Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 05:20 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,293,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
He is in and about and through all things.
Including gay sex?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:44 PM

904 posts, read 689,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Including gay sex?
For a season, then pruning comes. He determines.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki H View Post
Your "opinions" ABSOLUTELY come across as holier than thou condemnation to hell.
Of course church attendance does not equal belief I was just shocked that some spouting Biblical "verses" and STRONG anti homosexual "faith based"- NOT my faith, hate does not go to church.
Wow! Thought i was just sharing my opinion and life experience. Maybe our gender gap is found in the definitions of our words.

Like technology. Words and definitions update every 6 months now.
I like to hold to the traditional definitions. I've posted some when asked.

The irony to me is that you go at me stripe for stripe.. if you really think hate is in my vocabulary.

I stated it is not.. it's you who chooses to translate (correctly or incorrectly).

Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,356,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yet you post with the authority of someone who does. Funny how that works.

If only "how you live" was what was important.

Christians and other very religious are notorious for trying to force everyone else to live like them through force of LAW, because their message is unattractive and humans yearn to be free. It happens in the middle east, and it happens here to a lesser extent. Thankfully, less and less here.

The cure on this issue is to not get a gay marriage if you are against it. No amount of internet or street preaching is going to convince a gay person they are not entitled to full rights and privileges of citizenship in this country.

Live your life righteously as YOUR book demands you do, and let others live THEIR lives.

You don't see the Jews trying to outlaw pork, do you? Or the Amish marching on Washington to make America electricity-free?

You also manage to agree that people should be FREE to be other-than-Christian or non-Christian, correct? That flies against the Bible's #1 tenant, yet you manage to live.

If Christians really were about enforcing God's will they would trash the first Amendment, institute a state religion (Christianity) and enforce it by rule of law.

So looks like there's nothing left for you to do here.

Proof does not always promote belief or better still, FAITH.

Romans 1:20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,356,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Does God vibrate in the bible?
18 ¶ For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 ¶ Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
25 who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 ¶ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 ¶ And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 who, knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Roman 1: 18 - 32 KJV

Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 PM

107 posts, read 116,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Wow! Thought i was just sharing my opinion and life experience. Maybe our gender gap is found in the definitions of our words.

Like technology. Words and definitions update every 6 months now.
I like to hold to the traditional definitions. I've posted some when asked.

The irony to me is that you go at me stripe for stripe.. if you really think hate is in my vocabulary.

I stated it is not.. it's you who chooses to translate (correctly or incorrectly).
Reread your posts throughout this thread. Also, I noticed all other commenters responded to your posts in the same way that I did.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki H View Post
Reread your posts throughout this thread. Also, I noticed all other commenters responded to your posts in the same way that I did.
"ALL" others.... interesting.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,376,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
18 ¶ For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 ¶ Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
25 who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 ¶ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 ¶ And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 who, knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Roman 1: 18 - 32 KJV
What about it? It's your Big Book of Rules, not mine. I don't care if you pray until your knees bleed. It has nothing to do with me.
(And there's nothing there about god vibrating.)

Old 07-05-2013, 11:19 PM

107 posts, read 116,812 times
Ok ALL others EXCEPT Tillman7.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:21 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,866,815 times
So glad that formal marriage is falling out of favor for thinking people. It's a wonderful thing to see the gay community taking over the institution...no one else really wants it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies