Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 11:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I encourage anyone interested in the topic to read the story in the NEB for himself or herself rather than accept this widely propagated homosexual apology. The story is quite clear. I'm not saying that anyone has to agree with the Bible. What I am saying is that anyone who throws around Biblical references regarding fabrics and tattoos -- trying to make the implication that this is the Bible's only comment on homosexuality -- needs at least to be familiar with the story of Sodom and to acknowledge it. After all, that's where the word "sodomy" came from -- straight from the Bible.
I encourage you to learn ancient languages, and get access to the original scriptures, or as original as you can get. That would be better than citing the latest revised version of the Bible, which has been through the hands of numerous translators and editors, each with their own perspective and agenda.

4,176 posts, read 4,669,373 times
Look for the excuses to get even more bizarre and unhinged as more states fall and the bigots become ever more desperate.

904 posts, read 687,593 times
Sodomites have been given up to a corrupt nature, they won't get it, until their physical is removed from their spiritual.

That goes with the rest of the deadly sins.

The conscience must go away, in order to continue the thoughts and acts of perversion.

11,011 posts, read 11,021,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Yes. I would look for Obama to change all the rules he possibly can so that same-sex married couples can realize all the federal benefits possible.
Most of it takes Congress so I doubt that will happen. There might be some which is just a change in that particular's agencies policies.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
If you openly support issues that not only contradict His word but mock Him you are without God. If you want to be with God follow His word. If you're offended then change.
You sound seriously mentally ill and are exhibiting numerous symptoms of schizophrenia.

Please seek out a mental health professional as soon as possible.

14,917 posts, read 13,098,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I gave birth, and my partner also gave birth. We used the same methods that many heterosexual couples use.
Just remember, Hamish Forbes doesn't hate you - he's just very sorry that you were allowed to have children.

6,414 posts, read 10,490,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
No he didn't. Human beings evolved from mult-cell organisms like every other multi-celled organism on this planet.

your fairy tale book has no authority over reality.

and how did they come to have so many grandchildren if they were the first and only couple? Love how your "god" promoted incest.

and anyone who believes they lived 900 years, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell.
Many forget that we did not always measure time by the annual transit of the sun, we used to measure time by the easily measured timing of the moon, thus that 900 years was actually closer to 70 years.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I encourage anyone interested in the topic to read the story in the NEB for himself or herself rather than accept this widely propagated homosexual apology. The story is quite clear.
No, actually the hospitality argument is the original Hebrew basis of that story found in the Torah. The anti-gay version is the corruption.

Quote:
I'm not saying that anyone has to agree with the Bible. What I am saying is that anyone who throws around Biblical references regarding fabrics and tattoos -- trying to make the implication that this is the Bible's only comment on homosexuality -- needs at least to be familiar with the story of Sodom and to acknowledge it.
The Story of Sodom says nothing about gay people. Read Judges 19. Dispels your ridiculous argument.

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
I know, for one, a big potential impact to FSA and HSA plans which prohibit the use of funds for same-sex married couples. So now these funds would be available. . .but it seems by state (i.e. state must allow the marriage). I'm not sure if this impacts Civil Unions OR domestic partnerships (which employers allowed due to the issues with marriage).

I think the real question you nail on is how this stuff works from state to state. There is a lot of power there for the Obama administration to come in and make some big changes. . thanks to DOMA being overturned. That could drive the answers to your questions about inter-state issues. From what I'm reading, A lot of changes don't need congress. . as they are current benefits/executive order friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
If you have a religious issue with this ruling - please bring it elsewhere. I am interested in discussing what this ruling means within the context of the law.

I am interested in discussing how striking down DOMA will apply to states where same sex marriage is not legal.

First, there's the issue if a legally gay couple moves to a state where their marriage is not recognized. How does Federal law treat them then? Are they considered married or not? Do benefits confer with the place of where you married or where you live?

Second, many states use Federal tax filings for the basis of their own tax forms. Does this increase complication? I know it will but does this mean each state where same sex marriage is not legal now how to change how they collect taxes?

Finally, what about institutions who accept Federal funding but are located in a state where same sex marriage is not legal? Does that institution have to provide married benefits (e.g. insurance for spouse) or do they follow the state's laws where they are located?

Not looking at all of the morality, rightness, or wrongness of this ruling, I am curious on how it changes how business is done in the majority of our states now.

2,991 posts, read 4,288,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And you say you don't hate gay people....
I don't. I feel sorry for them, and I regret how they are duped by their publicity-hungry, power-hungry "leaders."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies