Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,217,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
read what john Kerry did at the winter soldier meeting he broke the logan act and should have been charged along with jane fonda
Since neither of them were ever charged with a violation of the Logan Act (for good reason, since neither of them violated it by negotiating with anybody, let alone a foreign government) it is clear that your head is firmly in rectal defilade.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 12-26-2012 at 08:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,301,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This is a flat out lie.

Of the 250 "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" almost none of them ever actually served with Kerry. Of those who actually served in Kerry's boat crew, only Stephen Gardner joined SBVT, and he was not present on any of the occasions when Kerry earned his medals, including his Purple Hearts. Not a single members of SBVT were aboard Kerry's boat during any of the incidents for which he was decorated. The only member of SBVT who was actually present for the events after which Kerry was awarded the Silver Star, Larry Clayton Lee, praised Kerry's tactics and agreed completely that he deserved his Silver Star.

It is a complete lie to assert that " the men who actually served with Kerry said he did not deserve those decorations."
Quote:
Since neither of them were ever charged with a violation of the Logan Act (for good reason, since neither of them violated it by negotiating with anybody, let alone a foreign governement) it is clear that your head is firmly in rectal defilade.
Just because they were not charged does not mean they did not violate it. John Kerry went to paris and met with the PRG while jane Fonda sat on anti air craft guns in North Vietnam neither had permission of our government both could have and should have been charged. Just because someone is not charged does not mean they did not do it

Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Just because they were not charged does not mean they did not violate it.
No... the fact that they did not violate it means that they did not violate it. They engaged in no negotiations with any foreign government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet
John Kerry went to paris and met with the PRG while jane Fonda sat on anti air craft guns in North Vietnam neither had permission of our government both could have and should have been charged.
Meeting with members of another government is not a negotiation. Neither is a deliberately provocative photo-op at an anti-aircraft gun position, but who actually gives a good god damn about Jane Fonda? This is not rocket science.

Quote:
Just because someone is not charged does not mean they did not do it
And just because someone else is ignorantly whining about in on an Internet Forum thirty-five years later doesn't mean they did.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
No... the fact that they did not violate it means that they did not violate it. They engaged in no negotiations with any foreign government.

Meeting with members of another government is not a negotiation. Neither is a deliberately provocative photo-op at an anti-aircraft gun position, but who actually gives a good god damn about Jane Fonda? This is not rocket science.

And just because someone else is ignorantly whining about in on an Internet Forum thirty-five years later doesn't mean they did.
read the logan act and i somewhat agree fonda should be charged with treason. And your personal attacks are a sign of your character not mine and i find them to be well below your ability

Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 AM

183 posts, read 325,380 times
wjtwet, you're just going to have to realize that the world is a very complex place and not everything can be summed up in one or two sentences repeated over and over and over. I know your type are either unable to recognize this or willingly choose to believe in utter simplicity of everything but it still aint gonna make it true. Sorry, but that is the facts of life, O.K?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redford dude View Post
wjtwet, you're just going to have to realize that the world is a very complex place and not everything can be summed up in one or two sentences repeated over and over and over. I know your type are either unable to recognize this or willingly choose to believe in utter simplicity of everything but it still aint gonna make it true. Sorry, but that is the facts of life, O.K?
I have read the winter soldier meeting notes , i have seen Kerry testimony in front of the senate. I saw our soldiers spit at when they came home from Vietnam. I blame Kerry and his anti America crowd who were denigrating our soldiers , meeting with the enemy talking to communists at the winter soldier meeting. lied about throwing his medals over the white house fence. I believe the man is one of the most anti American people i have ever seen in public life.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
read the logan act
Done and done.

Quote:
and i somewhat agree fonda should be charged with treason.
And I think the Dreyfus Affair was a tragedy. Neither of our personal desires regarding ancient history will change a whit of it.

Quote:
And your personal attacks are a sign of your character not mine and i find them to be well below your ability
And the whine continues. It is hilarious that people get so easily offended in threads where their own sole intention is the vicious character assassination of a decorated American veteran. If you are surprised that other veterans take such despicable behavior a little personally, consider it a learning moment.

Look, if you have too thin a skin for these threads, I'm pretty sure there are other forums on auto mechanics or crochet that might be better suited to your sensitive nature.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I have read the winter soldier meeting notes , i have seen Kerry testimony in front of the senate. I saw our soldiers spit at when they came home from Vietnam. I blame Kerry and his anti America crowd who were denigrating our soldiers , meeting with the enemy talking to communists at the winter soldier meeting. lied about throwing his medals over the white house fence. I believe the man is one of the most anti American people i have ever seen in public life.
And with this set of assertions you put the nail in the coffin of your discredit. If you actually claim to have actually seen such an event as an American soldier actually spit on when they come home, you are either hallucinating or a member of a community so exclusive that they have never been found to actually exist.

The story is by all evidence merely an Urban Legend.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
And with this set of assertions you put the nail in the coffin of your discredit. If you actually claim to have actually seen such an event as an American soldier actually spit on when they come home, you are either hallucinating or a member of a community so exclusive that they have never been found to actually exist.

The story is by all evidence merely an Urban Legend.
I actually did see it. I saw it live and an airport and a friend waited for his dad to come home

Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I actually did see it. I saw it live and an airport and a friend waited for his dad to come home
I don't believe you for the tiniest fraction of a nanosecond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies