Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:10 AM

195 posts, read 153,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
The real threat that sovereign law abiding U.S. citizens are facing right now is the liberal media. They are establishing a narrative on behest of the president and his political cohorts to saturate the masses with disinformation that will garner support in subverting the Constitution, namely the 2nd Amendment, a major national security blanket for the United States. The media is telling you that guns are the heart of the problem ....................they are not. Guns have not caused these tragic shootings that America has been experiencing the last 20 years. The NRA is not to blame either. What really is to blame is a radical flawed ideology called liberalism. The media has embrace it and will stop at nothing until the goal of transforming America into a progressivism state of mind. They are the main assault weapon that you, the American citizen faces. I want you to pay attention to just 6 reasons released last month why assault weapons should not be banned. If you are blessed with good ole common sense, you should be able to agree with these logical reasons.

Chuck Woolery on Assault Weapons - YouTube

Good `ol Chuck!

The man loves to fish. He is on Lake Marble Falls, wetting a line almost daily.
Did some work in his house a few years ago, in Horseshoe Bend.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:16 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Yes, I'm scared that if you find out where and who I really am, you'll shoot me!
Why would we harm you? I want an answer.

Quote:
You gun lovers seem to be very hostile people in general- not all, but extremely defensive and take such quick offense if anyone disagrees with your opinions.
Our rights have been under attack since 1934, so excuse us if we are tried of lies, falsehoods, and attacks taken against our rights.

Quote:
It's still a free country- free for you to have your guns (Which I have stated I AM in favor of the 2nd Amendment), and free for me to speak my mind.
Great, so why dont you learn a little about the 2nd Amendment and how it protects all of your rights...

Quote:
Enjoy your toys now, because the way our country is headed, those rights will be removed- regardless of how strong your feelings.
No, future genrations will enjoy even more freedom then we do, that is the way our country is headed, if your kind or anyone one tries to strip us of our rights it will end very badly for you/them.

Just for giggles what makes you think such things?

Old 08-14-2014, 06:45 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
OP, can you tell me in what paragraph of the Constitution the right to assault weapons is guaranteed? Thanks.
what is an assault weapon???

a gun having a magazine??? so you want to ban 'nearly' all handguns and rifle

is 'semi-automatic'?? even revolvers are semi-automatic as the cartridge holder revolves to the next position...

fully automatic....?...... already banned..the gang bangers using UZI's...are already using illegal guns

why are liberals so (pun intended) 'gun-ho' for removing weapons from the public......is their government controls everything form of tyranny so strong???

Old 08-14-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what is an assault weapon???

a gun having a magazine??? so you want to ban 'nearly' all handguns and rifle

is 'semi-automatic'?? even revolvers are semi-automatic as the cartridge holder revolves to the next position...

fully automatic....?...... already banned..the gang bangers using UZI's...are already using illegal guns

why are liberals so (pun intended) 'gun-ho' for removing weapons from the public......is their government controls everything form of tyranny so strong???
Leftist are tools, fools, or useful idiots.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Stop generalizing. My politics and economics are leftist. My support of the 2nd Amendment is neither right or left but absolute.

My duty as a citizen is to defend myself, my family and my friends from violent assault. I will not let anyone take away the weapons I may need to do that duty. I believe everyone has this duty and should be properly armed.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Stop generalizing. My politics and economics are leftist. My support of the 2nd Amendment is neither right or left but absolute.

My duty as a citizen is to defend myself, my family and my friends from violent assault. I will not let anyone take away the weapons I may need to do that duty. I believe everyone has this duty and should be properly armed.
If you vote for leftist or leftism then you are not a support of the 2nd Amendment. How can you be if you elect people who have views of a party of ideology who would limit, or even abolish it?

So what do you vote for people who would limit your rights?

Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
What does the term 'Arms' mean to you in the phrase 'Right To Bear 'Arms''?

Dang! That was easy.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:43 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
OP, can you tell me in what paragraph of the Constitution the right to assault weapons is guaranteed? Thanks.
It's in the Second Amendment. It's not hard.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:45 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Blah blah blah! Assault weapons should be banned except for Law Enforcement and the Military people who are trained to use these weapons! Hiding behind the Second Amendment is pure BS! Ban assault weapons NOW!
If you are serious, how about you try it?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:19 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Blah blah blah! Assault weapons should be banned except for Law Enforcement and the Military people who are trained to use these weapons! Hiding behind the Second Amendment is pure BS! Ban assault weapons NOW!
You're free to ban them out of your house, I'll keep my semi-auto weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.