Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 06:38 PM

904 posts, read 688,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Why aren't more good Christian men offering up their daughters for mobs of sex crazed men to rape, then? Doesn't the Bible teach them to do that?
That isn't a teaching, it was a reaction to the heinous desires of Men wanting to butt pack his sons.

Offering his daughters was the lesser of the vile choices at the time.

Context is everything.

Lot most likely knew they wouldn't take him up on his offer, as he was there to find 1 good soul, and upon finding none, including his wife.
The Town was torched.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:49 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, but there is a constitutional right to equal protection under the law.
AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

I guess you missed that part.
Yeah but that's not the amendment Kennedy cited in his silly decision.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah but that's not the amendment Kennedy cited in his silly decision.
I never said it was.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:56 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
You know, I am starting to think that some of you are just plain dumb.

The question is not about the validity of the Bible.

The question concerns whether a particular teaching appears in the Bible.

Can you not understand the difference between these two concepts?

God exist!!!! These people running around asking for proof should simply sit down and evaluate their life and how they got through struggles. I'm not one to sit up and quote scriptures but I compare scripture to what has happened to me and its nothing but God working.

I just pray that some of you you who do not believe make the transition to believing because being a believer in God is a beautiful thing.

As far as gay people, God teaches me to love people even with their faults. I live by a scripture, how can I point out the splinter in one mans eye when I have a plank in mine. Gay people are living in sin, but I am also a sinner so how can we persecute them?

Old 06-30-2013, 11:00 AM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Good for them,

That all happened pretty quick, we just legalized ssm in MN and they wont start marriages until August.
Well, there had been any number of gay marriages until the Prop 8 hate-a-palooza rolled into town, so the machinery was already in place.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:03 AM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
so minorities dont have a minds of their own, and must be "swayed" as you put it. that is both a very discriminatory AND hateful thing to say if you ask me. why must minorities give special consideration to other "minorities"?

seems like all the complaints above are what psychologist might call "Projecting" more than anything else
People act on the information in front of them, and The Prop 8 backers lied their rearsides off in their agitprop - it was a very well conducted campaign, I will give them that. Still think the carpenter's son from Nazareth would have liked it better if they spent the cash on the sick, poor and persecuted, but....

Old 06-30-2013, 11:04 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
I didnt realize 30% of Americans live in SSM states.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:41 PM

107 posts, read 116,529 times
Hummm some of these comments are very mean spirited. As long as no one is getting hurt or hurting others, who cares what or who someone is involved with????? So what if a man loves a man and a women loves a women??? How does this have anything to do with other people beyond the couple themselves??? It doesn't! Best to focus energy of anger on changing issues where people ARE in danger (for example the sex trade, kidnapping, perverts hurting kids- absolutely disturbing horrible things) and take your anger and energy off of two same sex adults in love and now (also in CA) getting married.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:47 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
God exist!!!!
Prove it.

Quote:
These people running around asking for proof should simply sit down and evaluate their life and how they got through struggles
Easy, Family, love and support, and self determination. No "God" helped me through my struggles. Including the 1 1/2 years I went through Physical Therapy due to a motorcycle accident. The recovery was due to the 4 doctors, and 4 trainers I worked with for 8 months.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:52 PM

107 posts, read 116,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I had an exchange with a conservative gay black young guy ( talk about rare) on twitter today. Nice young man he began our exchange very snarky like the homosexuals on here. However I was very consistent about how his behavior is against God and that i would pray for him. I could tell he is conflicted and knows what he is doing is wrong and that he is speaking in the bluster of youth.

I truly empathize with him and others like him. While info believe individuals are born with some inate level of same sex attraction, I believe through prayer and fortitude one can change or at least live a wholesome life with a woman and build a family.

I hope the homosexuals on here will one day realize the error of their ways and humble themselves before God before it is too late. Us Christians are here to help you.
Here to "help" them or judge them?? Hummm

Very interesting I thought our loving God created ALL people. Hummm maybe you know a different God. The God I know and love created ALL people and calls us ALL his children. We are ALL covered with God's finger- prints.

Last edited by Niki H; 07-01-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.