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:58 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I gotta say getting a grain of rice embedded in your ass sounds quite painful.
Too bad this describes none of Kerry's four combat injuries, three of which earned him the Purple Heart.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
It's one of the few things about Kerry that I admire. Not simply throwing away those worthless pieces o metal, but talking about the atrocities committed by the pieces of excrement who murdered women and children. It's a shame more service members did not have the moral courage to disclose the atrocities committed in Vietnam.
You are one sick S.O.B.!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
read what john Kerry did at the winter soldier meeting he broke the logan act and should have been charged along with jane fonda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies