Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 02:16 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,619,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Please provide evidence that "civil marriage is a civil right."
Loving v. Virginia. Google is your friend.

Quote:
Thus, marriage, primarily, is for the future society - children.
This tired nonsense again? Sigh. I'm hope I live long enough to see it legal in all 50 states, it's not a matter of if, just when, and how. Could be next June if SCOTUS gives the proper ruling. Religious nutters heads are going to explode, I hope I get to see at least one actually happen.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM

109 posts, read 137,013 times
fat people and gays should not be allowed to marry, I'm okay if lesbians watch to get married its hot

Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,471,141 times
Supreme Court gay marriage cases could set stage for dramatic societal changes

Quote:
The Supreme Court will hear arguments this week in two cases that have the potential to transform American society and the status of gays and lesbians in it.

In oral arguments on Tuesday morning the 9 justices will consider whether California’s voter approved ban on gay marriage, Proposition 8, unfairly discriminates against gay people. On Wednesday, they’ll consider whether the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act barring the U.S. government from recognizing same-sex marriages, even in states that allow them, constitutes federal overreach.

Both cases could change the everyday lives of gay people and transform the larger, decades old gay rights movement, which has pursued both a court-based and political strategy to gain more legal protections for gay people. But the California Prop 8 case in particular, called Perry v. Hollingsworth, is considered by both pro and anti-gay marriage camps to be the most important, and potentially sweeping, of the two.
And we're off to the races!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,448,560 times
Is this month all about gay pride or something? I apologize for my ignorance on the matter but I just want to know why sites such as CNN have so much gay articles up at the moment?

CNN.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Is this month all about gay pride or something? I apologize for my ignorance on the matter but I just want to know why sites such as CNN have so much gay articles up at the moment?

CNN.
Supreme Court hearings start this week.

Supreme Court Considers DOMA

Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM

47,007 posts, read 26,062,966 times
Quote:
Anybody with any common sense sees through this obvious lack of logic.
Mmm - actually, it's the other way around. It's only when you can't build a logical argument that you have to resort to that lowest-common-denominator labeled "common sense".

Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,562,150 times
Here is first part of oral argument Supreme Court of the United States

Old 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,432,069 times
Quote:
"We gay people"???
Right there, I know you are deluding yourself.
Gay originally meant, "happy."
Now it is warped into homosexual fetishes, disguised as a single source of identity - what rubbish!

YOU ARE NOT "GAY."
Who you are is much more complex than the sexual fetishes you have.
Sexual fetishes is one tiny aspect of your perspective and approach to living, not your identity.

Again, you are mistaken.

"Fetish: any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."

A man's genitals do not fit with another man's genitals, & the same lack of fitting applies with 2 women.
Thus, they resort to substitutes, aka "nongenital parts" & thus homosexuality is a fetish.

I'm assuming you have zero higher education, based on your posts. Certainly not from an accredited school.... but I still have to ask: Since you're such an expert on human sexuality, from where did you get your degree in same? What courses did you take to speak so authoritatively on the subject in such a way that goes against 99% of the prevailing academia on the subject?

BTW: You DO realize that your own underlined and emphasized definition of the word "fetish" actually refutes what you claim is a fetish in your very next sentence?

Like I said.... lack of education and all that....

Old 03-26-2013, 12:11 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,045,506 times
Marriage has no place with government deciding. If we used logic, government would view it all as domestic partnership. Marriage would be defined based on your religious affiliation. Go to a church get married, you are married. If you are gay or like your cousin or want multiple partners, then you can create your own organization to perform those ceremonies

Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,953,424 times
Loving v Virgina(1967)

The US Supreme Court ruling invalidating prohibition on interracial marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.